NOCK!

NOCK!

Who's there?

C A N T L O O S E T H E R O O S E

DRAW!

LOOSE!

that battle was the high part of the entire season. most of the season was, well, kind of shitty. that battle was one of the best, if not the best, i've ever seen in cinema. saving private ryan is really the only contender.

>without the Vale Jon was actually dead

Lucky

Jon has plot armor, user.

You know, for a show that's boasts itself on realism and "no one is safe", it's rather unfeasible.

Helm's Deep senpai

i'd have to watch that again. i think the battle of the bastards was much more visceral. helm's deep felt more emotional, though, because i felt more for the characters involved. i couldn't give less of a shit for the characters in GoT. i just thought the scene was extremely well done.

Would have been kinda awkward if Jon died before the Vale came ya think

visceral wasn't quite the word i was looking for. for lack of better words, it seemed more realistic.

>battles exactly like this actually happened less than 1000 years ago

imagine being able to watch one in full hd. would be fucking insane

this is what made me drop the show desu
>show is advertised as being gritty and not conforming to normal fantasy tropes
>Jon and Dany are still never subject to any serious repercussions for their actions despite regularly making mistakes that would result in the instant and painful death of anyone else in the series if roles were changed

SHOW ME

because lord of the ring can't show too much gore

Why did Liam Neeson have such a small cameo?

Most historical movies made in Eastern Europe shit over Bastardbowl.

i don't doubt it. any examples?

he literally died on the show you monkey

He was murdered on the show*

We're talking about a war scene, in which the commander ran ahead of his army, somehow survived a cavalry charge/clash, a massive infantry skirmish, and getting trampled by a mob

Seriously, Jon had absolutely no business surviving this. It was a really well-done scene in terms of logistics, but any couple of seconds in the middle of that kind of battle should have been a toss-up between life or death, and Jon somehow lives through everything

Wait are you saying that the events in a Game of Thrones are dictated by a plot? What shitty writing.

How did Sansa know his dogs hadn't eaten for 7 days? She left the meeting before he said that...

how did Varys fucking teleport? D&D and/or GRRM are terrible writers

the whole scene was created by Aussies btw

which one? the bastards or helm's deep?

The shitposting one

"Our boards are ruined"

he was pretty much instantly resurrected, dumbass

>medieval levy soldiers performed Phalanx formations

'no'.

the bastard's, well it was an aussie company that did all the cgi I heard them being interviewed on the radio this morning

well done, aussies, well done. however...however nothing. great scene.

Someone mentioned it off screen presumably. Its not exactly unreasonable.

I don't know why this is meant to be such a great battle scene, it's not even the best one from the show in my opinion. I liked the defence of the wall and the battle of the Blackwater a lot more.

>that battle was one of the best, if not the best, i've ever seen in cinema
This is the type of human shit you share the board with, ladies and germs.

SHOT

>that battle was one of the best, if not the best, i've ever seen in cinema. saving private ryan is really the only contender.

>GOT faggots

Ramsay mentioned it when he was talking shit to Jon and co before the battle

I think you think you know history but it is all from video games

you just picked the only two people who are blatantly saved by plot armor, and one of them has been killed. a triple digit cast of characters, most of which have been killed, having 2 people with plot armor made you drop a show? you'd be better off just not watching anything for the rest of your life

It was historically and strategically utter bullshit but the actual cinematography and choreography was definitely some of the best there has been on screen.

I miss him

The entire episode is unrealistic. Dogs are a loyal animal and would never have turned on their master

But he is right, medieval peasants mitia will never able to fight in such formation,

>historically
It's fantasy, stop pretending to know what youre talking about with "cinematography" you 15 year old, t. Film student

Thumblr, please it was positioned as dark low "pseudohistorical" fantasy.

>spewing genre names in an attempt to look smart
It's a fantasy show you fucking fanboy, just because the Stak/Lanni stuff is based on the War of the Roses doesn't mean it's "psuedohitorical", a psuedohistorical film would be Gladiator.

where did the banners in the back go?

>doesn't mean it's "psuedohitorical"
Shill please GRRM and D&D thousands times said how well detailed and realistic their shit.

He looks like Todd Howard from Bethesda.

I imagine people talk to eachother?

>he never released the kraken
What the fuck Zeus you were such a shit ally.

>and one of them has been killed.
and then immediately resurrected to take revenge on his killers for his much deserved death. And yes, in a show based around no one having plot armor, 2 characters having the most blatant plot armor of any show not marketed to 9 year olds is a massive flaw in the writing of the series

Why do you assume they were peasant militia? They were pretty clearly Ramsay's best soldiers, it's not like the entire army was made up of Le 300 Formation.

But user, we have to be shown exactly how it happened otherwise we'll have to scream "bad writing" and "what a bunch of hacks."

We must be spoonfed everything.

>calls me a shill
>while literally shilling
If it's not based in history, it's not historical, or do you literally not understand that sentiment?

>We must be spoonfed everything.
MORE?

probably a lot less glamorous

but they hadn't eaten for 7 days

That was really satisfactory. Fuck those religious nuts.

Yeah, and fuck like half of the nobility of King's Landing.

>medieval peasants mitia
Pls stop repating this dumb myth

>If it's not based in history, it's not historical,
>hurrr Tolkien is shit, durr look how realistic our sjw-shitfest
>user: nope, show full of american unhistorical shit
>REEEEEEE! it's not based in history, it's not historical,

>posting city professional infantry from late medival
Burger, please.
Also, I didn't see swordsman with anime-looking pavise in the first line.

The season was a big step up from S5 and parts of S4. Bastardbowl was a highlight though.

After both teams said nock, I said "who's there!?" My friends thought it was funny.

I mean, if I had friends, they would think it was funny.

Of the three battles that weren't against ice zombies, what were the best sequences in each?

For Blackwater I'd say when the Hound leads the first counter attack

For Castle Black the long wide shot that shows everything

For Bastard Bowl easily the carnage scene with shit happening all over the place.

>professional soldiers wearing 16th-century armor in pike square
>same thing as medieval soldiers forming a phalanx

Why didn't Ramsay just use that giant cavalry unit be used to blow out Stan the Man?

He killed it with arrows, did you watch the episode?

>dude
>charge our cavalry first
>then shoot them
>even though we're the defending army and have a large amount of pikemen capable of easily holding against their charge
>and instead of using our archers to shoot their isolated leader
>I'm also warden of the north but have never heard of using sentries, so dude allow that huge force of knights to ambush us
>oh and all our archers can be dismissed

Couldn't have been more retarded if they tried.

>Banners
>No banners

What's going on here?

Absolutely nothing about this battle was realistic.

The crush was like 70% realistic actually, ignoring the fact that the tactical maneuver that caused it should never have been allowed to happen in the first place if there were competent commanders.
The only really unrealistic part was that Jon was actually able to escape being trampled.

>

this. if anyone things widlings would win against a professional army in open battle please review all the Roman battles in comparison (Romans won, barbarians lost in 9/10 encounters).

also the kino spearmen trapping the wildings in a cul de sac of dead bodies was completely unrealistic. only normies like it because they don't remember Braveheart.

you're an idiot. the whole thing was unrealistic.

>armies running at each other
>crash together
>battlefield then becomes so open you can see horsemen running from complete different directions from which they came

pottery

Jon probably told her when they strung him up

Yeah, but I don't think the Romans generally killed off their own cavalry with archers for shits and gigs.

That was the only thing, besides the archers charging in, that got me. Surely if you're cavalry in their world you are a better soldier than a foot slogger and possibly noble- there's no way he would be able to command an army with tactics like that- theyd refuse to fight en masse

Were you not paying attention before? The show acknowledged Jon's intense plot armor through Smellisandre, and explains that he must be chosen by the Lord of Light. The whole battle was a reflection of this, a mirror image of Jon throughout the show played fast-forward, avoiding death by a hair ever other second by some miracle.

As much as GOT is about the harsh reality of life, death, and politics, it was pretty cool to see the show acknowledge his plot armor then kick it up ten notches right away.

hello red dit

you monkey, Ramsay had numerical superiority by several magnitudes. he needed his cavalry to hold the enemy army in place while he showered them with arrows; a classic hammer and anvil. it didn't matter if they all died because he would still win the battle and then he couldn't be challenged again by the Starks

He didn't. The fleet scene takes place weeks/months after, with the Martell and Tyrell fleets being in the same scene.

It's just poorly conveyed.

You hold the enemy in place with infantry, you dumbass. cavalry is the hammer in hammer and anvil. stop making excuses for shit lazy writing

Huh, really makes you think.

I didn't want Ramsay to go down like that. He should have had some contingency plan if they would have to fall back to Winterfell. It stunk of "we need to wrap the episode up fast"

Have you ever seen one of those LARP battles? It probably would look a lot closer to that. No music, no fanfare. Just two sides closing in slowly. And then most likely keep the ranks together. The cool Saving private ryan shot where there's chaos and Jon Snow is just finding enemies coming from all directions, that most likely only happened once the ranks had fallen apart, at which point the battle would almost be over and people would start running away.

I imagine if you were there just watching, it would probably more likely feel very absurd. No gritty filter in real life either, everything would be light and shiny and colorful. And then mixed into that you have this hyper violence.