How do I tell my friend that Rush is the trashest band of all time?

How do I tell my friend that Rush is the trashest band of all time?

God I fucking hate Rush.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnXRwmcKnes
youtube.com/watch?v=1eSlvoO3Vw8
youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU
youtube.com/watch?v=KkQydoiDY28
youtube.com/watch?v=FZcGc-nbLco
youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is this being posted everywhere? It's not even good.

pleb

That's a funny way to spell KISS.

This. Fuck you OP

Fuck off OP
Rush is one of the greatest bands ever. And I know music.

Fuck you

Listening to Rush is like listening to the soundtrack to a LARPing convention

Even if you do not like their music, you have to respect each member's proficiency at their own instrument. They get exaggerated, but it's for good reason because they are all pretty damn good musicians.

how many Larpers go on a drug tour of the world?
youtube.com/watch?v=qnXRwmcKnes

You don't because Rush is awesome, pleb

Nice bait OP

How does it feel having shit taste?

youtube.com/watch?v=1eSlvoO3Vw8

Crowds are so more pleasant to look at in concerts without a literal sea of phone screens recording it.

>And I know music

>tfw to intelligent to listen to Rush

Whoever made this is a butthurt contrarian who got too many swirlies for being a gensisfag.

>implying Rush didn't have one of the greatest drummers of all time
>being this pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU

Rush are the singles band of prog, it's amazing how shitty their complete albums are.

Weird how Rush is the only accurate placement on this entire meme

"Look ma, I can drum to jazz songs and play a xylophone!"

t. yesfag

You could do that? Why arent you as famous as Neil Peart then you dumb nig?

Most of these bands suck. ELP, Pink Floyd, and Rush are the only great bands.

People that think Neal Pearl is anything else but a virtuoso with no taste are usually uneducated or dumb, in my experience.

SLAPPA DA BASS MON

SLAPPA

DA

BAYASS

You are:
>A functional stoner
>Probably an engineering student, perhaps accounting
>Unsuccessful with women
>Lead an uninteresting life

Neil Peart is literally just a fanboy imitating Keith Moon, Michael Giles, and Bill Bruford and somehow failing to be as good as any of them yet getting far more acclaim.
Basically the only thing he's remotely notable for is his whole "le quirky Objectivist Randian who writes le ebin lyrics! xD" shtick. And let me tell you, that shtick gets old real fast, and you're just left with a mediocre poor-hating drummer and even more mediocre lyricist.

You are projecting friendo. Also nothing scares pussy away as fast as Yes or Genesis.

t. pleb with shit taste who can't accept that Supper's Ready blows literally every other prog composition out of the water, even Starless and especially anything by fucking Rush
t. almost exclusively browses /r/Music
t. insecure manlet, probably browses /fit/

>Keith Moon, Michael Giles, and Bill Bruford
How can one person have such a shit taste?

Peart explicitly mentions those three as his influences.
Also, fuck off, those are all excellent drummers with mountains more talent than Neil fucking Peart. John fucking Bonham has better drumming talent than Neil.

Calm down buddy, did peart kill your parents or something?

lol ok

Yes or Genesis will at least have a retro/weird appeal. Also, I would bet money on that people who listen to any of those bands get, in average, laid more often tan people who listen to Rush. I mean, their fanbase it's basically just shy guys.

I listen to rush. I fuck women like so much you know?

If Peart had his way, 3 million parents would be dead.

opinion discarded

it's ok if Rush isn't your cup of tea but to say they are "trash" is objectively wrong

>Objectivism
Go to bed, Neil Peart.

youtube.com/watch?v=KkQydoiDY28

don't worry Rush are all old guys they'll be dead soon ok then you can stop being so butthurt

Holy shit you're all missing the ball here on why Rush isn't liked.

It's just masturbation, pure and simple. Rush is masturbation.

Neal Peart, Geddy Lee, and the other guy are all very good musicians, no one can argue that. But are they truly GREAT? Or do they just vicariously masturbate on a stage in front of dozens of people by playing their instruments in the most exaggerated and, by consequence, soulless fashion?

You can play a song with the same few cycling notes with one instrument and minimal production and it'll still have more heart, feeling, and force than any of Rush's 30 minute long circle-jerks.

Rush is good when you're wanting to here 3 old and tired canadian libertarians jerk it to Ayn Rand and Wheel of Time books, but if you want to hear emotion, or feeling, or anything a robot can't do, stop listening to Rush, and feel the heartbeat of the universe.

You fucking virgins.

prog has never been about "emotion". It has always been about instrumentation. Rush has good instrumentation. Therefore, Rush is a good prog band. End of rine.

>King Crimson
>No emotion

Spiritual awakening is an emotion ya ding

If you find King Crimson spiritually awakening, you have a lot of reading to do.

I fucking hate how people try to pull out the "hurr durr all prog is le masturbatory nonsense with meaningless lyrics, it is only about le instrumentation" shit. It only proves that they've never even listened to prog. You're going to tell me that King Crimson, Genesis, Pink Floyd (if you want to consider them prog), and Jethro Tull are emotionless drivel?
Save those stereotypes for ELP, Yes, and Rush, who actually warrant those distinctions.

>You're going to tell me that King Crimson, Genesis, Pink Floyd (if you want to consider them prog), and Jethro Tull are emotionless drivel?
Yes, now leave.

Holy shit you cock you're on my side,
I love King Crimson and Genesis, I feel like it's not masturbatory at all.

It's only Rush that I feel doesn't have that element.

I know, I'm just joining on the bandwagon of shitting on the poseur consumerist.

>t. has literally never listened to any of the listed artists

If you honestly think the aforementioned bands are "emotional" in any positive sense, you need to lurk more and listen to something other than shitty prog bands, and also hop off Phil Collins' dick.

>Phil Collins
Next time, don't make your bait so obvious.

shut your fuck up

Switch Asia with Rush and this is perfect.

Actually put Pink Floyd as lowest and Asia just above. Fuck Pink Floyd. Adult contemporary jazz hardly qualifies as prog.

>people here claiming prog has no emotion
WHY DON'T YOU TOUCH ME

This pic smells virginity

>says the Rush fan
Objectivism is literally THE sex-proof ideology.

They used to look like they ran LARPing conventions; coincidence???

>Save those stereotypes for ELP, Yes, and Rush, who actually warrant those distinctions
>yes
nigga what
youtube.com/watch?v=FZcGc-nbLco
>ELP
nigga what
youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU

A Farewell To Kings [Mercury, 1977]

The most obnoxious band currently making a killing on the zonked teen circuit, not to be confused with Mahogany Rush who at least spare us the reactionary gentility. Imagine a power trio Kansas or Uriah Heep with the vocals cranked up an octave. Or two. D+

Rush is literally the greatest band of all time.

The first six images don't make any sense as a progression.

Hilarious how people think they are libertarian or ayn rand fanboys. They all grew up in Canada, they are as liberal as you can possibly be. Reminder that you're a dumbass if you think the lyrics of one song out of a 50 year career somehow reflects the actual political views of the musicians