After not talking for like 15 years with my father (he is 55), I had a dinner with him for father's day

After not talking for like 15 years with my father (he is 55), I had a dinner with him for father's day.

He was never into capeshit, comics, cartoons or superheroes and to my surprise he told me he watched every fucking superhero movie made in the last 20 years. All of them.

He told me his favs were

>Batman
>Batman Returns
>Spider-man 1 and 2 (raimi)
>X-men movies
>Captain America trilogy
>TDK

Rate my father

Did he touch you inappropriately?

why didnt you talk to him for 15 years?

Did he say why he liked the Xmen movies?
Internet consensus is turning heavily on them recently. They haven't aged well it seems.

I rate your dad 7/10.

Im not too much into family stuff.

No, he also didnt tell me which he liked. He just said x-men.

Weird my dad is the same. 58, never liked comics or the movies but now he loves all the comic book movies and we finally have a common interest.

Are comic book movies dad core now?

You're lucky that you could reconnect with your dad to be honest. My dad is in his 60's and has dementia and doesn't know who I am, despite me visiting several times a week.

>Im not too much into family stuff.
that's not good enough. spill the beans, friendo.

This is weird, my dad identified with the hulk when we watched avengers 2. I absolutely hated the movie and it was a real eye-opener for me to how cancerous capeshit is. Just a plethora of non-stop quips and fan-pandering. Feel a little bad because my father genuinely enjoyed it but i just complained about it at the end.

capeshit is about the only form of action movie left these days

sure there's the occasional "war" movie like 13 hours, american sniper, lone survivor - and a bond or bourne every once in awhile

but if you like action movies - lived during the golden age of them (eastwood, arnie, sly, jcvd, chuck, bruce, mel) all you have left now is capeshit

>it sucks

JESUS CHRIST

piss off sleuth

okay, now i get it. thanks, friendo.

he should've kept his mind active, probably a dumb labourer who never read a book because he never went to high-school. not trying to be mean but it's probably true and if i'm wrong tell me how and make me feel bad.

>no TDKR

pleb alert

Not him but its true as fuck.

There's a reason why most old people with prestigious or intellectual careers like Directing, anything with music, uni profs, etc are still very smart and normal even with great age, its because their minds are always active and stimulated, whereas working class old people's brains have atrophied and have become dumb as rocks.

My dad is a labourer who's turning 60 next year and I keep telling him to read and do sudoku puzzles and shit so he doesn't end up mindless. It's scary bros.

Nah he purposely did it by huffing paint and injecting paint thinner into his viens. He wanted to become brain dead because he felt that the world needed to take care of him while he was absolutely unable to do it for himself.

So I guess you don't need to feel bad.

OP here, this might be true, his favorite regular action movies are Robocop 1 and Conan. There are not many true good action movies these days.

Not really any particular issue. Im just apathetic.

i don't think i have the capacity to feel bad anymore. last week an old lady tripped over in a car park and face planted. i just got up off the bench and walked away. i laughed out loud when it happened, i don't feel sorry but it was a reflective moment.

What the fuck is a car park?

Where's BvS?

Parking lot

This is largely accurate. He was a laborer and never did anything other than work and lay in bed and watch TV. He eventually got rid of all his friends and was a bully and a tyrant in my youth, and more or less didn't have any desire to be a good dad. By the time he admitted it, it was too late and he was already struggling with memory.

oh you must be american, it's a "broom broom leave and lock"

You're an awful son and I hope you get cancer.