Why is Sup Forums so slow now?

It seems like within the last few months mu has slowed down a ton. Threads go unanswered, and most of them that are answered have 4 replies before they die. Even collage and rec threads die out within half an hour because they only get 4 posts. Do you guys just post once and then walk away from the computer for hours? Are we just bored because it's too early in the year for AOTY threads? Or is Sup Forums simply dying?

because it's dying

I knew it.

Replied

Between out of control waifu spamming, Sup Forums shitposting, trolling and baiting and generally shit content, people are just leaving this sinking ship

Because there isn't anything worth coming here for.
Sup Forums is nothing but shitposting and arguing.

Sad since the rec threads are actually really great still

so where the hell does everyone go? REDDIT? pls no.

They're shit too, most of the time its just people reccing the same old shit posted here every single day

Because all the good posters moved to eightchan already.
This board is plagued with teenagers that post meme threads deathgrips love hiphop degenerates and waifu threads
old Sup Forums wasn't like this poor level of shitpost quality everyone left.

>so where the hell does everyone go?
Outside, work, school and other boards.

I just went there, it looks exactly the same as here

>outside
I don't believe you

>other boards
this is what i'm asking

>old Sup Forums
You mean 2014?

Fuck outta here.

>front page
bandcamp thread
soundcloud thread
meta thread with Lennon feet meme
general sticky
Sup Forums makes an album thread
tell me this song video
metathread complaining about here (like this one!)
Free improv thread
Prog rock thread
Rock thread
Punk rock thread
Portable media player thread

>wow, its fucking nothing.jpg

Musikchan but thats same as , just less posters

Lol my Julia Holter thread got about 70 replies and lasted 7 hours, but half of it was talking about how hot Julia is.

on the one hand that is pathetic. on the other.. she is pretty smokin hot.

we just need to have both!

>slow as fuck
>Sup Forums 2.0
No thanks.

Yeah it's definitely gotten a lot worse.
That's what happens when you let other boards into your collective and they bring their own "unique" style of shitposting.
Even Sup Forums circa 2011 when everyone was dick-riding Death Grips wasn't as bad.

>4+Sup Forums
lol
that site is dead as shit, even more dead than Sup Forums

try r/music, it's pretty fast.

honestly you know it's pretty bad when the generals start dying...the only ones that last anymore are guitargen and kpop, but who the hell wants to post there

>
i forgot about bleep

Well that's 90% pure shitposting now

>guaranteed replies music threads
(Waifushit, bait and charts/tipsters excluded)

1. Memerap - any of it
2. Dadrock - esp Beatles and Beach Boys
3. Sup Forumscore - as ever
4. Latest FotM p4k/fantano high scorers

Pleb as fuck

>Do you guys just post once and then walk away from the computer for hours
yes

this all applies only if it has a baitey enough title.

i knew it. you fucking assholes

This is the first time I've posted on Sup Forums since the end of 2016.

There is nothing interesting on this board. It used to be a wonderful way to find music from groups I'd never heard of. It's just gone downhill because of the elitist attitudes on here. Same posts every day. Same groups and artists talked about over and over.

>It's just gone downhill because of the elitist attitudes on here.
You have that backwards.

so why not post some new ones then?

Sup Forums was one of the first boards I visited regularly but I hadn't gone on it in forever until I started browsing a bit from like a week ago. Place is deader than Brendan Fraser's career. Waifu posting really isn't funny when waifus exist.

You mean it was good for the first 6 months because you were a pleb and now you've DL'd all the essentials you just bitch but in reality, you're no better than a pleb still, you just swapped your old albums for Sup Forumscore and are just a leech offering nothing new

I used to post all the time and contributed. Retards like you are why I haven't even visited this board in ages.

different user, but you're saying that someone calling you out and having a discussion is the reason you haven't come back.

then you went for an ad-hominem and called him a retard.

and we're the ones who are elitist.

>I used to circlejerk over Sup Forumscore until I realised I don't actually care for music

Not contribution, that's adding to the problem

16 year old fuckboys who worship radiohead and sit like oasis. We can't have any discussion outside of chart and rec about music other than Sup Forumscore or whatever melon or p4k just reviewed

Sup Forums is dead because everybody shit all over flumes new music in /prod/ and now he shitposts endlessly for revenge

Literally who?

i thought it was dead because i have to spend more time selecting fucking street signs than i do finding music

the death of What.cd has definitely had an effect

flume is lowest common denominator trash edm fags need to be gassed

I think she's cute but smokin hot?

i mean not as hot as ur mom

I think the mods should be sent to a gulag, and then after the revolution we gather every person who has ever posted in the kpop threads or mad a a k pop thread and take them to a dimly lit room with one light bulb then shoot them in the back of the heads.
From now on MU will follow the juche idea and no longer be under the tyranny of the capitalist pig dog pop music

Mu died in 2009 when p4k decided poptamism and niggers were the only thing in music

The fucking mods play as much of a part in this crap as the teenage Sup Forums fucks, they let this place die.

Fuck the mods you dumb fuck idiots need to do your fucking job and not let a bunch of teen idiots post endless bait threads and downright fucking stupid levels of Sup Forums rasicm everywhere.

Fuck you mods!!! Fuck you!!!

>Music loses artistic value when it becomes popular.

Rly makes u think