Is a ring supposed to fit on your finger that loosely?

Is a ring supposed to fit on your finger that loosely?

The Ring is an evil eldritch artifact and has a will of its own. It expands and shrinks to fit its wearer, you can see it do this right before your eyes in the first scene.

Inb4 >/thread

/thread
nice trips

That's nothing. I got 4444 earlier tonight

>I got 4444 earlier tonight
holy fuck. thats cool man, congratz

why didn't salmon make it stay big so it only fit him?

How would he ever get it back or know where it is then?

Why couldn't they just seal the ring into concrete and throw it in the deepest ocean?

>uruk-hai diving expeditions

The fel beasts of the seas would surely bring the dark lord back what is his.....

wow this is going to look great in the 3D re-release

That wouldn'y have solved anything, as Sauron would still be alive and with an army strong enough to rape the middle earth. Sooner or later he'd tire of searching for the ring.

Sauron is literally the king of Autism. He'd make submarines to find that son of a bitch. Ulmo wouldn't give a fuck either because it'd be another drop in his immense oceans.

>"Something has crept or been driven out of the dark water under the mountains. There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the world."

In Tolkien the deep ocean is a horrifying place. The Vala solution to Morgoth and Sauron's abominations was usually drown it and bury it deep beneath the waves. While that killed the orcs and lesser creatures it didn't kill all of them. Lurking down there are monsters born of unfathomable wickedness.

If you threw your ring brick out into the ocean from shore it wouldn't get very far and would probably surface after a couple years. Also If you took a boat out and sank it into the depths of the ocean You might get it lost for an age or two, but eventually Sauron would get it back.

>He still didn't figure out that they wanted to melt the ring not because they were afraid it would get in Sauron's hands but because it was the only way to fuck him for good
Moron.

he is also a shapeshifter

Why didn't they just send the ring through Australia Post?

Why didn't they dig a giant trench ten thousand miles wide and fill it with bombs and place the ring in the direct centre so whoever tried to get the ring would get BTFO?

>have tons of suicide bomber goblins
>this is suddenly a problem that can't be traversed

Because sauron was going to win the war with or without the ring. Destroying the ring was the only chance they had of winning.

I just did a rewatch. It's so fucking good.

Watching it with my 9 year old boy. He's bored stiff. What a fucking pleb.