I'm scured Sup Forums i have gallstones and the doc says my gallbladder needs to be removed

I'm scured Sup Forums i have gallstones and the doc says my gallbladder needs to be removed.
The pain is excruciating and becoming daily, sometimes i have these attacks after i eat, the surgeon said that women say that a gallbladder attack is more painful than child birth.

i've never had surgery before and i'm terrified i'm going to die on the operating table ...
anybody had this surgery before? any user have tips/advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

riskcalculator.facs.org/RiskCalculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Going to skip the trolling and just let you know,
The mortality rate of gallbladder removal is 0.7%-2% including children, elderly, and sickly. To put that into perspective, the flu has a 10% mortality rate overall.

Real doctorfag here.

This is one of the easiest and safest surgeries. If you in the US your 99% safe, 100% if you check your surgeon's outcomes.

However, it may not need to be removed. Check with an expert first.

That doesn't even mean you have a 2% chance of dying, if it did that would mean you'd have a 1 in 10 chance of dying every time you have the flu, which is false. If you're below 50 and in relatively good health, you'll be fine.

well that's good to hear i guess...but i've always been as unlucky as shit my whole life

My two local hospitals have never had a patient die as result of a gullbladder removal. Both have been in service for over 70 years.

i have heard about medications that can dissolve the stones over years, but the surgeon i spoke to just kind of shook his head and said' not really' when i asked about it.

Drink a 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar every day twice a day for at least a month. That shit annihilates gall stones.

If you don't already do so, keep Famotidine (Pepcid AC) on hand. It can lessen and even end gall attacks depending on the catalyst.

I had it two years ago. I was in so much fucking pain that if I had died it would have meant no more pain. You will eventually reach this point.

It's a super quick, super easy surgery. You will pee from your butt for at least a year afterwards, especially if you eat anything greasy or spicy.

You may also have phantom pain. I recommend 3 things:
1. Heat
2. Ibuprofen
3. Pure apple juice (like Martinelli's)

Unless you have something going on with your pancreas and your surgeon is not a retard, you will be fine.

I can answer any other questions you have.

Surgeons always say that. I had a sergeon cut off one of my patient's legs to stop bleeding then walk away like ti was a success. She was 23. Get a GI doc's option. It may need surgery, but a surgeon should not decide.

Ive had open heart surgery twice

Man up pussy

You wont die m8. You would die if you didn't get the surgery. You'll be fine.

you have a weak heart puss i could kill you by jumping out from around a corner and yelling BOO

Hospital will tell you what to do. If you're a wreck they can give you laughing gas, but really, it's just a needle in your arm and 100, 99, 98, 97, boom. Check your risk of dying with this: riskcalculator.facs.org/RiskCalculator/
Your cpt code for the procedure is probably 47562. You will be fine, pussy, gl

just got mine out 5 days ago actually. it feels better to get it out. it's really hard to get out of bed from the pain for the first two days (it's best to sleep in a recliner) but i was fucking terrified, my first surgery as well. like the guy above me said, you may die from the surgery but it will explode if you don't get it done and for sure die.

Stop drinking soda. Also cut down on meat.

>The pain is excruciating and becoming daily
I remember those... they suck ass. I was up puking for 17 hours straight from one.

>the surgeon said that women say that a gallbladder attack is more painful than child birth.
I heard the same. The nausea was by far the worst part for me. It felt like my guts were trying to leave my body through a meat grinder.

>anybody had this surgery before?
Yep. Laparoscopic. It was easy as fuck. The worst part is what you're going through now.. for me, it took 9 months to get a goddamn diagnosis because I am young, fit, I eat well, I am male, and there was no reason to believe it was gallbladder issues other than my gallbladder wanted me to fucking die a painful death.

>any user have tips/advice?
Schedule it, get it done ASAP. Your life will be infinitely better. There will be pain, but nothing near as bad as what's happening now. It'll feel a bit like someone stabbed you in a few places (because that's basically what they do). You'll be back home the same day.

Past that, eat small meals and snacks throughout the day. Your gallbladder is what stores your digestive acid. Without that, it goes right to the stomach, then right to your intestines (i.e. you'll get the runs). That part sucks, so just don't forget to eat. And don'e eat too much greasy food. And get on a daily antacid, it helps a lot. Good luck, user.

my mom had it removed. recovered pretty well, is ok a few years later, shes 62. was in a situation were it was infected and needed to be taken out immediately.

It's not trauma surgery fuccboi, they're making very precise wounds and repairing them just as precisely, you are almost certainly not going to die and the recovery probably won't hurt more than what you're going through on the daily right now. (I don't actually know at all, but I'm sure recovering from surgery isn't as bad as childbirth)

i got a pacemaker when i was 19, and a new one 8 years later.

its really not a big deal. surgeons avoid fucking up because they dont want to get sued

some scientist removed his appendix by himself. he operated on himself on the south pole and survived.

gallbladder surgery is less dangerous than having your appendix removed.

plus you get good drugs

only way youll eveen know it happened would be the small scar it leaves behind. otherwise you'd never know

>cut down on meat.
What am I, a fucking rabbit?

I had this surgery when I turned 20. Trust me, you'll be so thankful to just have that bastard removed. Just don't walk straight up right away, your belly will hurt for days if not a week, making you hunch over to walk to the restroom. Feels a lot better than having what felt like a hot pipe piercing my spine and throwing up green liquid after eating anything. You also got the drugs to look forward to. Oh Jesus.... the fucking drugs they give you lol.

I could not keep a god damn crumb in my stomach without throwing up, not even water. So I believe I would have probably died without the surgery. The pain wouldn't let me fucking sleep.

I had kidney stone surgery(lithotripsy) in June. It's going to suck intensely and then it's just going to stop. Completely, all of it. I haven't had pain in months after years(I only recently got insurance). Pay for a good doc, take your time recovering. I tried to go back to work before I was ready and it was fucking stupid. It's going to be expensive, but it's going to really be worth it. Every penny, I mean that. You'll be alright, bro. Hang in there, you diamond faggot.

ty Sup Forums i'm starting to feel better
if i die i'll haunt Sup Forums forever

You're not going to die. One more thing, if they put in a stent for any reason? The removal process isn't fun, but it's a whole lot better to have a metal hose stuck up your dick hole than the feeling of your body trying to reject it for weeks on end. It's gonna suck bad, but my life has changed after I got through my shit. I dropped 30 pounds in half a year because of how much fucking better I feel.

When the doctor first told me they would have to do surgery I shit bricks too. I was only 20 and I never even broke a bone so you know. Lol. But looking back on it now I feel silly. Really silly. One minute your watching the doctor, and then suddenly you are back in your room high on morphine and with a cup of ice chips in front of a TV. The most it did was give me a good story in my boring life. You'll be fine.

Make sure all the doctors and nurses are not niggers, spics or street shitters and you should be OK for surgery.

you'd be lucky to even stub your toe inside hospital. actually its almost guaranteed it wont happen because theyll keep you in a wheelchair

gallbaldder is so fucking routine you'll be recovering from being put under longer than the surgery itself

Had Laparoscopic done.

It's a breeze.

When I went in to the hospital, the only thing that helped was morphine. Had the surgery done the next day.

I stopped taking the pain pills the second day after surgery. I was pretty sore, and shuffling slowly around, but nothing so bad that it was worth feeling doped up.

Went back to work four days after the surgery. as I was bored outta my mind. I was still sore but that was a useful feedback mechanism to slow down if I tried to do something that hurt. That was an ideal office job with little physical activity, not something everyone is lucky enough to have.

Totally back to normal, no pain, after a week.

Your stool will be softer than normal, as in soft. Not the runs. You probably won't care.

10 out of 10 for medical procedures. Wish they were all like this.

i had my gall bladder removed , didn't notice anything.

don't worry about it.

really you didn't notice like did they sneak up on you an remove your bladder and then noticed it missing later and was all like 'hay wait a minute'...

Doctor here.

Very safe operation with little risk of bad outcomes. Relieve from biliary colic is pretty instant once you wake. You'll wonder why you waited so long to get the surgery done.

its just about that quick. setting you up for surgery takes longer than the actual surgery and sewing up itself

A study in Spain declares that 20-25% of total surgical practice represents unnecessary operations.

Ok.

Bullshit.

The surgery is quick and easy. You might feel somepain for a day or so, but it'll pass.
The inly thing to watch out for is when they do laproscopic surgery, they pump your abdomen with nitrogen so they can get in there and see and work. They're able to drain most of it away, but sometimes there's a little pressure left over from it. It will hurt up in your shoulders, but it will pass.

It's a very safe surgery and gal stoned are fucking horse shit. Go get it done.

Bile acid salts with every meal. Amazon. You're welcome.

Don't fuck around with this. My wife was in the hospital for most of a year and coded twice. She almost died. Was in the icu for months with a dangerously high fever and had to be put in a coma. Get it done. All youll deal with afterwards is a little ibs.