James Cameron: Force Awakens lacked 'imagination' of Star Wars prequels

theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/29/star-wars-force-awakens-james-cameron-lacks-visual-innovation?CMP=fb_gu

>James Cameron has said that JJ Abrams’s reboot lacked the “innovative visual imagination” of the original films. Asked for his opinion, the director, a close friend of Star Wars creator George Lucas, echoed the thoughts of many who felt that Abrams had not added anything new to the franchise.

>“I don’t want to say too much about the film cos I also have a lot of respect for JJ Abrams, and I want to see where they’re taking it next, to see what they’re doing with it,” he said.

>“I have to say that I felt that George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters. So for me the jury’s out, I wanna see where they go with it.”

Yes, yes, well done, J.J., well done, J.J.

HOWEVER
O
W
E
V
E
R

APOLOGIZE, Sup Forums!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=433owxh1PiE
theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/29/star-wars-force-awakens-james-cameron-lacks-visual-innovation?CMP=fb_gu
youtu.be/fJKtPJk3b2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>lacked the “innovative visual imagination"

How about the story?
It's the same fucking thing

Based fucking J-god

doubters BTFO

And yet TFA > Avatar

i recant

i now accept cameron as my god

criticism from James Cameron is definitely a HOWEVER that will burst your bubble

He is right, even though the prequels had terrible scripts, they were still atleast memorable.

Episode 1 for example had awesome visuals for the time, god-tier soundtrack and really cool scenes like pod racing and the Darth Maul fight.

Force awakens on the other hand is just incredibly dry and generic

Will this make people realize the unrecognized splendor of the prequels?

is HOWEVER the new JUST?

They still had some of the most awful dialogues

and Anakin/Padme romance makes Twilight look almost as a movie..

>George’s group of six films
>SIX FILMS
Yeah he's definitely defending prequels specifically.

I wish James would make more mysterious comfy Sci-fi like The Abyss.

Not sure I care to hear the opinions of the man who endorsed Terminator Genisys.

This.

Please, James, tell me again how great Terminator Genesys is.

I wonder who thought that casting plump and soft Emilia Clarke as a badass terminator fighter Sarah Connor was a good idea..

I already said this back when it came out.

TFA played it incredibly safe, stuck with the formula of the first movie so hard it nearly ended up being the same thing, and gave audiences exactly what they wanted after the prequels. Star Wars IV again. They didn't want a new story they didn't want it to take chances.

It did nothing innovative and was entirely stuck in the past because people wanted the past.

>This is what redditors actually believe

Avatar was a dumb movie, but a fun movie. That mechs vs ayys final battle was hype as fuck.

I told you fuckfaces week after release it was the most soulless unimaginative movie of the decade. Yet you fuckers kept sucking Disney shills cocks. Retard Sup Forums.

Wow, you must be so smart.

Killa Cam can only think in terms of visuals and technology. Things like story are an afterthought.

(You) have autism.

Smarter than shit eaters like you atleast. Which unfortunately doesn't say much though.

That's funny. Doesn't really apply to reality once we look at the movie's female protag (Lucas never imagined that), the innovative traitor Finn subplot, or the fact that Abrams was being TONGUE IN CHEEK about the 'war' plot.. but it's a cute idea to talk about.

No, you have autism!

C- bait

youtube.com/watch?v=433owxh1PiE

>base james at it again

That song is pretty catchy.

Tell that to Kanjiklub, you glib facsimile.

What happened to IMPLYING?

I came to post this. Can't take anything he says seriously after that.

>theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/29/star-wars-force-awakens-james-cameron-lacks-visual-innovation?CMP=fb_gu

>“I don’t want to say too much about the film cos I also have a lot of respect for JJ Abrams, and I want to see where they’re taking it next, to see what they’re doing with it,” he said.

>cos I also have a lot of respect for JJ Abrams

>cos

youtu.be/fJKtPJk3b2M

Takes one to know one! >:(

>people only accept it if a celebrity says it

He's right.