Why the hate?

To everyone on this board who hates on this album, I'm going to prove once and for all why you're fucking retarded.

People say it's overproduced, which is generally associated with the notion that the music is manufactured or made for the mainstream. And while this is definitely designed to be a mainstream record, it's not "overproduced" as much as it's just very well produced. The music is supposed to be theatrical and massive in scope, and the production only helps strengthen that atmosphere. When did rock fans get to the point that they reject great music just because it has a large budget? The substance is obviously still there, the songwriting is phenomenal, so what the fuck is the problem?

People say it's "edgy" because SATAN. Satanism is a legitimate way of looking at the world, it's realizing that everything is built on chaos and that there could not possibly be a god behind the scenes orchestrating things, unless of course he's just a complete asshole. That's liberating for people for people who have been weighed down by the pressures of religion for their entire lives (speaking from experience here), and this band is preaching that message not to be edgy but to help people escape a confined worldview. And obviously to make money, but at the same time that offers a cool parellel. The show they put on as an anti-church mirrors the show that churches put on every sunday to make money and gain control. There's really almost no difference between the two.

Also
>great lyrics
>every song kicks ass
>fluid key changes
>orgasmic melodies

Seriously, the only reasons you could hate this album are either you don't like rock (no problem with that) or you're a pretentious insufferable hipster. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67dVpgUry7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=q_isRafsA9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ghost isn't for everybody. It takes a certain level of intelligence to really vibe to them.

>entry-level pussy metal muh devil

I havent seen anyone here that hates them, especially since melon made it the 3rd best album of the year.

Phil Anselmo likes this band. You're argument is invalid

I've seen at least 3-4 ghost hate threads on this board and every i do i want to break my computer

It's very hot topic

>Doesn't notice the obvious J-Cole fan parody.

>sabbath ripoff with hilariously cheesy synths and samey songs
Cirice is pretty good tho ngl

everything about their sound feels cartoony
also this

you're arugent is vinialid becauw eyou can ' enven spell yourer

metal is a meme genre that few are lucky enough to grow out of

I like this album, but YOU must be a shit human being

it's a good album, but Sup Forums is a bunch of contrarians who hate anything that's popular, and /meal/ is no exception.
that said, ghost also has some intensely faggoty, obnoxious twat fans which definitely doesn't help things.

-

I really have everything about the band. Most of all the fucking dumb aesthetic of being a fucking pope

It's not even metal, it's blue oyster cult with spoopy themes and corpse paint.

That said, it's not bad or anything.

Ghost is a band that I don't know how to feel about anymore. Rumor is that Tobias Forge (the evil pope dude vocalist) is basically firing the musicians of the band for no real good reason. One recently came out unmasked and said he chose to do so because of his firing and he co founded the entire project. This bugs me because the projects Tobias was affiliated with before are just garbage popish music that sound nothing like Ghost and he'd be hard pressed to find musicians out of the blue that could replace the ones he already had.

Ghost is a band that was comprised of mostly no names whose ability propelled the success of the band. Now it seems that it's going to be only comprised of an egocentric former indie pop singer that placated an audience with music they wanted to hear, not what he wanted to make. This is really shitty in my opinion because why bother with a project if you're just going to let people down in the long run with it.

whats wrong with that exactly
does hot topic even exist anymore, i thought urban outfitters was the new storechain boogeyman

youtube.com/watch?v=67dVpgUry7Q

>tfw Papa Emeritus had indie rock band
youtube.com/watch?v=q_isRafsA9g

>Satanism is a legitimate way of looking at the world

Wtf I hate ghost now

Ghost is the lamest band ever you manchild. They are like black veil brides for neckbeards. Your wall of text wont change that.

man fuck punk and hiphop for making theatricality "uncool" though, and your kind of self-conscious drone for following suit too

it's a great album, but you really don't have to be this autistic about it

I have a general dislike for masked bands other the residents and mentors

I didn't like them until I seen them live

Great show

Ghost is the Swedish equivalent of Nickelback. They're generally considered as faggy emo metal here, as only kids under 20 likes them.

>it's not even metal

Kek.
it's like you don't even know any thing about the history of metal.

Why are you lying?

>this is definitely designed to be a mainstream record
and it shows, there is nothing interesting going on during the entire album, it's like listening to a QotSA or Weezer album, boring as fuck.

few here in sweden likes them. that why they rather do shows offbroad, where they got a pretty big fanbase. theatrical metal doesn't fly here

inte riktigt sant

mer eller mindre. det är få som är över tjugo och gillar ghost då dom flesta jämnställer dom med Lordi. dom kommer aldrig bli mer än kitsch.

Precisely because Satanism is a serious thing is why ghost is hated, they're nothing but a bunch of POSERS. They are only mocking the concepts to earn money from brainwashed, easily impressionable teenagers.