So iv'e only listened to space oddity so far and i love it. Where do i go from here?

so iv'e only listened to space oddity so far and i love it. Where do i go from here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QgPUxjQOk-w
youtube.com/watch?v=oqv-NXxIU38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My coworker was talking about how she got a guitar and tried to learn "ground control to danger Tom" and was going on about how that song is so good (not even top 20 Bowie songs desu senpai). Then another co-worker chimed in and said
>"No the song is called ground control to major Tom"
And she was like "ooh that makes more sense! I love that song but it's so hard to play !". I said nothing because I didn't want to reveal my power level and lecture them about how wrong they are at everything (David Bowie gave me autism).

I did not even recommend anything lol. Check out Station to Station it's a good starting point. Then do the Berlin trilogy

Redpill me on Bowie

Chronological order.

OR

Go by this guide, pick your favorite from the list and try out that album

Metal/Hard Rock - The Man Who Sold the World
Orchestral/String heavy glam - Hunky Dory
Glam Rock - Ziggy Stardust
Glam w/ some jazz influences - Aladdin Sane
Glam Funk - Diamond Dogs
Soul - Young Americans
Funk - Station to Station
Ambient - Low
Alternative - Heroes
World - Lodger
New Wave - Scary Monsters
Pop - Let's Dance
Reggae - Tonight
Garbage - Never Let Me Down
Hip Hop/Electronic - Black Tie White Noise
Industrial - OUTSIDE
A mix of the last two - Buddha of Suburbia
Drum and Bass - Earthling
Soft Rock - 'hours...' and The Next Day
Art Rock - Heathen and Reality
Jazz - Blackstar

Fuck your political baiting.

What about young Americans for funk?

Station to station is honestly the worst starting point, better to start with the normie stuff like Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust, then go chronologically.

Station to station is in my top 3 bowie albums so i'm not trying to diss it.

It leans more towards Soul for me, personally, but both labels fit.

Some people don't like his sound from that era as much as his other stuff.

I guess Ziggy stardust is a good starting point because the song he lives in particular is space oddity though. Don't think chronological is the best approach with going through Bowie's discography.

Are there any other Bowie songs you like/have heard OP?

Start with Ziggy or let's Dance, they're the most accessible. Move onto some others like the man who sold the world and Heroes. When you feel you can appreciate it, go for scary monsters, then Low, then Station to Station. After you've listened to all the good (and the others maybe) of pre 2000s go for reality, the next day, and then Blackstar. Leave black star till last. It's not his best album, but context matters for it.

>Berlin trilogy

Why do people even bother with lodger? It's awful

You don't actually think this is bad do you?
youtu.be/QgPUxjQOk-w

>has Yassassin
>and Red Sails
>and African Night Flight
>Awful
I urge you to reconsider and give it another listen

Under pressure is his best song. My numale friends will back me up on this

I haven't listened in a while but it's at least the worst in the trilogy.

It's not his best song but it's on his best album; Let's Dance is not my favorite Bowie album but I am still able to recognize that it was his best.

So is it awful or is it just that you think Low and Heroes are better?

What are you on? It was his most commercially successful, but if you don't think low is superior you're emotionally inhibited.

>it's not his best song but it's on his best album
...Under Pressure wasn't on Let's Dance.

Taken completely out of context and he was on coke. The only thing I won't excuse him for is the rape

>Look it up on Wikipedia to check whether it was even in one of his albums
>First paragraph
>"following Bowie's death"

Fuck, I nearly forgot. Not this feel again.

>In 1995 Virgin Records re-released the album on CD with "Under Pressure" as a bonus track. EMI did the second re-release in 1999 (featuring 24-bit digitally remastered sound and no bonus tracks).

Yeah I am sure he chilling in purgatory waiting for your forgiveness kek

Replace the album cover for TMWSLW with the British version. It gives a far more accurate impression of the album.

>Bowie redpilled confirmed

What does repilled even mean? "tell me thinks I didn't already know"

No idea what that part in quote was, but redpilled is a reference to the question posed to new by Morpheus in The Matrix.

If someone is Red Pilled, they have chosen to take the red pill, and as such are supposedly enlightened to the true workings of the world. Boards such as pol use redpilled to mean someone believes everything they read on there as absolute truth.

I didn't make the image, bud.
I just fixed this weird spot it had.

Well, correct it and you'll be a better person for it, knowing you'll help other people

I get that it was from the fucking matrix. What I don't get is when people say "redpill me on X" instead of just asking a regular question like a non-autist.

why the fuck don't you just do it then?

Seriously take your stupid fuckin politics and fuck off, this board is to discuss music so do everyone a favor and get the fuck out

Better?

Now we're talking

I have not listened to Reality. What other Bowie album is it most similar to? What are the best songs on the album?

Really difficult to say, it's quite eclectic. Pablo Picasso is my favourite but I haven't listened to it enough desu.

>What other Bowie album is it most similar to?
It's a less artsy (and less good) Heathen. It's pretty good but definitely not my favorite.

>What are the best songs on that album?
This is pretty much the only song you NEED from it. It's absolutely beautiful.
youtube.com/watch?v=oqv-NXxIU38