Any of you fags done shrooms before?

Any of you fags done shrooms before?

I tried them for the first time this past weekend and fucking nothing happened with me while one friend was definitely feeling it and the other only slightly felt it.

My best guess is that it had to do with how much or what we ate. I had 2 bowls of beef curry and the friend that only slightly felt it had 1 right before the shroom. The friend that definitely felt it had eaten but it wasn't curry and it was anywhere from an hour to 4 hours before the shroom. Plus he might've actually eaten more because he's an asshole and always thinks he needs more because he's large.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on shrooms? I'm thinking of just growing my own with a syringe from micro supply and the BRF method and experimenting myself. Seems like a bit of a pain in the ass though

I've got a couple rules when I trip. No food 12 hours before the trip and don't do less than an 1/8th.

I ate shrooms several times a day for about 2 weeks back in the late 90's.

OP here

Interesting. I had heard that some food in the stomach helps reduce nausea.

Clearly I need to read more on it and not just listen to the people around me

i know far too many people who were prematurely turned off of shrooms because they did 1/8 their first time not knowing what to expect and had a really bad experience, and i think that was a big contributing factor in them becoming very cliquey and ignorant.

i really dont recommend doing more than half an eighth for your first real trip.. especially on an empty stomach and especially made into tea, half an eighth of good stuff will have your vision melting into aztec art and shit 100%

the food thing usually applies to all drugs, the trick is to eat a healthy meal so that you're neither hungry nor full when you take the drugs, and make sure you have a healthy meal after, i tend to feel really guilty if i eat like shit before doing drugs, and having a full stomach definitely makes it longer til you come up

Fatties do need more to trip. You should have had on an empty stomach?

tolerance builds instantly.

you're an idiot.

The less foods in your stomach the better. You want an empty stomach that can absorb as much of the psilocybin as possible.

Also, that pic isn't a psychoactive mushroom.

I was a bit nervous and I'm a puker so I went a bit overboard on the curry. Maybe I'll just make a small salad next time.

Try 2gs next time but grind up the shrooms in a grinder of some sort and sprinkle the dust and grindings into a shit glass filled with lemon juice. Put it in the fridge and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Take it out and down it. It'll hit ya hard

I used to do natural shrooma all the time. My buddy was a pipe line x-ray tech. He would always go out to these cow fields and get them when he did x-rays. The trick is not to eat them. Make tea out of them. We would make tea every time. I would have plenty of sleep and eat whatever food.I wanted. They were awesome. The world is your playground when done this way. Just make sure you're in a safe, consequence free environment.

> safe, consequence free environment

Good idea. There were cats around and I'm crazy allergic to them

So it's probably for the best that I didn't trip

I agree with this user

Autofuckup is the most annoying thing in the world

>If you're going to eat before hand avoid starches and heavy foods, go for fruits.

As for prep, (checked) is close; chop don't grind. Though my preferred method is a lemon tea.
>boil water
>chop shrooms
>place shrooms in shot glass
>fill glass with the boiling water
>add lemon juice
>wait 10-12 minutes
>drink it
>rinse glass with lemon juice
>drink again
>enjoy one or two 8oz glasses of orange juice while waiting to trip
>40-90 minutes later be tripping balls

Mushrooms are literally the best psychedelic IMO.

(You) #
*shrooms.

Why the fuck would it spell shrooma? That's not even a word.

pretty sure thats an american death cap shroom

Fml.

I didnt feel anything either my first time. But the 2nd and 3rd time i did it. It was amazing

What's with all the citrus?

Just wanted a mushroom pic for the thread and it was the first pic that came up that wasn't a retarded hippie impression

It hightens your sences and makes it easier for you to detect health problems. We had mold in the house and didnt know until we tripped on shrooms. Crazy right? Exhausting though. And you can get upset super easily. But people are dicks so just be around people you love. Ez pz. Between the three of us we ate an ounce and baked it into chocolate for stronger effects. Different environments = different trips. I hate takeoff and the comedown it makes me feel sick. Im supposed to do shrooms today but i declined because i think it messes up your brain or something. I dont want to fuck up my brain more than i have already

Citric acid turns the psilocybin into psilocin more efficiently than your body's digestive acids.

Psilocin is the active psychedelic, psilocybin is whats in the mushroom that gets metabolizes in the body.

its hits you harder by breaking it down for you

See, want that easier.

Interesting. Thanks!
I'll have to look into that.

I did take it with a big swig of lemonade, but all that curry probably fucked me.

Done shrooms 3 times.

Did a 16th with a few friends, we also smoked a bit of weed and drank a bit I could most definitely feel the shrooms. No notable hallucinations but I could very obviously tell how different everything was. I remember I went to piss then looked in the mirror and it was just ridiculous somehow. It was fun but not really a trip more of a buzz.

The next time I did an 8th, drank, and smoked. Minor visual and auditory hallucinations. We had candles lit around a table and I could see auras of differing color light around them. Music sounded incredible. It was a great time. I very introspective. I couldn't tolerate any kind of rudeness and felt guilty about harmless jokes and actions I had done in the past. I was pretty depressed and hopeless those days and while I was tripping I accepted my lot in life. It didn't make me happy or hopeful but I felt very content.

That's the strongest and most easily recognizable aspect imo. Lots of people always talk about the hallucinating but that seems to be more or less common depending on the individual. But even in minor doses almost everyone can experience some amount of self reflection and adjusted thought process.

3rd time I did them it was mostly the same as the 2nd time but the next 6 days I was sick as fuck. Non stop vomiting. Must have been some funky mold growing on those weenies. Never did them since but have very fond memories

Honestly bro, you kinda just gotta fight it. I know it sounds retarded but what said. (Fpbp). I do exactly the same.

Try to spend those 12 hours mentally "calming" yourself.

Quick bit:

Terence McKenna, the Californian scholar with developed a theory about psilocybin mushrooms and the development of human consciousness - that the psychedelic experience triggered sentience in foraging, omnivorous apes and led them, in the evolutionary wink of an eye, to put rockets on the moon.

Mr. McKenna contends that hallucinogenic fungi inspired our primate forbears to develop language, boot-strapping us up the evolutionary ladder to the brink of self-realization, and that this humble mushroom is now ready and waiting for us to complete our ontological correspondence course, if we would only tear ourselves away from smack, crack, coke, caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, sugar, cocoa, uppers, downers and all the other bad substances we are addicted to.

He believes that hallucinogenic-plant gnosis is the lost key to our intellectual, moral and spiritual development as a race; that all subsequent drug abuse is merely an attempt to satisfy our primeval urge for psychedelic union with nature ('an itch we cannot scratch'); and that cataclysmic change or certain extinction awaits us. His theory states : 'No perception without hallucination.'

So nobody just extracts the psilocybin via ethanol? Easiest way to go, just mix with a couple drops of juice or some shit.No nausea, faster come up, best way to consume it imo

I've always thought (since many a night on mushrooms staring at myself in the mirror) that humans evolved consciousness after looking at themselves in a reflecting pool while on psilocybin. Since the compound creates new neural pathways between different parts of the brain, it could've been the source of the 'a-ha' moment of self-realization; when we figured out that "I am".

...except dolphins by all accounts are self-aware, and have no interaction with (to our knowledge anyway) hallucinogenic compounds. His theory is elegant, but is just another "Humans are super unique and here's why..." theory. We are not the only intelligent creatures on this planet, we're just the most recent lucky ones.

I've taken mushrooms around 40 times, though not nearly as much in the last 5 years as I used to. Out of all of those, only about 4 or 5 were with other people. They are not a party drug, and their effectiveness in treatment (and mind expansion) is definitely hindered by the presence of a bunch of assholes just trying to party. Take them alone - be calm, be introspective. Don't take more than an 1/8 unless you've tripped hard before, and then don't take less once you have.

That all being said, I'm convinced that some people are just incapable of "unhinging" their minds. I've had friends who've taken similar amounts to me and "not experienced shit". Some people are so focused on the I NEED TO SEE FUCKIN DANCING ELEPHANTS, that they miss all the subtleties. Although I've had trips, like my last, with insane hallucinations.

Bump

Microdosing right now. Feels great

I'd call that more of a hypothesis than a theory. And it sounds like typical hippie bullshit.

So, what anti-depressants are you taking? Zoloft? Or are you one of those wellbutrin faggots?

He also believed in timewave zero and that december 21st 2011 was the end of the world or some major gamechanhing date.

He was a drugged up lunatic

Not taking any. Why do you ask?