Drugs and music

i had a bit of a meth binge two days ago and i've still got the blues about it - a combination of already-present depression and the chemically induced sadness from coming down has really got me digging his music more than usual.

something about about peep and his music resonates with me in a weird way, maybe because i'm his age and we have a similar background of a relatively normal childhood except for drugs early. especially right now, the haunting but matter-of-fact delivery of overtly depressed, drug-fueled, fucked up lyrics strike a chord with me. the combination of him baring his soul in the music and the standard flexing lyrics are an interesting combination. it comes off sort of tacky and unpolished, but that's part of what makes it resonate, i suppose. white wine is a good example, and is currently the song from him stuck in my head.

i know he's a bit of a meme here but there's something intriguing about a kid who has pretty much just covered himself in ink and given himself to the music and drugs. while i do like his shit in general, being in this state has really made me reflect on his music more.

for those who use/have used drugs, especially harder stuff, how has music impacted you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hSRFglBAN94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>meth binge
Why don't you just burn your life savings now and get it over with

>meth binge

meth is cheap as fuck, how did you not buy enough to just kill yourself you worthless piece of garbage

>price of drugs in my area is the same as the price of drugs everywhere
idiot

the only drugs you should do in life are cannabis and LSD

post opiate albums

>not mushrooms
You bluepilled fool

Little pete is tacky as fuck but like you say it makes it all feel genuine
youtube.com/watch?v=hSRFglBAN94
contributing my fav wicca x peep song, i kinda wish adam would take advantage of peeps momentum and make some more songs with him but hes just doing his own thing i guess

>using meth

idiot

also i guarantee he's not that self-aware just from A. looking at him and B. the fact that he's a trap rapper so your assessment on him and his devotion to music is even more retarded

hes coming down man, give him a break

acid is stronger than mushrooms, retard, youre a pussy who cant handle his shit i bet thats why you do shrooms

i dont get why people bad vibes so fast over psychedelic discussions of all things

youre a fucking idiot

at least learn about the drugs first before talking about them

>"but shrooms are the red pill psych because theyre the first one i tried!"
pathetic. come back when youve had an ayahuasca trip

because i didn't like everything following the initial pleasure. i didn't like tweaking and not acting like myself, i didn't like that i put myself in a risky situation to use it, and i didn't like that the comedown was physically and mentally harsh.

i made a pretty bad mistake and it has me feeling fucked up. i'm sure that this sad feeling will ease up once i get my sleep and such back on track. it was my first and last time dancing with that shit. i knew that getting more and doing more would make the comedown go away, but i had the will to just let myself go back to normal and start moving on from such a dumb decision

yeah, i get the sense that he's not trying to be or at least appear composed, compared to a lot of more mainstream rappers that projecting an image of having their shit together and being in control. but that's just me.

you're right about the meth, i'll give you that. i think he has at least some level of self-awareness, although i'm not implying that he's a cornucopia of wisdom. i think that he knows he's fucking up, but he doesn't care and he's enjoying the ride that is his (likely short) music career.

i think that your own assessment about him is a bit shallow, although i can't claim to have some sort of intimate knowledge about him. i've just listened to his music and watched interviews

isn't that that neo-nazi ytuber poodeepoo?

>meth not always being cheap

why the fuck would you ever smoke meth when you could just go to the doctor and lie and get adderall? i get that's not as an intense high but way safer

It took for you to get high on meth to enjoy Lil Peep's music.

Don't you think that's a red flag?

did lots of amphetamine yesterday, stayed up all night and now the binge continues. midterms and need to study, not fun but at least the amphetamine gives some nice effects

What's going to happen to Lil Peep in a couple years when trap rap isn't in vogue anymore? Those face tattoos won't look good when he goes to the job interview at McDonalds.

I went to the doctor when I was 16 and my mother pretty much suggested that they give me adderall in no uncertain terms - the doctor then proceeded to do everything but that. Not sure if that's still on record.

I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid around 10-12 but was taken off of it when it interfered with my sleep and I lost weight.

I enjoyed his before, but I used drugs before as well - just not meth. The dark feeling that comes with a meth comedown made me warm up to White Wine in particular, though.

Exactly. I like his look and his music, but I doubt his career in music will have much longevity. I hope he's put away some money to have a lot of laser treatments done.

Bro, get help

I've been chasing the dragon on the regular for the past couple years and I'll tell you what, it's given me a whole new appreciation for the music of the Abboes from Australia. That conveyer belt breathing they do with the Digereedoos is something else

Isn't it easier to get bad trip with mushrooms while it's not even as intense as LSD?

drug induced creativity is a meme for bored white kids.

true

>Isn't it easier to get bad trip with mushrooms while it's not even as intense as LSD?
Bad trips can happen on any psychadelic. State of mind, and setting make a world of difference.

Mushrooms can be as intense as LSD. But you gotta eat a lot. I had 12 dried grams last time. I smoked a cigarette outside and came inside to discover the living room had turned as green as the outside. I've never experienced that on acid.

Plush mushrooms make me laugh way more.

>my first and last time dancing with that shit

yeah right have fun becoming a meth addict

This desu

>psychadelic

Opinion discarded.

>12 dried grams
Either those were really REALLY fucking weak mushrooms or you're extremely exaggerating

3.5g of dried shrooms is a medium-strong trip

12g is a heroic dosage and can easily lead to a mental breakdown or even fullblown psychosis.

Who are you trying to impress here user? Drugs aren't a competition you know...

nice pasta