My cousin is a programmer who works on Ark Survival Evolved

My cousin is a programmer who works on Ark Survival Evolved.

You guys want to know a secret?
He told me the next project they are working on and I think I can get away with telling you a little information.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/COQn5uRYbJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shit game
dont play

So when is it going to be finished.
Unfinished game.
Has dlc before completion
Wut?

>next project

How about optimizing this game so a normal human's PC can run it?

Well I do not play Ark but I hope the next project is finishing the fucking game

its a cool game i like it

I'll ask him.

Don't understand this. I bought a $600 PC over four years ago and I can run Ark just fine.

My cousin and his friends who started the game are already working on a new project in their downtime.
They still have fulltime jobs working on Ark.

unfinished game ? lol ... "minecraft is a unfinished game iam a dirt fag..."

NO FAGGOT ADD MORE DINOSAURS ITS WORKED GREAT SO FAR

Alright since you asked, I'll tell you.

It's a sandbox FPS, set in a historical era.
The purpose of the game is to colonize areas, construct buildings, fortify structures, and invade enemy territories.

The world will be like world of warcraft, one giant server except the technology they are using is actually many servers connected as one. There will only be quick loading screens between large areas.

Sounds pretty cool so far I thought.

This

>One giant server except the technology they are using is actually many servers connected as one.

KEK Dumb fag in the internet has never heard of the internet.

Still, there is a different between online games which use multiple servers and an online game which would connect all the servers seamlessly.

No minecraft is a finished game

As a novice network architect and experienced full stack developer, I feel confident saying you don't know what your talking about.

I don't know what I'm talking about necessarily.
I'm just relaying what he said.

Even I can discern the difference between a game which is one massive world to travel through and many worlds which are disconnected.

Minecraft was a finished game years ago left beta into 1.0 what? 2012-13ish?

Assembled a €1000 PC 4 years ago. Havent found a game yet that i cant play supersmooth with resolution and every other setting at max.

I dont even know shit about pc's, just went to a pc builder website.

minecraft was a game for like 5 years before it was finished though

I'll bet your computer you can't run BF1 smooth with everything on ultra.

will it every fully release?

interested in what you have to say, OP

fam.

Specs ?

So what you're telling me is that they're going to make Life is Feudal...?

Let's hear the details OP, spend 8 hours a day on this timesink of a game

>next project

Hopefully their next project is making ark an actually runnable game that doesn't require a super computer

What historical era? Will the megaserver prevent me from playing with my friends in any way?

Shits and kek

Since even the consoles can run it you must have a really shitty pc

Different historic era.

16th century-ish.

Don't think you should have a hard time playing with your friends.

youtu.be/COQn5uRYbJc

As long as they fix this, I'm good

1080 and I get 40 fps on high settings, I realise it's still alpha but right now it's optimization is shit

You miss the point. What the user experiences In terms of "worlds" has nothing to do with servers.

alright I'll spill the beans.

It's a pirate game.

So the renaissance huh?? It would be kind of dope if they did a pope-cardinal deal, been watching a lot of The Borgias and Medici: Masters of Florence lately

Would also work excellently in the Kublai Kahn era.

sounds like a neat game

All those who can't run Ark are poorfags and need to gtfo

This could turn out great if true, building a dock for your pirate ship sounds legit af. How big of a role does the sea play, do you know?

I'm pretty sure it plays a large role, as you get to customize your own ship, even fleets if you have friends who will help you.

The game isn't even at the artwork or graphics stage yet, but he said it will probably get the green light.

Btw he was paid very well for Ark, he lives in a mansion now that has it's own private theatre.

That big of a payday after the settlement? I thought the Scorched Earth DLC was released to recoup WC's losses..

Dont they need to finish ark before starting a new project?

I put a bunch of hours into ark on xbox only to have my bar destroyed by a couple of salty middle school shits

Anything up and coming for Ark you're aware of?

Hmm I'm not sure I thought he said it was doing well, going to PS4 or what not.

No but I can email him.

Youre full of shit, the game is still in early access.

Most people don't make it past the learning curve.. There's specific qualities you need to posses if you're to succeed in Ark

>charismatic
>no job/life
>grown ass adult

Specifically

When the will it be finished and stop being shit? It's been out for 2 fucking years.

Games like ark are all about seeing who can put in the most hours grinding.

/thread

Hmm I actually don't know much about the game, just remembe what he told me.
I asked him how the game was gonig he said "Its going well, we are working on PS4 version of it."

This was over thanksgiving.

Oh, i made it past the learning curve.
I had a base with plant x turrets, a few tames. It's just that i liked to troll a lot by sniping people in their bases and knocking people out whenever possible so it bit me in the ass.

But for sure, the first week of me playing was me dying every ten minutes or so. So frustrating.

Yes and no, if you can't garner a following on your server you won't progress plain and simple

You need friends. People who not only look up to you but fear you. There's basically an archetype for a successful tribe leader

>People who not only look up to you but fear you
dude its a video game, a good group would be people that enjoy playing with you.
if they actually "fear" they can simplify stop playing with you

You were on step 3 of 30 homie, you had a long way to go

My experiences on the server I'm playing now:

>week 1-2: staying hidden on a raft, collecting metal with tribemates to build a 10x10 four story metal base right off the bat

>extreme public outreach, by week 3 we had 3 alliances and enough auto turrets/PSX to protect us from anything but the big players

>week 4: confirmed alliance with the alpha tribe

>week 5: within the top 3 tribes on the server

It's all about networking, putting in insane hours, and knowledge of the game.

If youre being honest, your cousin's new project isnt original.
Sounds exactly like a game thats been in development for a year or two.

what game?

Respect through fear is necessary for a longterm stay on a server. This game is next level shit, you play the villain role and it's encouraged. If I talked to people IRL the way I talk to them in Ark I'd be fuckin murdered

Life is Feudal

meant for

i've only ever played ark on single player, with a similar strategy of building big raft bases. how is multiplayer? i want to try but i feel like i'll get buttfucked by everyone and there will be no resources left

Oh, like I said, it's set in different time periods.

what exactly would be different?
They have shitty primitive guns?

Ark is a great game in my opinion. PVE is casual enough for adults who can't afford the grind on PVP, it's challenging enough for everyone because a wipe is always a threat. You always can do better.

PC or console?

PC

Can't help you there. I play console, and my server is pretty mature. The people who act like children get wiped until they leave while less douchey noobs get support from the mid level tribes like me.

You will get buttfucked. And you'll get buttfucked again.

If you don't take a Dark Souls attitude this game will crush your fucking soul dude

But every time you die you learn something. When you rebuild you do it that much better. It's super fucking gratifying once you have that knowledge though, you're basically playing a completely different Ark than everyone else at that point. Watching them struggle while you roll in resources and friendships

That's a good way to put it.

My advice, level as fast as you can and consider your progress expendable until you have stone, and only if your little stone base is somewhere secure.

To add to this guy's post: don't even bother putting up stone until you have the means to cover the building in PSX. This is the biggest mistake newbs make IMO, a stone wall is not a deterrent to someone who wants your shit/wants you out

And those PSX aren't gonna keep any tribe out who's had time to do tames. So you better make that transition to metal and auto turrets quick.

thanks for the advice guys. so basically try to just gather as much xp as you can until you can join a tribe and make metal shit? is it smart to keep a hidden cache somewhere? and also what is PSX

If you don't play PVP then this will be a moot point but it's a good idea.
You still get grief in PVE by Titans and Gigas. Bugs too. Some kind of auto turret is necessary and you want high walls.

Plant Species X
It's an organic Auto turret.

A hidden cache would be nice if you had gear to get you to it. Anyone can find it and destroy it on PVP

My dad works for nintendo

My dad built the Xbox.
So did my neighbor though. And a kid dad I went to school with.

If he does for real, when can I get Gold/Silver on my phone legitimately so everyone I know can battle and trade?

Tell them to optimise their shitty game

Do as follows homie:

make friends and roll on foot until you can build a raft, make two and hide one out at sea as you resources cache, use the other to farm and ferry goods out to the resource cache

once you've prefabricated the goods to set up a decent sized stone base, find a hidden location and set up. Your number one priority now should be taming a Pteranadon for transporting goods and traveling, a trike for farming narcotics, and a phioma to produce fertilizer. Plant stimberries in crop plots, and collect plant species-x seeds to grow for your defenses.

This will put you at an immediate advantage over 75% of new players. It's the groundwork for succeeding. Learn and grow on your own from this point on, good luck :D

thanks bro!

I'm givin a man a fish though, till you learn how to figure this stuff out on your own your progress will plateau. Just don't ever give up.

bump cus I fuckin love talking about Ark

my daughter plays this game and tried to help her. we build a pretty nice base and leveled her up. but once she logged out and when back the next day she had to start again at level one. WTF is up with that.

PS4 glitch, but how old is your daughter dude? Don't put her in official PvP servers, people are savage it will mess her up

MAKE STONE RAMPS/STAIRS

she is on xbox one and she is 10. but she does pretty good on it.

The online portion of this game is not for children. You should set her up her own solo server so she can just have fun with the dinos and building

Fuck ARK just play Rust. Soooo much better

If you want nonstop fighting yeah, but the Tribe system and the levels of trust needed in Ark put it on a whole different level IMO

It's practically a social experiment