Sup Forums covers David Bowie

After the success of our 50-song Beatles cover album, we're continuing our David Bowie project!

Beatles album:
>hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/covers-the-beatles
>mega.nz/#!ilcBALAS!uuHiWZe9pcZhgEu2E1Z3nhX4fkhYxJfAMvfOaxCAczE
>youtube.com/watch?v=3C5g69o5X_I
>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hanging-dong/covers-the-beatles/

After the clusterfuck that was the Beatles album, we are going to be using a different claiming method this time. Pick a song that you want to cover from the list below, and email me at [email protected] with a rough timescale for when you will be able to finish it. If you simply claim a song in the thread but don't email, it will be ignored. This is because dozens of people drifted into the Beatles claiming thread, claimed a song, and then vanished forever. When songs are finished, they should be sent via email, not posted in the thread. This keeps an element of mystery about the final product.

Submission rules can be found in the first reply

The only unclaimed songs were Sweet Thing/ Candidate/ Sweet Thing Reprise.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/3mvtstqi
clyp.it/y35v2wlv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rules for submissions:

>IF YOU CAN'T SING, ASK SOMEONE ELSE IN THE THREAD TO! Really want to push for strong vocals throughout on this project, so don't feel like you have to sing on your track if you don't feel comfortable doing so. There are plenty of good singers on this board who can help you out.

>This is a fairly serious project, and there will be quality control. Harsh noise won't be accepted, because fuck that shit. Please don't make your covers memey, I know there were a few on the Beatles one like that but I want this one to be a bit more serious.

>Poor audio quality will be rejected. By that I mean something like heavy background fuzz, don't worry if your recording equipment is not professional standard. Just listen to the Beatles album for acceptable sound quality.
>Don't send me guerilla mail. I prefer if submissions are wav files but I don't mind converting them myself.

>It has to be an actual cover of the song, not just you saying "We can be heroes" into the mic once and then playing unrelated music you wrote yourself for 5 minutes. Reinterpretations are very welcome though, see Day Tripper or Paperback Writer from the Beatles album as examples.

>Collabs are also welcome, if you need someone to play bass or drums or whatever for you, just ask in the thread. People collaborated numerous times on the last album to great success.

I'm really drunk 2bh

Meme school

EP when

Despite not being part of this album I thought I'd have a crack at Let's Dance.
I went and finished it off today, let me know what you reckon.

clyp.it/3mvtstqi

Really great job user.

nice!

Thanks fellas.

This is my somewhat abstract attempt at a classic. Feedback welcome!

Oop forgot link.

clyp.it/y35v2wlv

memme

I'M AN ALLIGATOR

Friendly reminder that the Revolver section on Covers The Beatles is the ultimate pleb filter

>clyp.it/3mvtstqi
This should be on the album!

>There are plenty of good singers on this board who can help you out.

When is this gonna be finished roughly?

bumb

couple of weeks I would guess

The preview better not be too far off

Considering it is the best Beatles album it could have been a lot better though

Yeah 2 or 3 weeks I would guess

this

pleb