Why did the blow up the parliament? What did achieve by it? Was he trying to incriminate superman...

Why did the blow up the parliament? What did achieve by it? Was he trying to incriminate superman? Cause that would be stupid. Or was he just trying to get revenge on that senator?

His entire motives and endgame made no sense.

HERP

DERP

To kill the person blocking his import.

Not defending the movie (it was terrible), but are you a fucking idiot?

He's doing several things at once:

1) Getting rid of Senator Finch because she's cockblocking his kryptonite.

2) Further antagonising Bruce Wayne to deepen his grudge against Superman ("you let your family die").

3) Further stirring up the media/public anti-Superman narrative.

4) Making Superman feel powerless

but that blocking didn't matter at all, he had kryptonite in metropolis before killing her

He wanted Finch dead
He wanted to "break" Superman
He got tired of Mercy's poon

>parliament

He had a tiny sample of kryptonite. It's clearly explained at the start of the film that he needs the motherload.

from your list only the last point have sense. bruce can't blame superman for this explosion and media reporting that superman could've something to do with it was rather stupid

Do you understand how a psychopath's mind works? This whole "Mother May I" act he does is just to make him look innocent in Finch's eyes, so no one suspects him of having the Kryptonite.

Lex Luthor is a sneaky, manipulative, lying, conniving cocksucker. He doesn't care about who he has to step on to get ahead.

that's wrong, the chase sequence and first batman -superman encouter("do you bleed") is before the bombing, and in that chase batman is trying to still the kryptonite witch came on the white portuguese, there is scene where lex and mercy are looking at the "motherload"

BOYS!

I'll take the bait one more time, and then stop posting.

Bruce blames Superman for everything. Whether it's rational or not doesn't matter – he's not thinking rationally. Bruce is butthurt because his lifelong coping mechanism was to be the apex predator. Suddenly, Superman's on the scene, and Bruce is not the most powerful individual around any more. He's powerless. Yes, all the death and destruction since Man of Steel isn't technically Superman's fault, but Bruce is more interested in restoring his own feeling of dominance than in debates about responsibility.

The media being stupid is perfectly accurate and realistic.

He was trying to frame Supermen
And at the same time kill Finch
And his assistant

He's also a meme character. Using a wheelchair as an explosive. Reference to Breaking Bad. He bailed out Wally from jail and figured he would be a great tool to set everything up.

It's very clever when you think about it. Not just Lex's plan, but how it all happens from a plot perspective.

Again, before the explosion, Batman is chasing the truck with the huge sample that came of the white Portuguese only to be stopped by superman.

Then Superman goes to hearing, explodes just after it happens Batman breaks into Lexcorp and steals it. The sample was already in his lab when the explosion happened

So he's defying her, then. Which is completely illegal. Which means he'd be in jail if he doesn't get rid of her, because she'd come down on him like a ton of bricks

This. Also:
>3) Further stirring up the media/public anti-Superman narrative.

The media blamed him for being "all powerful" but not being able to see or hear the bomb.

One of my favorite parts of the movie was in webm related. Lex was trying to prove that Superman was not an all powerful, all good god.

such a powerful performance. fuck the haters

senator was blocking his import and also onto him, even before the confession. he bought himself time because the missing kryptonite would not go to him.
I don't believe he did try to incriminate Superman, the media just assumed, even going as far to allege the possibility that he was an accomplice in the bomb. Lex did incriminate Wally, planting evidence at his home.

That scene was so fucking good, I liked how Lex was portrayed cause it was a different take on the cool suave Lex we were already established with.

Worst.Vilain.Ever.

> Pathetic in its attempt to mimic the joker

OK, now cast an actor that doesn't sound like a squeaky, whiny bitch. He was horrendous.

>wanna know how I got these scars?
>do you know the oldest lie in America?

That was one of the best scenes in the movie. When he give the pictures of Martha to him and Superman just becomes a kansas boy worried about his mom, that was great.

How was he supposed to be like the Joker? He was already insane and kind of autistic, he was like one of those people in high school who thought they were better then everyone and claimed to be smarter too, and they managed to make Lex that guy who was just insane and manipulative to get what he wants, killing his Secretary and killing others to get revenge as he saw everything as a little game

i can agree with your explanation for bruce, it makes sense in universe. guess i just don't like him being written like that. being illogical and blinded by rage

why does ben have such a fat face? he looks like a sausage in his suits

Agreed. When Superman cowers before him, and Lex puts his hand on his head. "Now God bends to my will."

Chills every time.

Okay, but tell me, who would you have casted instead of Jesse? I think he did an incredible job at doing a mentally disturbed and disgusted Lex Luthor. If I had to re-cast him, I'd pick a Edward Norton or someone who could play a really disturbed person, but Jesse was perfect

>who would you have casted instead of Jesse?
Idris Elba

C'mon, all the fake acting and gay laugh, it's fucking obvious. And he failed. hard

Oh my god, that part got me in ways I never thought it could, the whole fact that hes so worried for everyone's safety, trying to make sure no one else gets hurt, and then when he's forced to fight Batman for his mother, who he thinks he's already beaten and roughed up, so fucking powerful.

pssshhh nothing personnel kid

I can never tell if you guys are being genuine or kinoposters anymore. I really liked this scene too but Sup Forums's new Sup Forumsedditors that invaded honestly make posting here unbarable.

Ohh, nice choice, but I have to ask, is it cause he was in a show called Luthor or just cause he's a better choice in acting skill?

Sometimes genuinely good things make the inherent cynicism of Sup Forums disappear.

The only thing i didn't like about that scene is that when you see her she looks fine. Did Lex or KGBeast clean her up just to incinerate her?

for me it's not even about the actor, eisenberg could do just fine. it's about the performance he choose to go with. cut all those hmm, and squeky laughs, play it more serious, show how and why he hate's superman and he could be good

this
user's are still good

i liked the part where lowis picked up the spear and threw it into the water hole because it was green and she hates green

Nahhh man, I actually enjoyed those quips, maybe im weird but the fact that he tried so hard to make it seem like he's the type of person who needs to be on top, along with having a sort of spoiled kid complex, man, all that shit was the icing on the cake

This. It was just certain parts where he was pure cringe.

I just saw the movie for the first time last night, the Ult edition and am genuinely in love with the movie, so take your pick

I like they got someone else to look like her and took the photos of, the photos are blurry as fuck, so any older white woman would just like his mom, and considering how Superman was still kind of pissed at Lex for trying to kill Lois, I think Superman would've taken the bait regardless

i was genuinely suprised that i liked him at times. from the trailers i though i will only hate him, but sometimes i really enjoyed his lex. still, for the most part he was bad

I can agree to that, some parts of the movie made me go "Jesus fuck dude calm down-" cause it was kind of cringey like the library scene where Superman meets Batman for the first time.

Why did he care if she was blocking the import since he exports illegal weapons.

Didn't he intend for Batman to steal the rock anyway.