So if american cheese is standard in the US, what does the rest of the world have as standard... *hits blunt*

So if american cheese is standard in the US, what does the rest of the world have as standard... *hits blunt*

UK is cheddar. Pleb processed plastic US cheese is shouldnt even be considered cheese

True, but like not even talking about plastic cheese, but good american, like deli shit, personally i like mozzarella

Mozzarella is Italian, and there's no such thing as good "American Cheese".

Gouda in sweden.

Its dutch.

"American cheese (product)" is not "standard" here in the US. You can purchase it in grocery stores, but realistically very few places have it if you go out to eat and you'd have to specifically ask for it if you did want it.

Standard cheeses here in the states are typically
>cheddar
>Swiss
>provolone
>pepper jack

Prästost eller Grevé ditt jävla cp

Camembert for the baguettes

Pic related

Smakar det inte som en åttioårig mans sula är det inte svensk ost tbh, fett gott

Ive never been anywhere that didnt have american, and in Rhode Island (my state) everyone eats white american, its just what places always have, provolone and swiss are about the same as well

Prästost and Västerbotten in Swe.
Both of them tasty as hell.

best french cheese is obviously not camembert, i would say Cantal or Compté

OP here, officially hating myself for not knowing half these fucking cheeses

svensk ost ska IMO smaka ungefär som jag tänker mig att Ingvar kamprads hjässa luktar

Yall mothafuckas need to get some Tillamook in your life.

try find some dutch swiss or french hard cheese. dont go for soft cheese if you dont like it strong.

'American cheese' is basically a kind of solidified oil which is then laced with flavor checmicals and then with yellow-orange color chemicals. It is not real 'cheese'. There is no such thing as American 'real cheese' that is actually made from milk that is then curdled, cured, and aged. You can find reproductions of other international cheeses like Vermont Cheddar, or knock-off junk mozzarella and parmesan, but those aren't 'American.' Mozzarella made properly is a wet, ropey white cheese made from water buffalo milk from southern Italy. Provolone is from Vesuvius and northeastern Italy. Pecorino Romano is from south-central, around Rome, and is made from goat's milk (that's the 'pecorino'). For the same reasons that you can't get San Francisco Sourdough bread to taste the same when you make it elsewhere, you can't get the same exact flavors out of the same types of cheese produced in a region apart from its origin: the local air and microbes are different.

>thinks swiss cheese is American.

You're taking this far too seriously.

Captcha: Food.

I learned something from b for the first in 10 years.
>feelsbadman

Herrgårdsost isn't half bad either. Grevé is the best one, though.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

LURK MOAR.

inferior cheese

Putain, looks like cum getting dry

I'm Italian, and I love cheese. While I find Parmigiano Reggiano to be the best cheese of all(every aging, from 22 months to 50+ is just majestic), it saddens me to admit that many soft French cheeses are actually great, with Saint marcellin and Coulummier among those. Other countries' cheeses are frankly put of question

Really? Shit that's weird. I live down south in Tennessee and even here that shit isn't "standard" by any stretch of the imagination.

Can't tell what you're trying to say. We're talking about what cheese is "standard" in your country of origin, not what they produce.

As someone who absolutely loves brie, what other cheeses would you suggest to expand my horizon? I don't have much experience in nicer cheeses.