youtube.com/watch?v=xuy_wkN9GaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XSCYXfpcuSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>user still fell for the duo-sonic meme

I expected a shitpost, but not like this

Why aren't you practicing right now?

youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H9P4F5Uk

reposting for /gg/ jelly

I played so long today that my technique was starting to get worse so there was no point

too drunk, Listening to Santana ballads for them feels

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2ya7G7wlI

It's bed time user

youtu.be/U7s--IzoYnY

HOW DO YOU FUCKING NIGGERS DO IT

I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS AND I STILL CAN'T NAIL THIS FUCKING SONG

FUCK

Does anyone actually play in Open E tuning?

If so, can I ask why you are such a faggot?

Anyone who plays in open E just reveals a core lack of understanding of music.

To be willing to tune your strings UP higher than their intended pitch and risk damaging or snapping them ALL FOR THE PURPOSE OF KEY makes you a retard. You could easily tune the other strings down relative to the high strings, and have the same tuning intervals but simply in a lower key. Even then, all you would have to do to play in your intended open E key is just play higher up the neck.

If you play in open E, you LITERALLY damage your instrument for the sole purpose of having the E key in a certain SPECIFIC POSITION on the fretboard. This means you're worthless as a person and everyone who loves you is wrong.

Before I discovered the Brian Jonestown Massacre, playing guitar made no sense to me.

I have been reborn.

Not to mention fucking with your neck tension

I've literally never heard of anyone using Open E

I mean you could say the same about Open C, considering it sounds like absolute shit.

Call me names for wanting this guitar.

You're a cool guy!

It's a nice guitar.

Not the reaction I was expecting, but I'm pleasantly surprised

What's the spookiest sounding scale?

led zeplin stairway to heaven

Why are you so passionate about this user? I've never heard of anyone using open E tuning.

One of you libtards seriously reported that post? What a bunch of sensitive niggers you are

Come on, user. That's not a real answer

kid rock american bada**

>Open C, considering it sounds like absolute shit.

Uuuh, no it doesn't. It's also extremely common. Not to mention it doen't relate to anything that guy wa saying about Open E. It's extremely easy to tune to Open C and not damage your instrument or fuck with your strings.

>Call me names for wanting this guitar.

That's not a Jaguar though... so why would we call you names?

do you have any go-to tunings or is it more just about protecting the guitar

This

I own a Jaguar too

Total fucking shit.

Wish I could pony up $1800 for this senpai, look at all the bells and whistles! I'd be drowning in latina muff

yeah good point

>look at all the bells and whistles!
ALL american manufactured guitars look like this now.

Jaguars, not guitars*

>censoring yourself

It's ok user, mommy's not watching you here.

haha don't get butthurt if you're get memed on

What the fuck is wrong with Jaguars? Aren't they just like Jazzmasters with more tone control options (switches and shit)?

roman are you here? I want to ask you a question

this. Jaguars did nothing wrong.

>not knowing english

That's not ok user, go back to class.

They're prettier Jazzmasters without the full scale neck, the ability to play a diverse range of music, and the testicles.

Biggest purchase regret of my life.

>What the fuck is wrong with Jaguars?

They're popular, especially among Sup Forumstants since it's associated with a lot of Indie/Alternative/Shoegaze bands and is on the cover of Loveless. Therefore it's become known as a meme.

They're actually pretty great instruments though I've heard they are prone to falling apart. I've never owned one though so I can't say for sure. I've played them quite a few times though.

What limits Jaguars as far as diversity in your opinion? I was thinking of buying one over a Jazzmaster for the opposite reason.

>I've never owned one though so I can't say for sure.
I've had to have the floating tremolo fixed three times, so yeah that is accurate.

The pickups. They're twangy and bright. And that's about all they are. Good luck getting any sort of sustain without using a Big Muff or a Freeze something.

Also my Jaguar cost about $1100 give or take.

My Hagstrom Viking cost about $550.

The Jaguar hardly gets touched anymore.

Is it a meme? I want the white one desu :^(

>The pickups. They're twangy and bright.

What about an HH Jaguar?

Buy what you want user. Don't worry about what the faggots here think.

And oh yeah, the feedback that Jaguar produces is absolute fucking garbage. All I get is the highest fucking ear piercing squeal you can imagine. You can't even manipulate it or play with it in anyway.

Never played one or heard one played outside of Cobain. Can't say anything about them.

>What about an HH Jaguar?
Not him, but obviously that would negate the pickup issue. But then again, why would you want a Jaguar that doesn't sound like a Jaguar? I would say go to a local store and see if you can play these instruments and see for yourself. Don't just buy a Jaguar over a Jazzmaster because it looks pretty though.

/gg/ will meme on you no matter what you buy

it was a meme for me considering I literally already own a MIM strat, people are generally divided but honestly there are some legitimate complaints, the stock neck pickup on the MIM HS configuration is really unsatisfactory IMO. Also its a smaller scale, just feels weird. From a purely economic standpoint there is better value to be had, but I suppose some people love it.

I got drunk and recorded this pls r8
youtube.com/watch?v=DcjsZi6cBD0

Well I wasn't buying it simply for the looks, as I noted earlier I assumed the Jag would be more versatile due to all the knobs and switches. Seems hard to believe the Jazzmaster would be more versatile.

And I do intend to play one in person before deciding. Though I have watched some videos on youtube and the Jaguar seems pretty versatile from what I've seen. Especially the HH since it has a coil tap so I can get a good humbucker and single coil tone.

>I assumed the Jag would be more versatile due to all the knobs and switches
Ugh.

You see the three knobs and the switch at the top of the Jaguar?

Yeah. They're fucking useless. The switch controls whether you are playing the guitar in the rhythm circuit or the lead circuit.

I am telling you right now you will never, ever use the rhythm circuit.

The three switches at the bottom select which pickups you are using. Literally every electric guitar has these switches.

you're ready for the stage

To emphasize, there is a reason why a lot of Jaguar players put tape over the rhythm/lead circuit selector switch. It's because if they accidentally hit the switch and push it down, they'll put the guitar into the rhythm circuit, rendering it pretty much useless.

this is the truth.
its why i never post pics of my gear or clips of my playing. even if i was literally slash people here would still tell me to fuck off with my blues shit.

>Three familiar examples of Open E tuning are the distinctive song "Bo Diddley" by Bo Diddley, the beginning guitar part on the song "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and the rhythm guitar on "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones, as well as their distinctly earthy blues song "Prodigal Son" from the Beggars Banquet album, originally by Robert Wilkins. This tuning is also used in Guns N' Roses' "It's So Easy," The Black Crowes' "She Talks to Angels", Glen Hansard's "Say It To Me Now", Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way", Dave Mason's "We Just Disagree", The Faces' "Stay With Me", Billy F. Gibbons in "Just Got Paid", in The Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter", lead guitarist Keith Richards uses Open E tuning. Open E tuning also lends itself to easy barre-chording as heard in some of these songs. Chris Martin of Coldplay also uses this tuning live in the song Hurts Like Heaven, but puts a capo on sixth fret.

why bass uses a lot of direct out(with preamps) put into PA for live/ interface for recording,but guitars prefer micing the speaker?

Idk what you're talking about, I use the switches in every configuration on mine for different sounds. It's the most versatile guitar I've ever had. I fucking love Jags.

So what you're really saying is that /gg/ will meme on you if you post dadrock/bluesy guitar shit or post pics of overrated guitars like Les Pauls.

In other words, you have shit taste m8

In this case Open E tuning is the fucking shit. I would just suggest using a guitar you don't give a fuck about unless you're super rich and can afford it.

You only illustrate his point perfectly.

have you ever seen that guy with the list of faggots who ruined /gg/ that names almost everything a guitarist could be playing?

You're going to sit there and tell me that you actually use the rhythm circuit?

This is true. It's like a retard version of the same controls you get on a Les Paul. That being said Jaguars are pretty great if they have the sound you're looking for.

Nope. I'm saying if he had good taste in music or guitars he wouldn't get memed on. He was saying he would get memed on no matter what.

You only continue to further illustrate the point.

>I am telling you right now you will never, ever use the rhythm circuit.

Plebs walk among us every day

And oh fucking yeah, don't even get me started about the fucking bridge on the Jaguar, which I replaced with a Mastery within 2 months of owning the fucking guitar.

If the point is that you're butthurt and in denial then sure. I know he/you was looking for sympathy so I'm sorry to make your day even worse, but it's the truth.

Now learn to fingerpick and play Math-Core or fuck off with your Slash worship

remember that blacktop HH jag they brought out. this fucking abomination had les paul tom and stop bar. fucking disgusting.

lol i was always take those types of comments as light hearted banter

better to meme than not to meme at all

although i have had very help comments in /gg/ when it comes to saving money on affordable gear

listen to it's your money, your sound and your life enjoy it

so guys i recently bought an epipy g-400 it's frickin sweet and i love it

but a huge but here... just saw a Tony Iommi version being listed and it's sounds wicked as fuck

should i pull the trigger on the beast or should i just go buy the signature pickups and hope i get close to that sound

if anyone has played it before, was wondering how close to the finish on the guitar to the original feel of the g400?

thats why im so in love with the new offset series mustangs

they have a start style hardtail string through
i always loved mustang but i never used tremolos and i hated that brdige

Look at this tryhard fag fucker.

How do I improve a MIM standard Stratocaster, nerds?

I was thinking about servicing it and getting new pickups but idk

Not as much as the lower three switches, but yes. Dial in tone knob (thing?), and big muff for a bassy doom tone, and I like the tone up the neck if I want a more rounded sound on higher notes.

I'm not saying I keep that fucker in place or use it every time I pick up the guitar, but there's certainly use for it and it's added to my personal value of the guitar.

cool

>calling people pleb
>tryhard

Lurk more

To re-cap:

-The floating tremolo on my Jaguar has broken three (3) times.
-The stock bridge was unbearable to play on and I replaced it as soon as possible.
-The rhythm circuit switch is a useless waste of space and only there as an excuse to add more chrome and to differentiate it from the Jazzmaster
-Pickups suck

Do what you want with this information HH guy. I'm telling you to buy a hollow body instead.

Can anybody tell me what make this guitar is? It has no logos or serial numbers anywhere on the body. One of the pickups is a Peavey super ferrite

Do you have any issues that you know you can fix with some work? You can upgrade the pickups and pots it really just depends on what you want to improve.

its fucking hideous

I mistook an audio cable for my headphones and plugged it into my computer from my amp, I think I fried my soundcard

its a peavey poorfag

I know, it looks like shit but surprisingly it doesn't sound like shit. I just want to lower the action on it.

Don't listen to as he clearly doesn't know what the fuck he's saying.

Just watch this video. youtube.com/watch?v=_uMGwEfFI4Y

If you could jam with any one person(s) who would it be and why?

I kinda recently bought a Jazzmaster and really like, so I'll keep the meme-atry going, should I get a jag or a mustang next? I'm going for a surf punk/garage sound.

ur mom

you know why

Holy fuck this guy literally can't even describe what the top switch does. And this is the fucking video you post? You fucking moron.

we grew up in the same part of St. Louis on olive. I met him a couple times too. My biggest inspiration.

I need to restring it and clean it, but I think it's just going to be my I just don't give a fuck guitar that still plays ok. Is it worth cleaning up and rebuilding?

"I could never really get this lock to work...doesn't seem to do anything."

Holy shit kill yourself for posting this video. Seriously.

what exactly is surf punk? not memeing generally curious.

one of my personal favorite surf punk bands and bands in general.
youtube.com/watch?v=xuy_wkN9GaQ

youtube.com/watch?v=XSCYXfpcuSs

>Holy fuck this guy literally can't even describe what the top switch does.
Except he did. Butthurt much?

Massive butthurt levels. I love it.

what makes this surf? and garage rock and this are two different animals , at least the garage rock i'm familiar with