Whats your feeble excuse for not listening to Ed sheeran?

Whats your feeble excuse for not listening to Ed sheeran?

Ed has broken an incredible SEVEN records after just seven days on the official album and singles charts with the new album

1 - Divide is the fastest-selling album by a male artist ever
2 - Divide sold 672,000 copies in its first week, the highest opening week album sales in Official Chart history for a male artist
3 - Streaming made up 12% of sales, the highest first-week streaming sales for an album ever
4 - Divide also scored the biggest one-week vinyl album sale in more than 20 years
5 - Ed has become the first artist to ever have every single track from an album enter the Top 20
6 - The entire Top 5 is made up of tracks from Divide – the first time an act has ever achieved this
7 - Ed has also set a new record for landing the most Top 10 singles from one album with ten tracks entering the single charts in the first week

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31191e2d0kE
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ck2KiwqRE0&t=2307s
twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/840295764433735681
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Singles_Chart_number_ones_of_the_2010s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hang yourself my man

antwon fantwon told me it was bad so I'm not gonna listen to it

did I miss some important news where something being popular suddenly meant it was automatically good or something

fuck off OP

It's amazing how far popular music has sunk. Not that there are not artists who are popular, that are quite good, Radiohead for example. But a lot of new stuff topping charts now is just disappointing and flat out not good. Ed is a perfect example

youtube.com/watch?v=31191e2d0kE

Kanye West

>it's an Ed Sheeran shills himself on Sup Forums in his autistic quest to dominate anything music related episode

oh yeah? well every twenty one pilots song was written by one man.

ONE MAN

that is wild

Never heard of him

>Ed Sheeran's first album is called "+"
>Ed Sheeran's second album is called "x"
>Ed Sheeran's third album is called "÷"

What's this guy's problem?
Is his next album going to be called "-"?
Then what?

Popularity ≠ skill

lol all the critics fucking hate him and his phony im just a regular guy shtick.

I guess bruce springsteen is just some blue collar dude trying to make it in this crazy world too

bruce springsteen is based though

he can't sing or play or write

PEDMAS

Shape of you is my guilty pleasure song desu

Bad & Boujee is still #2 you retard

i know, sherrans music is dull, but its like, springsteen sings about working class shit and probably owns like 4 mansions, there is probably a better way to criticize sherran.

I actually think he is smart for doing this, what do the critics want him to do?
Make music for gentrified urbanites?

Springsteen is a more engaging listen than Sheeran

Based melon.

>When asked who are his competitors in the industry right now, Ed Sheeran said, "I would like to emulate Adele's success. Every artist should have Adele as a benchmark. She's at the top right now." So Charlamagne stops him and tells him "Beyoncé is the bar" so Ed replies "No, I'm talking sales-wise."

That's the artist you're all trying to support and keep shilling on a chinese cartoon board. What a shame. You're all what's wrong with this world.

proof @ 30:10

youtube.com/watch?v=3Ck2KiwqRE0&t=2307s

What most black people dont understand is that you have to be a dull cretin, inoffensive, and lowest common denominator to top the charts, this means no swearing, no over sexualisation, no booty dances.

Michel jackson understood this.

Ed boy is the nice young man your stupid mom likes, the non threatening boy next door, the every man who doesnt forget where he came from, and he makes bland inoffensive pop music for the drooling retard masses

pharrels happy song is an example of a black person doing this

Charlemagne thinks Beyonce is at the top of the heap artistically
lmao what a pleb

>talking about Stormzy
Stormzy Breakfast Club when

>Charlamagne stops him and tells him "Beyoncé is the bar"

Because his music is really fucking dull. Could someone explain why he has stuck around so long? I really don't understand the appeal

teenage white girls run the industry my man. Most males pirate their music

Fair, but I guess what I'm really confused about is why him of all people? There's lot's of singer-songwriters that are better singers, writers, looking, etc

>Beyoncé is the bar
Kek niggers can't help it.
>cretin
But thats all the nigger ever, I really don't get what you're trying to say.

I thought you were talking about real sales records for a minute but apparently these are all UK specific records so who gives a fuck. This just confirms my suspicions that Brits have garbage taste in general.

>Light 4

ITT: Anti-"hipsters" #BTFO

"You hate it because it's popular" no longer an argument.

This is the power of stupid teenage girls, people. And I'll bet most of them are American, because you guys have the shittiest taste.

What do smart teenage girls listen to?

At least he is better number one than fucking bad and boujee

I know a girl who is into talking heads, gentle giant, and prog in general

who the fuck buys these albums? seriously?

embarrassing taste

You have 15 seconds to name a better current artist

kanye west

kanye west

Because pop music has been garbage for 20+ years, and pop music that actually sells great numbers of records is even bigger garbage.

kek this place is embarrasing

bitch you're posting in an Ed Sheeran thread

lmao
I bet you listen to grimes faggot

>Divide sold 672,000 copies in its first week, the highest opening week album sales in Official Chart history for a male artist

bullshit probably

Don't know, but maybe his last album should be called AC.

>"Beyoncé is the bar"

snrk

top 40 wise she kind of is.

That would be pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh user

>metro.co.uk
>mfw

Streaming has made the charts redundant when shit like this happens.

>In 2016 there were just 10 UK number one singles, the lowest since 1954.

Migos, Travis Scott, Lil Yachty the list goes on..

>chart topping waifu / memerap
>god-tier

>chart topping white artist
>le mainstream is bad

Hypocrites

>no over sexualisation, no booty dances.
>Michel jackson

At least with meme rap you could see this going somewhere, with guys like Ed Sheeran it's just the same pop crap

British Bob Dylan

she is not even an artist, but a performer

kekekek

I'm gonna explain the reason this man is so popular. Is a very easy explanation, it's just he is trying to sold himself like a not pop artist, so he apeal to the "Tumblr crowd", because he is "so deep" and writing his own songs (which doesn't mean nothing with the music is bad). But he also it's making very accessible music, that seems as a contrast to other chart toppers songs, so Ed Sheeran is appreciated by "conservatives" (because of its contrast with rap) and "progressive" (because of his attitude as a "no pop artist"). He is bland as hell by the way, write the most simple lyrics that apeal to the masses, and to some """alternative""" groups, basically the industry just their likeable white boy to sing song. You could be cuck and make a relation between this and The Beatles sucess, but while The Beatles barely a year after their american sucess were recording something like Rubber Soul, Ed Sheeran's music just got progressive accessible and bland.

Like Nick Drake, Bob Dylan and Tim Buckley among others.

How is this guy so popular? He is talentless and ugly as fuck.

>comparing tim buckley to ed sheeran
what the fuck

Just because an albums sells doesn't make it good.
You must be new here

twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/840295764433735681

And Elliott Smith

agree with the Pitchfork review

most of the records being broken are because we include streams as a statistic in sales now a relatively new concept
it's like saying the wright brothers once held the record for fastest aeroplane speed

Album is his worst, I like New Man, but the concept of the song is still wank
all of his new stuff is about how he broke up with a girl and he wants them back but doesn't really
he's now the male tailor swift
I saw in an interview him saying that there's no hungover introspection anymore, but that's what was remotely relateable about him

I don't get the appeal of Ed Sheeran. What makes him so successful?

Only poptimist teenagers truly understand why he's famous. It's beyond our comprehension.

...so she's an artist?

kek

Andy stott

he's a glorified millennial whoop faggot
>one millions flies can't be wrong, shit is tasty

Can someone explain to me the reason for this Artistic Pause?

>you and me are thrifty
>so go all you can eat
>fill up your bag
>and I fill up a plate
>[AUTISTIC PAUSE]
>we talk for hours and hours
>about the sweet and the sour

WHY does the music stop???? There hasn't been a music moment in a pop song that's annoyed me this much since "if you've been down and out about the liars and the dirty dirty cheats of the world, you could've been getting down to THIS. SIQQ. BEAT."

>rapping over folk music

-∞/10

Michael jackson had some pretty provocative dance moves, he used to grab his crotch constantly and rub his chest all the time but I see your point.

Bob Dylan

>Streaming made up 12% of sales

Teen girls

>"No, I'm talking sales-wise."

BASED ED

What charts are we talking about? Both Billboard and the iTunes charts haven't updated since the album's release.

Frank Ocean

>charts
>sales
>top 20
kek who gives a FUCK

>listening to an ugly ginger cuck who sing about meaningless shit
Sorry, I'm not 12

Its the UK charts, Billboard niggercucks still probably have ''lil fucking retards mumbling to EDM'' at the top.

Bob Dylan's music never got blander except when he found the Lord in the 80's

kek epic win Sup Forumsro

No, Shape of You is still #1 in America. But thanks for clarifying.

I don't know who this guy is, sorry

pleb detected

preacher bob is one of his best periods

Don't you fucking talk shit about Taylor Swift you whore.

>>fill up your bag
>>and I fill up a plate
i don't get this. is he dating a klepto?

Thank you, I can't believe this is a real thread right now.

download culture has made the charts are less meaningful than any other point in history. i know any insinuation that the charts have gone downhill is met with 'HURR LE WRONG GENERATION' but genuinely over the last 10 years or so it's gotten awful. yes, there has always been trash in the charts, but in the past legit acts were still able to crack them - think of all the big beat that topped the charts in the late 90s, the french house at the start of the 00s, all the alt rocky 'britpop' acts in the late 90s and revivialshit in the mid 00s - sure you can hate all this stuff and call it crossover trash but it is at least music written by the people performing it and not borne solely out of board room meetings and focus groups.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Singles_Chart_number_ones_of_the_2010s

99% of this was written by a team of producers, compared to say - 90% in the past

the problem is simple - people who actually like music nowadays, ironically enough, don't buy it

The 'HURR LE WRONG GENERATION' are just in denial that the pop scene really has seen a remarkable amount of homogenization and loss of quality compared to the pop scenes of previous decades.

I really hate how you cant criticize pop music without some try hard poptamism faggot crawling out of the gutter yelling about "hurrrr le weong gnerushun".

No wonder pops gotten so stale and boring

poptamism was the embrace of mediocrity