Real talk Do i need a credit card in life?

Real talk Do i need a credit card in life?
>growingupfag here

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=what is a credit score
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes, but remember that its not free money. use it for small purchases and pay it off immediately. it will help build your credit for later in life when you need a loan for a car or house.

Sadly, if you are in America, having a Credit Card to build credit is almost required. Sure, there may be under the table and non-contractual based places to rent, but if you want your own apartment, most places will run your credit score before even considering you (and you have to pay them for the application, non-refundable). I suggest getting a Credit Card, and buying a stick a gum of it every month and pay it off immediately. That will build your credit.

Yes
>/endthread

Unless you know exactly what you are doing, pay off the balance every month.

Paying the minimums will only fuck you in the long term.

What would be your reasons for not wanting to get one?

more of this fine bitch?

pretty much this.

if you have netflix put that on your credit card and pay it off every month.

no interest and your credit score will be decent pretty soon.

25 yo and never had one. debit works fine. one bank accnt for debit, another for savings.

debit cards have fewer security options for you against fraudulent charges. but credit cards make you a minion of the jew.

i've never seen a need to own one.

don't listen to these tards OP, a debit card and good budgeting is all u really need. credit cards are for spergs who can't do math and end up needing money they don't have. debit card is money, credit card is debt, and in the US..
>debt will swallow you

No. I'm 31. Still haven't needed one. Also not in debt. Live on my own. Pay my bills etc etc. CC are for suckers. Cash is king. Invest in Gold. If you can't afford it don't buy it.

this is retarded.

This is not true. You can put down a security deposit with cash and you will be good. CC not needed for apartment rentals.

spending more than you end up having('friend said he'll pay me back', 'i was scheduled to work all week next week'), irresponsibility in paying it off on time every single month. missing a payment because of disorganization could cause major problem for the long time. better to wait for when you can handle it responsibly.

this. credit cards are awesome. not because you can spend money you dont have. you can protect money you do have. if someone steals your CC#, you can file a complaint and you don't have to pay the bill. if someone steals your debit card #, you've lost a lot of actual money. good luck getting it back.

plus eventually, as you build credit, you can get cards that give you a small percentage cash back, or other small rewards. they add up. good cards also have extended warranties on products you buy, extended times to return things you buy, additional insurance, even roadside assistance.

get a damn credit card and just pay it off every month.

embracing the fact that you can't handle responsibility is a terrible way to live. how can you have a job? or drive a car? or have a place to live? you've got to take care of yourself and not screw yourself over.

If you have hips like that bitch you don't have to pay for shit

If you have a legal work...yes,but allbody no have legals works. ..

>credit card
not really.
>debit card
yes.
>checks
are you above 25? no? then no.

It helps if you know how to use it. Get the ones that give you maximum bonus signing up point and point rate per spending.

For an example, I signed up for chase preferred beginning of this year, which gave me enough point for me to get two airplane tickets to Puerto Rico for free (for me and my wife).
I also signed up for Chase Reserve, and now I am looking at buying two tickets to South Korea (roughly around $1000 for roundtrip) for free just using points. Yes you need to consider fee, but you calculate and see if benefits outweight the fee.

Checks are useful. Many places (like old gas stations) still take a week or 2 to process checks. So if you're a bit fucked one week, you can write a check and get your ass covered in a week.

It's really the only reason I have checks. That and if I need to give a voided check anywhere

OP here all this is pretty useful but im leaning on more to not get one because why would i wanna be in debt the rest of my life bruh

THEY can track you. It's better to be off the grid.

This may work for some cards, But alot require you to atleast use 30-60 percent of your limit and just make regular payments. If you can find a card that lets you do small purchases then definitely do it

There are ways to use it to your advantage, I worked at Bank of America and spoke to a guy who had switched from card issuer to issuer just before the 0% runs out for more than a decade. He swore by them. Be careful, miss a deadline or pay late and everything is fucked.

For safety maybe keep one, and as others have said they're great for bumping up your credit score- fuck up even once and it has the opposite effect.

this

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=what is a credit score
Get a credit card. Pay it off. Don't "be in debt for the rest of my life bruh"
If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you can afford it, invest in your future and CC/payoff. If you think you will ever buy a house(the one thing you really can't "afford") you need a decent credit score.

only people who go in debt are undisciplined and irresponsible people.

if you don't have a CC and go debit all the way, fine good for you. but i'll take my free miles and low mortgage/interest rates all day

I'm 40 and have never had a proper credit card. I have two checking accounts with debit cards so all the purchases I make are with money I have already earned.

It's so easy to spend past your means with credit cards. I have several friends that throw away so much money every month paying interest on big CC balances.

No. but if you go that route then you HAVE to save. There are is no "middle ground". One where you pay 20% on a credit card and also invest making 10% on your earnings. People have tried that and are the "shrinking middle class". It's a recipe to have a lower middle class life with "stuff' but no actual independent wealth and you spend our life working for banks and to pay bills.

This world is split in two. Those who LEND and make money, and then there are those who BORROW and lose it...and bitch about the "evil rich". You know, the people who decided they'd make money rather than pay it.

I love the people who have a credit card "just for emergencies"
...because when in the middle of an emergency there's nothing like spending money you don't have then compounding it at 18% month after month and making a bad situation worse.

>Pay rent forever
>spend our life working for banks and to pay bills.
I'm with >i'll take my free miles and low mortgage/interest rates all day

i don't have one ive payed for everything besides my car in cash.

the technical answer is no you don't need a credit card, however, you do need a credit history. and the easiest way to get that is with a credit card, get one with a low limit like 500$ that way even when your dumb ass maxes it (and you will) its not a life consuming amount, my credit score right now is mid 700s and I've only had a credit history for about a year now by doing exactly what i said, got one for $500 and maxed it at a convention in the summer. payed it off between then and now and im going to a convention in a few weeks and ill max it again and pay it off between then and the summer again, you do end up paying some interest but its worth it to have the buying power to buy things like a house later in life that will almost definitely grow in value and increase your net worth

Do not get a credit card to become good with money.
Only get a credit card if you are already good with money.

/thread

No. 30 here, and have only ever used my CC for Amazon (cause those faggots don't take Paypal cause "muh competition". Have fun not getting any customers in europe then

Yes, having credit is a must when getting a car, a house or a loan for an investment. Just make sure to pay it all on time and dont overspend.

>No