'Sup, Sup Forums. Been a very, very long time since I did one of these. Family's gone, and have the evening at home

'Sup, Sup Forums. Been a very, very long time since I did one of these. Family's gone, and have the evening at home.

LAPD Sergeant II, with 17, going on 18 years on the job. Here for any Q&A.

Other urls found in this thread:

rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/killer_instincts_when_police_become_judge_jury_and_executioner
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have you ever used your weapon?

what is the craziest thing have you seen somebody do?

Y UKiLL my bruTHa JaMal he wuz GoD KiD

HandZ Up donT shOoT

If you mean in an Officer Involved Shooting, only once. It was about 15-16 years ago, partner and I responded to a 7-Eleven robbery in progress. Suspect fired on us in panic when they saw us pull up and get out, we fired back in an equally blind panic. I think i hit some chips and some cans of soda.

Joe Friday?

Craziest things? I have a few actually:

People one the street - Saw a guy causing shenangians by sticking his dick into the 25 cent vacuum hoses you see at the gas station. He just didn't want to take his dick out of that thing in broad daylight.

Cop - Craziest thing I witnessed was pre-consent decree LAPD, when some of the old-breed cops would go out and fuck with the LGBT community by beating the shit out of them or wrecking their cars. It's one of the least proud things I've seen and never spoken up about.

Nice! It's the only stock photo I have of an LAPD badge, and Joe Friday's badge has always been saved on my computer.

How much is the LAPD involved in civil asset forfeiture?

Hope you get killed for this cunt.

Nice trips.

You ever find people fucking in public?

>doesnt know what he hit

you guys really are idiots

does black lives matter?

what's the best way to become a cop?

You kill nigros?

Why are you cops such whiney bitches?

You constantly cry that your job is super dangerous! Duh bad guise shootzin at meh!

Yet cops have been one of the most violent and corrupt gangs that America has ever seen.

Why are you such a bitch?

How easy is it to get away with murder.

its not a gang if its government funded

Very easy. Cops have no accountability.

I was young and dumb, wish I could go back and kick my own ass.

Funny enough, when my old FTO took me out to go gay bashing this was the biggest thing we looked for. Smashed broken glass all over gay people fucking in their cars.

Yeah, actual gunfighting is sheer confusing terror, and the guy surrendered almost as fast as he panic fired for me to find out how good my tactical "chops" REALLY are.

Tons, only because we are a huge mega-agency, hence more arrests, more opportunity for seizures, etc.

Nope.

>Why are you cops such whiney bitches?
No more than any other combat/danger oriented profession. You get people who bitch, whine, and politicize in any profession, law enforcement is no exception.

Then they're called Plumbers.

Suicide call. Get there too late. Details.

Just started LAFD drill tower. On my way to serve my city with you sir.

>implying you're any smarter now
Gonna pop a few shots at the next cop I see. Thanks for the motivation.

Hey I'm moving next to LA soon, victorville area. I'm gonna be making some money and I was thinking of building gadgets in my free time. If I build something cool for the LAPD like a directed triggered flash-bang system or like a surveillance robot or something like that can I give it to you guys. I was also thinking of a short range directed EMP so that you can disable a car in a high speed chase without hurting people.

My question is in 3 parts: Suppose a fellow officer youve know for sometime, is involved in situation where he knowingly fires upon an unarmed minority.

Do you condemn him openly?
Would you face hostility from your fellow officers for not participating in the "Blue Shield of Silence"?
If you didnt stand against him, openly, but did agree that he was in the wrong for his actions, why do you not openly do so?

Two words:
Thank You

Ever used drugs you've confiscated?

Whatever keeps that edge sharp man, good for you.

Easily the single biggest misconception about law enforcement to the public. As someone who has worked many years on the admin side, including administrating over patrol division officers, cops get reprimanded, punished, fired, and convicted for impropriety on a REGULAR basis.

>LA soon, victorville area
Different counties, son.

yeah, so? don't you want some sweet shit? I just want to see some cops faces light up with glee from some badass tech that might save lives and be cool as fuck to use.

Being able to pitch new equipment for a mega-agency dept like LAPD (or LASD or CHP to compare) is a political task in itself. Hope you have lots of crony hookups in the LA City Council.

No, however back in the day before weed was decrimnalized, I'd confiscate dub sacks, let the teens be on their way, and often time I'd give it to my friends who still smoked.

I'm extremely sympathetic to the 420 movement, as I was a pothead before I was a cop, and plan to be one again the second I retire.

Why don't you suck his cock while you're at it, faggot?

yeah but I'd be giving it to you guys for free. can't you just take what I give you?

>cops get reprimanded, punished, fired, and convicted for impropriety on a REGULAR basis
And yet cops continue to murder unarmed citizens with impunity.
rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/killer_instincts_when_police_become_judge_jury_and_executioner

The issue above was that cops have NO accountability. I was countering that it exists on a banal level and daily occurrence from the point of view of someone who actually WORKS in that world, and have personally reprimanded and fired my own officers.

If what you're presenting is the fact that SOME (not ALL, I'll even take MANY, just not MOST) police officers are tangled in issues that require further accountability, then I agree 100%

In mi country copa are a military branch

Sure, however it's the equivalent of trying to give a nice, fresh baked apple pie to someone like the Prime Minister of a foreign nation or our own President. It's a 100% nice and harmless gesture, yet you'll go through enough bureaucracy and poison testing that you'll wonder what the purpose was in the first place.

'cause you're doing enough cum guzzling around here for all of us, trap.
Dont like it? Come get sum motherfucker - Centralia, Wa - time and place little pussy
..or you just gonna sit back diddling yourself to another loli and play keyboard warrior?
Punk ass

best way to get away with a crime?

>best way to get away with a crime?
Easy answer, don't do it of course.

Serious answer? I'll use an example from when I was a patrol officer for 6 years: You'd be astounded at HOW many robberies and murders go unsolved on a regular basis, especially in a very large metropolitan area.

Before video surveillance was dirt cheap accessible, they were easy enough to defeat because you need huge equipment (cameras were those big types you see perched with a rectangular case, and of course VHS tapes and recorders). A lot of convenience store robbery homicides go cold because the suspect was quick and emotionless, in and out and killed everyone with no witnesses, no hesitation in destroying tapes, no time wasted.

When did you start browsing Sup Forums?
What other boards do you frequent?
Have you done drugs?

P2 checking in.

Thanks for being honest OP.
Most public servants find the need to embellish.

Sorry, forgot to answer these first bud.

1) If he knowingly, key word here is KNOWINGLY, then during the mandatory force investigation i mention that, no iffs ands or butts.

2) My fellow officers understand the the blue line of silence you speak of is meant to protect us during times of misinterpretation and before all the facts have been presented. Here, one very clear fact is presented and the officer did wrong, knowing he was in the wrong.

How badly am I breaking the law by keeping my car registered in another state even though I live in Detroit? Also, Detroit insurance is butt-fuck expensive.

>P2
Nice, how many years in? What areas have you worked?

I was a P2 in Rampart and Wilshire, was a P3 at 77th and Southworst back in the day.

lol, you're gonna kill some cops for the gays' sake? At least find a better reason than that

You seem like a good cop user. I approve.

How often do they get reprimanded for sex stuff?
>If I was a cop, 3 things.
1) Get free food
2)Get free BJs from hookers(or any willing who're for that matter)
3)Take money from fuckers who I know are going away for 5+ years.

>When did you start browsing Sup Forums?
I originally browsed Sup Forums since Sup Forums's inception. I'm a huge anime geek. Started browsing Sup Forums about 2007-8 or so, however Sup Forums is more fun than Sup Forums the last few years. I also frequent /k/, and /ck/, and /out/.

I've done every drug short of heroin and crack cocaine in my youth.

>tactical "chops"
>gunfighting is sheer confusing terror
>think I hit some chips and soda

You're a fucking clown. If you were trained at all properly with whatever weapon system you're using and had any confidence at all, it wouldn't be confusing terror it would be muscle memory.

Also, it's not a "combat oriented" profession.

You said yourself you've been in one shootout in 15 fucking years. Get real and stop whining.

You going to respond other user? He calling you out, hahaha.

I'm doing cocaine right now.

What are your personal opinions on drugs of varying "hard"ness (no homo).

How much do you hate black people?

if i was a cop i'd honestly be fucking guys in the ass instead of taking that free bj from a hooker. *sigh whatever floats yours i guess though

How often do you use your handcuffs on yourself/wife?

In the US, cops just like to pretend they're military with none of the weapons training, tactics, strategies, or actual danger.

Kys

It's a fine at worst. I doubt the DMV Investigators of the great state of Michigan gives two shits about you.

>How often do they get reprimanded for sex stuff?
Embarassingly, FUCKING OFTEN.

Every station posts every month, a public list of officers who have been reprimanded for unprofessional conduct. Of course, with today's cell phones and social media, it's not hard to find out within a few hours exactly how bad the offenses were in accordance to those names.

Most hilarious one from recent memory was an LAPD patrol admin (Sergeant 1) stalked some hot chick from Starbucks all the way to her house and he even knocked on her door, trying to "meet" with her in person over something completely unrelated. Unfortunately, this chick asked enough questions to find out how this motherfuckre even got her home address, which led to him confessing he got it via her license plate #, which in itself was searched on our shop computer, which led to proof of him getting caught.

Fuck off, retard. You watch too much TV.

Department position aside, what is your personal opinion on the drug war in America?

What part of that statement implied TV whatsoever?

I've been in plenty of firefights. And you are a poorly trained dipshit based on your assessment of the situation that you yourself described. If you're going to be mad at someone look in the fucking mirror. Clown.

I'd love to hear your Sunday Armchair Quarterback play by play, along with the rest of us Sup Forumstards.

>not combat oriented
If I said it was a combat job like the military, I can see where the chagrin would come from. Hence, my verbiage of "combat-oriented". What specifically causes you to believe it ISN'T? You're doing a 1.5/10 job of inciting a negative reaction here.

My personal belief is the war on drugs is a massive failure and needs to be abolished immediately.

Also, no I don't hate black people same way I don't hate all liberals, however I hate that vocal 5% minority that shits it up for EVERYONE.

How mentally retarded are you sarg?

Fag. But a cool one for abusing your power.

Hey sarg you wanna get me a job?

>hands out parking tickets for 20 years
>5 minutes out of 7,500 DAYS results in combat

>i totally have a combat-oriented job Sup Forumsros

Fuck outta here, bitch.

LOL. Are you an 11-Bravo or 0311~?

Please. Please tell us how your "experiences", with all of your ancillary support and the fantastic support of your fellow Marines/soldiers equates you to being the objective expert in combat affairs.

I've personally been a Field Training Officer in the two toughest stations in the entire department, Southwest and 77th Divisions, both are historically "South Central LA". During the early and mid 2000s, 77th Division was responsible for 45% of all homicides in the city, and was generally considered the single toughest police station in the COUNTRY.

I loved working with prior-infantry (lol, I won't even start with POGs), however one thing that ALWAYS caught them off guard was the high-tempo and constant danger they were throwing themselves into, being a patrol groundpounder. Their words, not mine, 77th was just as much a warzone as far as what was at stake and the importance of watching out for complacency.

Such events like occupy wall street showed and that fucking pipeline showed us how good ourban benevolent forces are doing

sure, kid.

What are your thoughts on being part of a system that deprives law abiding citizens of their second amendment rights? Like do you just follow orders? If the government of commie-fornia ordered you to search people in absolute violation of their 4th amendment rights, or to enforce cruel and unreasonable punishment in violation of the despite the 8th, or have different viewpoints that they make vocal and the government respond with legal repercussions in violation of the 1st, is it still just business as usual? Do you just always do what they tell you? Or is there a line where y'all stop your silly bullshit?

>i have no idea what i'm talking about, i'll just generalize what i hear and see from tv and movies

LAPD has very very strict division in patrol, traffic, admin, investigative, and specialized assignments. Logistically, think of us as a 10,000 person (sworn in of course) multi-billion dollar corporation and all of its complicated divisions and responsibilities.

LAPD patrol cops do NOT write tickets as a primary function of their daily duties. That is specifically delegated to the 4 separate patrol bureaus who share a sector of LA.

I've given a total of maybe 5 duis in 6 years of patrol, and was given an unofficial quota of 3 tickets a week, or roughly one ticket per shift, and that was only to show the watch commander we were doing our other "duties", and it was always that one asshole who runs a red light in front of a cop or does something else blatantly dumb.

Talk all the shit you want, are you actually able to respond with at least some anecdote to support your blind nonsense?

whaat? That might make me some things, but it aint no fag. Get your head outta your ass

"...WELL REGULATED..."

>What are your thoughts on being part of a system that deprives law abiding citizens of their second amendment rights?
That's a pretty loaded question, with some sort of unsubstantiated assumption on your part. Would you be surprised to know that I am an uncompromising Constitutionalist and I support the 2A, no exception?

Long answer short, NO. We wouldn't not BLINDLY follow orders to suppress the Constition and cause our communities to turn against us en masse.

However I think you're asking more do a lot of LEOs, or gov't servants in general follow arbitrary orders that don't immediately affect their lives, then yes.

why are most cops such dicks?

To your example of a stalker officer... How does this riff-raff even get through initial screening, much less actually make it up the chain of command?

Thanks for answering! And if i may reword the original statement scenario to read "...he fires on a minority that obviously posed no threat. I.E. in a leg cast 'fleeing', or some similar situation?"

Same way you hear about massive sex scandal cases in big corporations by higher-ups. Being good at your job and being a dumbass in your private life isn't mutually exclusive.

>We wouldn't not blindly follow orders to suppress the Constitution

Well. That sums up this dumb motherfucker. Next.

I have been arrested and taken to jail three times but I have a clean record due to the charges getting dropped every time. I want to be a cop, specifically a Chicago cop. It would be nice to advance past a beat cop.

Anyways, given my history do you think I have good chances? I hear Chicago PD has lower standards than most places and really need to hire people right now. I might join the marines and get a two year degree in law enforcement. But lets say I don't do that and I just start trying to become a police officer now, do I stand a good chance?

Great generalization and simplification again, however to satisfy your narrow-minded agenda, then sure. This job only requires a highschool GED to apply for, so if it satisfies your triggered bias that all government employees are mindless lemmings falling behind Nuremberg trial like fallacies to authority, then ok.

How long ago was it, how old were you, and what were the dropped charges? There are a surprisingly number of people who get hired even with a prior record, as long as there are no convicted felonies.

When did being a cop change from a noble profession for good men to something only pussies who got bullied or former HS popular kids who grew up and couldn't do anything else did?

What would it take for you to become "dirty?" $100K? $500K? $1M? $5M? $10M? Some grave threat to your family?

Have you ever been propositioned to go dirty? Not just a one-time bribe, but to full on protect a criminal.

>"...he fires on a minority that obviously posed no threat. I.E. in a leg cast 'fleeing', or some similar situation?"

It's the equivalent of a black baby mama who had a literal baby in her arms but a loaded handgun pointed at the police. She's in the wrong, she's getting blasted. Same thing with the copy, that's too blatantly off-policy, he/she will be spending many years in prison.

All three of them happened within a time from of a year, about 14 months to be exact. My last arrest was March, and I was 22 and 23, I'm almost 24 now. The charges were: domestic assault, that was the first one. I had to wear an ankle GPS thing to make sure I wasn't going within a certain distance of the house of the guy I had a nigga moment with. Second time, it was actually more than one charge. I got into a car accident high as a fucking kite. I opiates on me, and weed and dabs. I got a DUI and a felonious possession charge for the opiates. But everything was dropped. The third time, I got caught with a few grams of weed and bailed myself out a couple hours later with like 150 dollars.

>When did being a cop change from a noble profession for good men to something only pussies who got bullied or former HS popular kids who grew up and couldn't do anything else did?

Since the dawn of fucking time. You see TONS of different archetypes in the police biz, and you'll recognize most of them. The most common one of all though is the one you guys are most familiar with: The fact that most cops just want to do their jobs, do it right, not cause a commotion, get along just enough with their coworkers not to hate them or get hated on, and go home to their families.

>Have you ever been propositioned to go dirty? Not just a one-time bribe, but to full on protect a criminal.
Several times. Biggest bribe I was ever offered was $30k in cold hard cash. I didn't take it, and I arrested him on the spot.

I imagine some grave threat to my family would be the only way to coerce me into doing something dirty. Beyond that, no amount of money is worth looking over your shoulder when you have a family to care for and to lose.

Allow me to simplify. How do you feel being apart of a system that greatly infringes on the 2A? Not your personal viewpoints on the constitution. Also how do you feel about Trump?

714 was the badge number for Sgt. Friday on Dragnet. Great T.V. show but not a real cop.

>why are most cops such dicks?
I'll replace most with many, and then answer: The reason? Your good is as good as mine. I personally think the archetype of person who works for police is no different than any other workplace. You have a certain subset that is more vocal or extreme than the others, hence they're the ones who get noticed or become the gleaming face of the public. Most are just regular folks looking to do their job, not piss off anyone, collect a check, and go home to families.

>How do you feel being apart of a system that greatly infringes on the 2A?
It frustrates me as much as it frustrates you. On the other hand, I'm proud that I've been in a position where i can support my fellow Calgunners (I'm a life long Cali NRA and national NRA member) from stupid cops making arbitrary cases out of a traffic stop. I've went out in the field multiple times because I was the Sarge who knew about the mag/bullet button/AWB laws in this shitty state.

Trump will MAGA. That tell you where I stand?

I hate to say... you're probably shit out of luck for at LEAST a decade, and even then you better show examples of how every job you've had since then has led to you becoming a LEO.

Fuck, really? That sucks bro.. Might have to figure out a new plan..

are you saying that he can get in trouble for impersonating a fictious cop ?

look

By the way what exactly do you mean by LEO?

What's your view on Christopher dorner, what were you doing that day when he went on a rampage?

Fuck you cunt.

Law Enforcement Officer

I was a liasion attached to a Asian Crime and Syndication task force with other specialized investigative agencies. When that tactical alert was issued those few days because of Dorner, I was also sent out in the field as an auxillary patrol field supervisor.

While I don't condone what Dorner did for revenge, his story is not uncommon and is a huge problem that still exists with the LAPD. Like any huge organization, cronyism is cancer.