Why do they call replicants androids if they are totally biological? Or do they have metal skeletons or something?

Why do they call replicants androids if they are totally biological? Or do they have metal skeletons or something?

biologically synthetic

They weren't born, maybe?

They don't in the movie. Do they?

they only refer to them as terminators in the movie

>Why do they call replicants androids if they are totally biological?

All "android" means is "an automaton in the form of a man". No one ever said that robots had to be made of metal. Indeed, the "robots" of Karel Capek's RUR, the Czech science fiction play that coined the word, were essentially replicants, and Asimov once used the word "android" to describe a being that had a purely biological body but a positronic brain.

Did they have metal skeletons?
I assumed that's what made them so strong.

Yeah, where does the super strength come in?

well I doubt it was metal, but yes, probably somthing much lighter and more resillient. all of their tissue would have been stronger and better. more durable.

if deckard was a replicant then why did he get his ass kicked so easily and consistently by replicants?

he was the newest version. exactly like a human. he was finished being made literal hours before we see him being picked up. the first time we enter his apartment is the first time he enters it. Deckard was the future.

The androids in the Alien series arnt really metal either. We've sure seen them torn apart enough.

He's not.
Deckard is an old man in Blade Runner 2.

This

deckard was a replicant

it. doesn't. matter.

HGH at the inception of a biologically created human with a shelf-life of 5 years.

This shit isn't hard to understand unless you're a complete idiot.

I am the business, Mr.Deckard.

Exactly. Every time this comes up retards are ready with arguments on how either option supports the themes better, completely oblivious to the fact its irrelevancy IS the core theme. The film even spells it out.

>"She won't live you know. But then again, who does?"

Could Sup Forums pass the Voight-Kampff test?

Yes. Because if Sup Forums can do anything its empathise with greentext stories about frogs.

What's a tortoise?

I don't get the turtle thing

He's the "Just fuck my shit up" model

how could you fuck up most iconic quote from the movie

>2016
>still hasn't played Blade Runner the game