I work for one of Canada's largest communications providers

I work for one of Canada's largest communications providers.
#AMA faggots and I'll try to respond quick while I play BF1

do you work for one of canada's largest communications providers?

What one op I do aswell

Yes I do, thank you for asking.

Fuck you, OP.

- Canada

Is true, we really do not give a shit.

Why do Rogers Mobile sales dicks always lead off with "you get lower priority cell service" if you go with a second party provider, despite the fact that it is illegal (per CRTC) and simply false?

Not just them, Bell asshats say it too.

when i contact rogers, and ask for a cellphone... they tell me they're going to do a credit check.
Then i wait.
Then they tell me I win! and i get to have a cellphone.

Thing is, i declared bankruptcy in 2010. And have kept all my earnings under the table since then.

I have the worst credit imaginable. (i've checked online)

So what gives? Is Rogers not doing the credit check at all? Are they doing a half-assed one, against only their own records? Or do they have an insanely low requirement, on credit?

Gross enjoy using our towers in your cuck company

Because Rogers and Bell pay for the lines and towers, therefore if you are not a Rogers or Bell sub, you're a minority like a white guy down Jane/Finch.

Your credit rating doesn't matter. THey just flag the account as high risk. I've dealt with accounts that are over $1000 past due and they (you the customer) still have full working services.
What's pathetic is these "high-risk" customers don't have to put down any deposit or have pre-authorized bank payments yet for us employees, we have to submit to pre-authorized banking.

hmm. interesting.

Thanks. I've always been curious about that shit.

Fun analogy, however it is just a threat they seem to all use.

In reality, they can not prioritize native over second tier provider traffic. CRTC ruled this in 2008. Reason being, both companies received massive government assistance to build their networks in the first place, as nobody at all had any network. This gave them an illegal monopoly, but was deemed acceptable since no other companies could make a business case, unassisted, to set up a Canada-wide network. The conditions were, however, that after a set "first to market advantage period", which has now expired, they must provide unhindered, and reasonably priced, backbone service to smaller operators.

I used to think the CRTC was a bunch of Nazi's till I began working for Rogers, I learned that the CRTC is really on the customer side and Bell and Rogers are the Nazi groups.

CRTC is pushing all customers to file more complaints and threaten to cancel service more and more to get more service per dollar.

And don't fall for this "a la carte" bullshit - it actually costs more than regular packages.

Jane/Finch isnt as bad as it used to be, bleaker street and region park are both sketchier

been a long time since I been back there, no desire to ever go back anyway, not Toronto at least. But, this shithole I live in no better.

(not OP)
I dunno what the law is... But i'm with Fido, which is Rogers's bitch. and i get awesome reception everywhere i go. It's never been an issue. Been with Fido for like 15 years...

why is our canadian internet so bad

True, but still if you're say, a TekSavvy client and our lines are damaged in the area, we get our shit up and running first, then get to these 3rd parties whenever.

It's a monopoly, like oil. We have some of the largest reserves and still pay top dollar or sell it internationally for cheaper.

Do you get a discount since you work for them?

SaskTel for life :^)

Sure do.

Don't get me wrong, i love my job there. Great pay, some of the best benefits packages you could find in Canada. Hours suck but whatever.

Something that applies to any provider, go for the main services only, fuck that addon shit and "oh and you also get blah blah included for 2 years" cause it never works. Bitch about it and tell them you want it removed, they'll convince you it's free (and it is) but it's garbage, useless broken shit so keep bitching and save even five bucks off the bill.

Why should i switch from sasktel to rogers?

For wireless? Rogers network is highly unlikely to go down vs a small outfit. Most of Rogers worth comes is from wireless especially business.

But you can get better rates from the smaller guys

I work for telus on the west we fuck people too dont worry

50% right? Thats what i get at telus and koodo

What building do you work at?

yep. It's like making an extra buck and hour with the savings.

what is your coverage for rural areas though? ive heard that you only really cover big cities or towns

Roger. Bell sucks.

mostly big cities/towns, major routes. Strange Alberta looks to have the best coverage.

Bell is a bunch of smelly brown people who will cut your service off for a past due amount of 0.35 cents.

And Rogers/ Bell, coverage is near same.

Thats why i never use Bell.

when do you speculate that sasktel will go under and who do you think will buy them out?

What I can't stand about my job though is how it's made me hate people, the public, so much more.
Calling in because the TV is blank - and it's seriously because they didn't power the TV on.
Or their internet is slow - because they're using wifi and expecting Gigabit speeds.
Or their home phone has no dial tone - because they disconnected the phone box
Or their cellphone's battery is draining fast - stop installing shit apps that run 100% in the background.

Most issues are customer related issues that if they had an IQ over 34, all their "service" issues could be fixed in less than 10 minutes.

So, you make calls around Canada?

Yep, one day you could speak to me regarding your account(billing) or service(technical) as I do both and if you ask me stupid shit, trust me, I'm telling my coworkers what a fucking tool you are and will even find your FB profile to show them your smut face so we can point and laugh at it.