Has anyone traveled to Yucatan?

Has anyone traveled to Yucatan?

Other urls found in this thread:

hougansydney.com/whats-happening-in-haiti/black-mexicans-deported-from-mexico-for-looking-like-a-haitian-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used to live there for half a year.

Why would anyone travel to Yucatan anyway?

And in the state next to it (Campeche) for 18 years.

i did ayahuasca at the top of the chitzen itza and was guided into the astral plane by a phantasmal jackal.

he took me to his refuge that existed beyond space and time where we played xbox and sucked eah other off

so, do you like yucatan or is just a boring place to stay?

To be able to say "Look at those shitty pictures I took of that pyramid I was barely able look at because they're trying to preserve it as much as they can so they don't let tourists get too close to it but there's a small replica over there you can go to it's exactly the same thing stone for stone."

It's really this unimpressive when you think about it and if you think you're going to eat at some 5 star restaurant or sleep in some luxury hotel I have really bad news for you.

So fuck traveling to some south American country... especially during those time of turmoil over this part of the world where people are underfed to the point they're eating dogs.

fuck off mexcrement beaner yucatan is in fucking shithole mexico and stop trying to imply south americans are poor and hungry you fucking undercover bean

Actually i'm just a smart Canadian.

>So fuck traveling to some south American country...

Mexico is in North America.

Depends heavily on what you like/plan to do OP.

You are not so smarth huh?

Well fuck me... it is part of Mexico. It's so far south that it gave me the impression that it was at the far end of the southern part of central America at worst.

Geography was never my forte.

thanks dude, It makes me a very interesting place to visit

Quintana Roo (cancun) is also great and right next to Yucatan. I actually lived there for almost 2 yrs after college. The original plan was to do six months, but I way making it on $600 usd a month. Living like a local and working online.

You can hunt in the jungle, fish in the open ocean, and do the touristy bullshit. they pretty much have all major stores and restaurants if that is your thing.

Touristically speaking, there are plenty of places to sightsee, Merida (the capital of the state) has a wide range of cultural options if you're into that. The beaches are ok. Lots of cenotes (water holes/cave systems) if you're into that. The nightlife in Merida is ok, the people is not so welcoming to strangers (at a nightclub), but tourists usually have good luck scoring. Food-wise the area is awesome.

Merida is also pretty centric in the peninsula, you can grab a bus to Cancun (3 hours-ish) or Tulum. Or go to San Francisco de Campeche (capital of Campeche state) which is really nice too, one of the oldest cities, has a wall surrounding the old town and 3 forts to protect it from pirates, also quite a lot to see culturally speaking and awesome food.

You could also go to the Haciendas, which are in the middle of the jungle, most of them are boutique hotels or restaurants, worth the trip. Personal recommendation, Uayamon near Campeche.

Archaeologically-wise, there are hundreds of sites, literally. Not all of them are open to the public, and you can climb the pyramids, you just need to get a permit from the INAH (the anthropology and history institute) which I guess you could get if you stay long enough. I'd recomend to avoid Chichen-Itza because it's too damn crowded, you could go to Edzna in Campeche or Uxmal. If you can travel further south, try Calakmul, (around 70 km^2, more than 6000 structures found to date).

also, the law is somewhat lax. I eat a few of this.

>far end of the southern part of central America at worst.

That would be Colombia.

It's easy eating birds or whatever. Just pay the fucking bribe as they do throughout Latin America or any public official in India.

It's still fucking far south of Mexico. In fact it's so far south of Mexico that it kinds of doesn't invalidate my point. There's not even 3000 kilometers between Yucatan and Venezuela. I'm pretty sure that the economical turmoils hit them as well even if they're not the same country because people immigrate easily in this part of the world.

Im from merida.... What's up?

Not in the slightest, there's a lot of rich people in Merida for some weird reason.

Still, not Central America so your point is still invalid. That's quite funny you know, the biggest immigrant group in Yucatan lately are Canadians, how are the economical turmoils hitting you up there?

It's a state capital, that's quite expected. Also, Yucatan used to be quite rich before, but they fucked up during and after the revolution.

believe it or not Mexico doesn't like immigrants. South americans might look mexican, but their accents give them away. If they get detained crossing, they will strip them naked, and rob all their shit. Then they return their rags. Also, mexicans are fined if they get caught giving food and water to illegal immigrants riding the trains on their way to the USA.

And black/too dark mexicans are sometimes deported to Haiti. This is their own fucking people.

hougansydney.com/whats-happening-in-haiti/black-mexicans-deported-from-mexico-for-looking-like-a-haitian-

she was thinking I like to eat pussy but I cannot say that on tv