Which one of these 2 artists do you prefer and why?

which one of these 2 artists do you prefer and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71463477#p71473531
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BJORK ~ GRIMES

Bjork because she's a more talented musician with a cooler personality who makes better music

Bjork because she's a more talented musician with a cooler personality who makes better music

Kek why does Bjork logo look like a thrash band

Why does Grimes' logo look like it was done by a monkey

To be fair Bjork had many other logos. Google "bjork logo". I picked the one from the Post era.

No need to repeat the same thing like an autist.

No.

>what is the post count

get rekt and kys grimestard

that was weird. true, though

Bjork.
Better discography overall.

the actual artist

you did good Sup Forums

The one who isn't hipster feminist fanboyist bullshit. Fuck Grimes waifu fags

Bork Bork Bork

what a fucking embarrassing thread.
you whats giving mu a bad image
fucking travesty

>what is vpn
Fuck off, you fool no one, nitwit.

my dick

This one rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71463477#p71473531 ?

Björk's waaaay more talented +she's like a visionary, she doesn't make music, she discovers it

Grimes

grimes is still hotter

disgusting lena dunham type

excuse me for responding seriously but hey ho - kind of unfair comparison in that bjork has had a lot more time to become critically established/ canonised, it's very easy to just dismiss grimes because she's current and there's 24/7 waifuposting about her (although in the past i have seen many bjork threads that are just as embarrassing)

i do think homogenic is one of the best albums of the 90s, all her first 4 are very good (debut is perhaps a little underrated while vespertine a little overrated). i don't really care for anything else she did but i have a fuckton of respect for her as an artist for sure

art angels is easily one of my favourite pop albums of the last 10 years, and i have a lot of respect for grimes as an artist too. in a way that album is what i wish top 40 was - self written and produced, infectious but unique and quirky. visions is really good too but i didn't appreciate it at the time because the production felt like it was falling into a lot of the trappings of indie records at the time - insane amounts of reverb as a cheap way of making your pop music sound dreamy. i was able to appreciate it more having heard art angels and realising what a good songwriter she actually is.

anyway, the answer is bjork is obviously more 'important' in terms of her influence and certainly has more quality material under her name, but for all we know grimes hasn't peaked yet and i'm genuinely excited to see what she does next. massive respect to both of them for how they come across as both artists and as people

dumb post

whos paying you for this? I want %15

The best post ITT. Congrats user. The Bjork fanboys should take a break.

your copypasta game is garbage, go make a grimes waifu thread with all the K Poptards out there. I don't even listen to Bjork that much. I just really hate you grimelords and your blind fanboyism. If that is your favorite pop album of the last 10 years then you know jack shit about pop music.

B J Ö R K
J
Ö
R
K

>I don't even listen to Bjork that much. I just really hate you grimelords and your blind fanboyism.
Keep lying, Bjorkfanboy. Just admit it, you're mad because Grimes is the hot new thing that gets lots of attention while Bjork's best work is in the past.

Björk is the beautifulest. No other artist has been this influential despite not achieving considerable mainstream success. Björk is among the most eclectic, interesting sounds in contemporary music. It's what pop music should have always been. A combination of ideas that transcends genre and culture.
Grimes is a talented artist but hasn't achieved as much respect as Björk has. And I don't feel it's fair to compare her to Björk. They aren't very similar artists at all.

>a more talented musician

What is user trying to imply?

Bjork is too autist and needs all these friends to help her wow

>long post = copypasta
found the autist

>despite not achieving considerable mainstream success
a string of top 20 hits and 20 mil+ albums sales doesn't count as maintstream success?

SO I HATE GRIMES, THEREFORE I MUST BE A BJORK FAN
Great logic there pal. Whatever you need to fantasize about to cope with the fact that someone out there doesn't like Grimes.

Oh, and "hot new thing that gets lots of attention"? What fantasy world are you living in? I've never heard ANYONE outside of this shitty korean cartoon forum talk about Grimes.

Bjork is less talented than Grimes if she needs so many people to work for her albums. She's no different than mainstream popstars like Beyonce (except bigger input from her).

On the other hand, Grimes is an auteur, an authentic artist. The purity of her work is extremely high because very few people are involved in the creative process. I don't get why Sup Forums don't support the superior indie queen, Grimes, instead of a mainstream artist that already got tons of praise and she's on the way of retirement.

>I've never heard ANYONE outside of this shitty korean cartoon forum talk about Grimes.
Great logic there pal. You didn't hear that, so it doesn't exist.

At least SOMEONE would be talking about it outside of mu. Even on other websites, but no. Silence. So yeah, silence isn't music ya dope lolol

HAHAHAHAH nice b8 m8 i responded 8/10
>the purity of her work
best line lmao

this

lay off the red bull, kid. have a banana next time instead

>I've never heard ANYONE outside of this shitty korean cartoon forum talk about Grimes.
i went to her show and it was packed with disgustingly young, attractive normies. like pretty much everyone was hot, in the 16-18 age range and with friends. never felt so out of place in my life.

>HAHAHAHAH nice b8 m8 i responded 8/10
Not an argument, sore loser.

>doesn't care about medulla
opinion discarded

BTFO!

sorry, it's a really cool concept but the end product just doesn't captivate me

it is the bjork album i've tried most with

> shit vs. piss

How about neither?

wow, you sure showed all those fools haha!

You produce both of these things, like it or not.
>How about neither?
So, you picked death.

if we're thinking of visions and art angels as grimes first two "real" records, i'd say that they don't really hold up compared to debut or post

although i definitely agree that grimes hasnt reached her full potential yet, id say bjork was doing much better stuff at the same point in her career

Nobody would ever idolize Grimes in that way. That's like saying Lena Dunham is a saint and takes showers. Or that somebody would be attracted to an ape. It's just not true.

>i'd say that they don't really hold up compared to debut or post
What? They're much,much better than Debut and Post (these 2 have quite a lot of filler).

Bullshit. People that like Grimes, like her for what she is, not an idealized version. That's why she inspires so much devotion. She's real.

the good stuff on art angels is great, but it definitely has some filler. easily, belly of the beat, laughing and not being normal, and life in the vivid dream literally sound like unfinished tracks (although belly is still a really pretty melody to be fair)

california and scream aren't really filler, but they are weak and misguided (especially scream). every other track is fucking great, but i have listed nearly half the album here

i disagree, but even if that were the case, i still feel like bjork was innovating more and really pushing the boundaries of pop music.

i guess you could make the argument that grimes is doing the same thing, albeit through the finetuning of pop rather than the deconstruction of it.
i like bjork more either way lol

meant to respond to this uwu

>easily, belly of the beat, laughing and not being normal, and life in the vivid dream literally sound like unfinished tracks (although belly is still a really pretty melody to be fair)
What? These are perfectly good songs as they are. Btw laughing and not being normal is an intro, so it shouldn't be mentioned by default.

>pretending to know a person you've never met before

Good luck with that virgin

>projecting
Dude, I meant from the point of view of her artistry. She's a real artist. Why the fuck do you think about relationships and stuff?

You used words like "devotion" and say
>like her for what she is, not an idealized version

how do you know who she is? can you truly a know person just from their music? I never got the impression you were talking about her "artistry" or whatever. It's just a little autistic to assume you know somebody that you've never spent any real time with.

Emily Haines.

meme

Neither, Tujiko Noriko is the real GOAT.

Good post.

bump