Why do all normies love this soundtrack so much Sup Forums?

Why do all normies love this soundtrack so much Sup Forums?

It's ok but doesn't fit the medieval theme of GoT in my opinion, also way too dramatic.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9PXLTLuuSE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXpDmDGOG9w
youtube.com/watch?v=w66tb27qxwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Jkl6FqLE-C0
youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb0k9HgQxc
youtubedoubler.com/iFUg
youtu.be/XAOzMs9HbWg
youtube.com/watch?v=b3b7fZIT0nk
youtube.com/watch?v=t6VMSYIXCCY
youtube.com/watch?v=1X9M7XxeIWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because normalfags are brainless morons who will at up any form of media. All they care about is action and explosions because they are simple concepts that don't involve in depth thought or consideration.

Idk I live streamed the finale and I honestly thought someone was fucking with the music it was so bad and outta place

Eh, I liked the buildup and the faint GoT theme going on.

this

that song was retarded

Because it was different than the soundtrack in the rest of the seasons. The music being special and the editing being slower signalises that shit is about to go down. Also it's the final episode of a TV show with a lot of viewers, it can't be too dramatic. They could also have done it more medieval (whatever you associate with that) but it was not a necessity.
On the topic of strange soundtracks: Check out The Knick's soundtrack, that was a bold choice that turned out to be perfect.

this
I liked how most of the final episode could've been watched with the dialogue on mute and you could still understand what was going on

The song is overrated and there's a lot of awkward standing around by the extras in the Sept, but I still enjoyed the attempt at the whole buildup and some of those shots. Hell, the CGI isn't even that great during this scene, but all that bullshit was worth Marge's death stare, HS's "i dont goofed" face, the shot of the floor of the Sept rising up in green flame, and Cers's expression changing from relief to self-satisfaction.

I was waiting for this moment all season so I guess I'm biased.

Thank you, if there's something to criticise it's that there are many scenes that rely too much on dialogue. Although it's understandable, their budget is limited after all.

I agree with this fellow and their thoughts Knick's soundtrack as well.

>meanwhile these contrarian faggots will say Refn has good soundtracks

I like it. fight me.

does it get tiring, deciding to you don't like something because it's popular

I was hoping they'd stick with Rains of Castamere only.

Only fitting part of the song is when the vocals kick in, the piano is just jarring because we've never really heard something similar in GoT

since i watch Game of thrones on 2x speed with music of my own playing I never heard it with the scene but i'm digging this soundtrack

>the piano is just jarring
And by being jarring it hypes viewers for the big bangs to come.
>Mission Accomplished

The strings are more appropriate than the piano for the show but I think it's decent.

>Light of the Seven
Great name for the track with how it fits into the episode. The track itself is pretty meh though desu, and I also think you're right that the composition doesn't fit particularly well with a medieval setting.

the issue is that pianos literally didn't exist until around 1700, WELL into the Renaissance.

so plinky-plonky piano in a show which had mostly stuck with strings (that aren't associated with any time period even though they're only 100 years older) felt wrong on an unconscious level.

There is an impending doom feeling about it.

I was just thinking that this is, so far, the only good soundtrack in the entire show

I get chills when I watch this stare. I've watched this scene 40+ times now, I can't stop myself.

You guys must've blew your shit when the music played after Jamie got his hand cut off then. Anyone got screenshots of those posts?

I'm still mad about that, what the fuck were they thinking

Fuck you I liked it. The Phillip Glass part at the end was weird though

I loved the music choice but the problem was my torrent was fucked up and started playing the music before his hand got chopped off
but yeah, I remember the asshurt

it would have had the same effect with a more appropriate instrument, say a lute or something.

>Only period appropriate instruments may be used in the soundtrack
Literally the most autistic thing I have ever read.

Relevant:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXpDmDGOG9w

The track is god-tier. I really don't see how anyone could hate Light of the Seven

>didn't read your post lol xD

What do you mean?

is this picture from the warcraft movie?

It sounds ok but nothing spectacular. Is this so amazing and/or attention-catching by American TV standards and that's why everyone is freaking out?

I wonder, how do you call this shade of green, fel green?

>westerosians can make wildfire and boats and shit but somehow can't make pianos and organs

nice logic op

Should have went with heavy metal desu senpai.

Here's your +1, my good fellow.

>westerosians can make wildfire and boats and shit but somehow can't make pianos and organs
>nice logic op

greek fire & boats were invented thousands of years before the piano?

GoT is in no way historical, its Feudal fantasy. Piano may not fit the Middle Ages, but its European and normies don't care

the track by itself isn't too special but combining it with the visuals made it legitimately great

Also it was pretty great once the strings started. The only jarring thing was when it was piano only

wildfire is way more complicated than Greek fire. it actually has explosive and expanding properties. the boats were half ironic. you don't even see some the types of boats you see in the show infill the 1600s so it isn't horribly off

I like the track, its good, but the final 40 seconds of "lets play a game" is better, much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=w66tb27qxwI

kek'd

This - I wouldn't call the piano "jarring" but it doesn't fit the world musically as well as the later parts of the song.

fuel for the fel

Is that green shit supposed to be wildfire? That looks awful

Anyone else thing the music was too loud?

I don't understand why the High Sparrow walked towards her with that face like he knew he was about to die.

I really liked the track but I agree that the piano was a bit jarring

I feel like they should've replaced it with some other string instrument, but it's hard to say that the track would sound as nice, since the piano is the main instrument

Why did season 2's wildfire look so much better? I thought the show had a bigger budget now.

>I've watched this scene 40+ times now
Do you ever leave your mom's basement?

It was at night CGI always looks better at night

/thread

Darker scene
easier background to clash into

Its honestly why I enjoyed the Witchers OST. Pianos just shouldnt be in everything

>A bear there was, a bear, a bear! all black and brown, and covered with hair.
>guitar solo

I think the wildfire CGI has always been pretty shit

There was a preview on tv for the Knick that included really fast visuals and that Cliff Martinez pulsating electronica. It got me to watch the show merely because of how intense it was.

Medieval Gregorian Chants were pretty emotional desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jkl6FqLE-C0

youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb0k9HgQxc

This actually fits way better

youtubedoubler.com/iFUg

Give it a shot lads

cool, forgot how good that soundtrack is, needs longer scene though

>Arya removes mask
>It Ain't Me starts playing

fucksake

No, that's a pretty basic thing he said

Don't play chinese riffs or ACDC during a holocaust drama or dubstep in a War and Peace adaptation

What about Electronica in early 1900?

Rock music in ancient Rome?

never saw that one, i assume it's bad (if not some minimalist kraftwerk styled thingy)
this one is just terrible

Nice user, very nice
HOWEVER

It's supposed to not fit, to keep you thinking something's not right through the whole buildup of the scene. I like how the cellos kick in halfway through to put you back on familiar ground.

The Knick is GOAT. It's a beautifully crafted work.

High Sparrow just realized he fell for his own ruse, he was too blindly arrogant to see the trap laid out right before his eyes.

>youtu.be/XAOzMs9HbWg

This one scene in Season 4 had more depth and meaning than the entirety of Seasons 5 and 6.

What about gangsta rap in medieval vatican scenes? What about Manu Chao in Vikings?

Or spicy caliente salsa music in ancient Samurai tales?

Seriously, I got to know every little rule now? When does it stop?

And if I shit on a plate and serve it to you at a restaurant you aren't really going to eat it just because the chef says he meant to do it.

You're the only one seeing shit in your plate, user.

>shit music
>plenty of people complaining it's shit
>You're the only one seeing shit in your plate, user

to be fair, Sup Forums sperged out harder than this when that happened.

Did you all forget the punk rock song that plays in the credits of the episode where Jaime gets his hand cut off?

I thought it was terrible and didn't git the episode, but whatever. got is a terrible normie show.

yeah even normies went "lol wut, fucking dumb, dont put kings of leon after a hand was cut off"

>I hate good things

It's not a great song by itself, but it went perfectly with the scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=b3b7fZIT0nk

That's shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=t6VMSYIXCCY
youtube.com/watch?v=1X9M7XxeIWY

Anyone know what the music was that played when it cuts from Baby Jon to adult Jon?

People commented that it's a common motif in the show but I don't remember what played in that bit

>I think bad things are good

I just rewatched this scene and its honestly the greatest sequence ever made for tv, stop being such a contraraian faggot

It is so uncharacteristic for game of thrones it hurts.
Taken out of context, it might be a great scene. But it just simply doesn't fit into game of thrones.

ur mum wouldnt fit the throne

>Retards like these think their opinion is worth shit
Are you a musician?
Have you ever directed an scene from a movie or show?
Do you have a job involving Game of Thrones?

No? Thought so.

>it was weird and out of character for cersei to vomit on her own pussy doing the sounds of the pacman's ghosts. Nothing like that happened for 6 seasons

"are you a GoT writer buddy? Have you ever written for anything? No? Thought so"

And they didn't have violins in the middle aged either, but you autists don't care about that?

I'm convinced that I've heard the tune before somewhere else. Either in an actual piece, or from another movie.

> the real intellectuals post on Sup Forums

seriously? no one?

it's rains of kashmir, user

>>doesn't fit the medieval theme of GoT
>organ church music