Is "le violin is too hard xdd" just a meme?

Is "le violin is too hard xdd" just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4IyBP2RiGrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bNVwraoJ18Q
youtube.com/watch?v=uXp-x_QCKvs
youtube.com/watch?v=vmrDxvYrvw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

been trying to play a viola someone gave me, but it won't stay in tune. Anyone know how to keep the pegs from slipping constantly?

Super glue

are you pulling my leg? seems bad, what happens when you need to change strings or re-tune?

I keep several violas for different tunings

Push the pegs in after tuning or just use the fine tuners

well it requires extreme precision and the smallest error can sound horrendous but no instrument is "too hard"

violin players earn a fortune doing session work too

Why don't you just swap out the necks?

No, learning curve is kinda steep at the begging, so to start not sounding like complete shit you need lot of practice. No frets, also you need much more finesse because the distance between half tones is really small unlike a cello. Also, you need to learn how to bow first. Id say is way harder than any other non meme string instrument.

fine tuners should be near the bridge

violin is not very hard you just need to actually play it which is the hardest step for 90% of mutants

how hard are bowed instruments to learn for a good guitarist who has been playing a couple of decades?

>well it requires extreme precision and the smallest error can sound horrendous
That only applies to orchestra music, it's not like that's the only thing the instrument is goof for

youtube.com/watch?v=4IyBP2RiGrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bNVwraoJ18Q
youtube.com/watch?v=uXp-x_QCKvs

easy, just don't treat it like a guitar

Left hand should be easy but you'd still need to get used to bowing techniques

>violin is not very hard

To play nursery rhymes maybe. It's (inc. the family) widely regarded as one of, if not, the hardest instrument to learn, there's multiple elements that all require regular dedicated practice.

okay

>there's multiple elements that all require regular dedicated practice.
like what

if you just dedicated 20 minutes a day you would be pretty decent after a couple of weeks

>left arm strength
>finger independence
>pitch visualization (there's a bunch of different techniques for this alone)
>pinpoint fretting with no guidance and at the correct angle
>transitioning to and from weird voicings incredibly quickly
>perfect weighted and angled bow strokes

Just a few disciplines and you need to be competent in all of them and more. Not hard my ass.

>>left arm strength
>>finger independence
>>pitch visualization (there's a bunch of different techniques for this alone)
>>pinpoint fretting with no guidance and at the correct angle
>>transitioning to and from weird voicings incredibly quickly
>>perfect weighted and angled bow strokes

it's more 'tedious' than hard. I learned most of that in half a year

Xd

cringe

I just noticed what he's wearing, what the fricc

Okay user lets hear your perfect intonation then. I want to hear your perfect intonation that you developed after only half a year.

the fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=vmrDxvYrvw8

Family friend playing (ignore the shit in the video).

If you can play both pieces flawlessly after just half a year I'm all ears. But I know you can't, these are professional musicians who've mastered their instruments and it took decades of hard work and study, not half a year.

No offence but I don't believe you're a very good player by the very fact you're arguing this. Ask any bowed string, pianist, brass or woodwind professional how long it took them to learn to a decent standard and you'll be amazed.