Nope

Nope.

No.

This is not good, this is stupid.

Nice critique, make sure to submit it to your RT entrance qualifications, you'll fit right in.

I saw it because my local theater had it in 70mm and I decided to finally see it. It was alright, and those rotating shots were indeed cool, but I don't think i can fully appreciate the movie due to how much has changed in terms of film between now and its release.

It was precisely at this moment that op realised he did not actually like film as an artform.

ok so you reviewed it at age 12.

try again in 10 years and come back and post results.

please shut up. Just because a movie looks nice doesn't mean it's actually good because it has dumb nonsense like space babies.

I know right, who the fuck wants to cosplay as a baby/alien or whatever? LOL

>Just because a movie looks nice doesn't mean it's actually good

Are we talking about Prometheus now?

it's alright OP. Just stop coming here and posting your retarded threads if you're too stupid to understand an entry-level art film

what happened to confused Matthew?

I got the impression the guy was force evolved into a "perfect" being, and the perfect being would have no reason to age or advance beyond its fetal state. Thus, space baby

But I watched it for the first time last year so what do I know

What do you mean? People always say "2001 was good for its time". Besides some opening space shots and ship effects, everything about it totally holds up today. The lighting and simple clarity of the picture is astounding, and the effects at the end look fine

All it represents is that a rebirth took place. None of that...

>movie starts with apes
> monolith force evolves them
> movie ends with the the result of that forced evolution meeting another monolith

Pretty fair to assume as much.

Why do ideas scare you so much?

Every time we encounter a monolith an evolution takes place.

Evolutions: Apes -> Man -> Space Age -> True AI -> Conciousness transcending matter

It's a very straightforward film

It holds up if you can appreciate what it is. People that say it was good for its time mean "I didn't like it, but maybe that's because it's old?.".

Agreed. It honestly look like dialog directly taken from some Zack Snyder's piece of shit

I was talking about effects and the overall look of it, and was assuming those that said that were as well. The movie has aged very well

The force evolved thing is correct, the baby is about the rebirth imagery as you say though

Actually I liked the opening space shots the most, its the goofy ass laser light show at the end that seems out of its time, the space shots + blue Danube was goat kino.

>force evolved into a "perfect" being, and the perfect being would have no reason to age or advance beyond its fetal state. Thus, space baby
how the fuck does this make sense to you

Not that user, but I'll try to explain to you as I see it.
It's basically as said, evolution into conciousness transcending matter and fetus represents that pretty well. It doesn't really feel hunger, because it constantly feeds on it's mother. It does not feel pain, cold, hot, because it flotas in womb at constant temperature. It's every phisical need is taken care of non-stop which allows it to be as close of being pure thought as you can get as a living creature.

Agreed.
I didn't even finish it because it was so fucking boring.
Nice visuals though.

>tfw fully understand the movie and still don't like it

Okay then

Whatever happened, I hope he never comes back. Assuming that he doesn't post, any more. I don't know, I stopped watching him when he reviewed 2001.

I think its the evolution bit that irks me (technicalities aside). If it has no needs what motivation does it have to even do anything, I think its similar to a omnipotent god, in that if you were all powerful what motivation would exist to accomplish anything and if you did have motivation wouldn't you have already done it.

So I just dont see it as advancing really. I guess he can ponder the universe or whatever but meh.

Bane?

haha holy shit, he's bane posting like a mad man! big guy uuuu! hahaha really good memes

I bet your next move is to want to call me a hothead you predictable faggot

DELETE THIS

Was getting triggered PART of your plan?

haha he's doing it again!
crazy!
oh shit I forgot "OFF CHORUSH!"

holy shit he's a cool mother fucker!

wait wait lemme try one "do you MEME in charge?"

I got another!
>So you came back to meme really shitty?
>I came back to big guy 4U

hgahaha what an interesting and cool guy you are! lmao! You're not a sad autist at all!

It's like an onion user. Its a rebirth of the character. It symbolizes being returned to a completely impressionable, vulnerable, and innocent state. Showing that, in terms of evolutionary potential, mankind is still in a period of gestation. Allusion to earth itself, a big delicate blue sphere floating in space. Showing how alien humans themselves can be.

its a great visual metaphor and it's iconic because it says so much with something as simple as "Space Baby."

>Based rugby.
>Cricket. Can't forget about that stupid fucking "sport."
>Quidditch.

This flick only became popular due to hippies watching it for the light show while they dropped acid.

It's rubbish for wankers who like to be told what is classic so they don't have to think for themselves.

>Based rugby.
But you fucking suck at that as well. Didn't even get out of the fucking pool stage last time around.

Yes, the piss poor hippies made the kino popular. Why don't you literally kill yourself and your family upstairs?

How can one man project so hard

I thought we were just talking about times england got btfo hard in a sport they invented.

DELETE THIS

Ah, my bad.