>that cast
>that release date

Confirmed flop

>Western robot shit that isn't RobotJox

>nobody asked for

Confirmed for new.

is del taco directing?

>no pacific rim VR game

They're going to capture one of the Kaiju and tame it. Then it will fight along side Boyega and probably sacrifice itself to save him.

Will Elba's soul inhabit Boyega's E̶v̶a̶ Jaeger?

>not a prequel
>will never get to see the canadian jaeger in action
>will never get to see more of that russian jaeger

I still find Pacific Rimjob to be the biggest shit-tease of all time. I wanted crazy robot/kaiju fights and all i got was some interracial drama and a retarded ending. Tons of awesome robots set-up and killed off. Dropped rofl

>feburary
>staring the guy that is about to get cut from star wars because he's a huge dick

YIKES

Why do the jews put niggers in everything

its like they hate money

but they dont

why does the world have to be so complicated

>Studios browse Sup Forums to see what the fat virgins, who pirate all their movies, want a sequel for

Go on

>there will never be a pacific rim/godzilla crossover
>jaegers righting along side godzilla

>2018

No one cared one year after it came out, no one will care then.

Amerifats need their own robot anime too, I guess.

>tfw you stopped smoking weed last year
what's the point in seeing this now

>>staring the guy that is about to get cut from star wars because he's a huge dick
?

>reminder that pacific rim got BTFO by that adam sandler movie

Transformers will still be superior.

Seems a little forced to shove Boyega in here. Like the studio thought "there's no way we can release Pacific Rim 2 without some young star power, lets' get that nigger from the new Star Wars, people like him right?"

I mean, shoehorning in his character and saying he's Elba's son that was conveniently NEVER FUCKING MENTIONED AT ALL IN THE FIRST MOVIE, but from a studio standpoint, I see why they did it. It's still fucking stupid though.

>Amerifats need their own robot anime too, I guess.
What is transfomers

what would you have done instead?

>Seems a little forced to shove Boyega in here
He's a terrible fucking actor too, which is what I don't understand.

It isn't like Pacific Rim is the pinnacle of filmmaking, but even so he lowers the bar quite a bit.

No hes not you giant faggot

You're gonna have to source that last one, brah.

It really makes you wonder why he raised that little chink girl

cast the film with all chinese actors, models and pop singers and filmed it in mandarin. dubbed it into english for the US release where it will barely make 30 mil total anyway.

I'll never understand the love for Pacific Rim here. It's just so boring and the kaiju and robots appear to have no real weight behind them.
It just feels so, for lack of a better word, souless.

Probably just have it as a continuation of Charlie Hunnam and Mako's characters. Just bring back the original cast and focus more on the other pilots. Like how they introduced Crimson Typhoon and all that but didn't utilize them at all, just one fleshed out fight with the other characters would improve it significantly.

If you needed to make it a new generation kind of thing, then I'd say make it Mako's son/daughter instead, but cast a decent unknown. That's why I don't particularly like the Boyega casting because it seems like it could be very easy to distance yourself too far from the source for the sake of having a vaguely more recognizable actor that most people don't give a fuck about anyway. It also is just transparent as fuck but I trust Del Toro enough as a producer to make sure it's not shit.

>Film relying on foreign market
>Feature a negro prominently

Exactly. It makes no goddamn sense, the point of him taking in Mako when she was little always felt like a combination of his sense of responsibility and the fact that he didn't have any kids or a family of his own as he literally never made any mention of it and he's fucking dead now

So that's just a little retarded.

no

Transformers is just a cacophony of CG and visual noise that adds up to nothing. Pacific Rim at least attempts to have an anime-like plot, even if it's mostly embarrassing.

he's black. he had kids everywhere. just because he didn't care about them or pay for their upbringing doesn't make them nonexistant. boyega will have some emotional ark regarding his absentee daddy issues no doubt.

>over a year and a half away

just die in my sleep

i really liked the first one but if del taco's not directing i think i'll just stick to rewatching my chinese gundam shows for big robots thanks

>del toro won't be directing this
wow, that sort of just killed any hype i had for this movie
any news of his at the mountains of madness project or is that dead in the water

Fucking Del Taco, man. I think he's a good director, but he always does this. Announces 1341684651 different projects only to cancel over half of them. And I don't know about Mountains of Madness but it wouldn't surprise me if that was dead too.

Change mandarin to cantonese, stick tony jaa in it, get stephen chow to direct and you got yourself a good movie.