How do you start making your own music

How do you start making your own music
do you just take a shit on a keyboard until it sounds good? I don't understand

Other urls found in this thread:

musictheory.net/lessons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you don't know music theory then yeah, that's what it's pretty much like.

how the fuck do I produce music DAWs are so expensive and daunting

I knew how to compose music when I was 5 or 6, but I can't do anything now.

just express your feelings and visions in sound

i "learned" theory from musictheory.net/lessons and i still just take shit on the piano roll until it sounds good (which is very rare)

what the FUCK am i doing wrong

you yell bad words even in text? you're a cool dude

pirate one and learn music theory, if you you're just making music as a hobby no one cares that you're using pirated shit. if you want to make it career then buy it.
get cheap ass midi keyboard

just practice and look up some tabs on the internet nigger

>just express your feelings and visions in sound
what am i gay?

take drugs and swallow cock

good communication skills, desu - he made you know exactly HOW he said what he...said ;)

you sound drunk user

Hello Claire!

No, anhedonic or born sociopathically retarded.

i'm watching you

I want to make it a career. If I buy a DAW and a MIDI keyboard I feel like I'm gonna get overwhelmed and quit, and I have no money, I can't find a job.

speak for yourself

All the best music I make comes from not thinking. It's like speaking in tounges

What I would say is the main mistake that beginners (and sadly tons and tons of professionals) make is lack of a clear direction, so you end up with meandering notes and chords that go nowhere. A good melody is one that knows in which direction it's headed. The same goes with harmonic progressions as well, but that takes a bit more explaining.

First you need to be able to play an instrument. You will learn music theory along the way. A good teacher will teach you the basics of composition.
Composing without ability to play nor knowledge of composition is never a good idea. It will take more time to do so than if you new music theory, and it will do nothing to further your musical skills.

Enjoy being a subhuman.

i never did anything wrong

You're replying to bait.

user that hurts

what the fuck is your problem

Youtube is your friend

you're a fucking retard.

is the only person who is right here. the rest of you should drink a bleach cocktail.

just pirate one and if you ever have enough cash buy it, not like anyones gonna find out

all you need to understand is key. if something is out of key, it is not musical. aside from that, it is mostly practice and making songs over and over again.

>I don't understand anything other than key therefore it's the only thing that's important
There plenty of ways to make things sound MORE musical by including notes from other keys. Diminished chords, secondary dominants, major/minor chord substitutions etc.

see