Metallica are objectively better than Radiohead

Metallica are objectively better than Radiohead.

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/politics/gays.html
scaruffi.com/quotes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't like metallica, but it's true

radiohead is just another tumblr-core band

Kill 'Em All gets an 8/10 but And Justice for All gets 7/10? Is this ironic?

I agree, you'd have to be underage or ultra pleb to unironically like Radiohead.

why do people cite scaruffi, even ironically? the dude clearly doesn't have any kind of mastery or serious knowledge of any of the art he purports to review, any random user with a thesaurus and consistent internet access could shit out a site identical to scaruffi's

>Kid A 6.5

that's the meme dude, anyone could do it he's just the guy that did it

but don't some people take him at least semiseriously?

>the dude clearly doesn't have any kind of mastery or serious knowledge of any of the art
so you mean a radiohead liking tumblrina like you has more knowledge about art?

i probably do know more about art, yeah, but i actually dont really like radiohead

I don't like Radiohead, but is "Radiohead are Tumblr music" your best argument? Are you retarded or 12 years old?

>I have more knowledge of music than a guy whose current jazz lists contain a total of 1591 albums ranked

>A guy who googles an album, maybe listens to it one time and then ranks it arbitrarily actually commands a sophisticated knowledge of each and every one

>objectively
How do you figure?

>I don't like Radiohead
>being triggered by my post

sure you don't like Radiohead
>>>/tumblr/

Well, what instrument does Scruffy play? How long has he been studying music theory?

>RtL lower tham MoP
Scaruffi confirmed pleb

>Load and DM have The Same rarings as The Bends and AMSP
OH wow

>old retarded grandpa's reviews

good op

I thought people use this argument ironically

[citation needed]

That's a p good score.

>the dude clearly doesn't have any kind of mastery or serious knowledge of any of the art he purports to review,
What is this supposed to mean? Do you have to be a master of the fine arts to share publicly your opinion on pop music? He's very clearly listened to a lot of it, so I think he is in some way qualified to tell us all his opinions on it.

Oh, I'm not triggered. This is rather amusing. You call out someone else on having to artistic knowledge, and then you go ahead and say Radiohead are crap because they are Tumblr music. You have any idea how many layers of irony that is?

>I'm not triggered
>still replying

Sure you don't like Radiohead
>>>/tumblr/

subarashiiiii

>I thought people use this argument ironically
Like the "tumblrina" argument?

Answer the question

no offense dude im on your side but the phrase "rather amusing" or stuff like "actually im quite amused by all this" etc makes me cringe super hard, friendly advice to do away with it moving forward

>Ride the lightning better than ....And Justice For All

opinion invalid.

tumblrinas are not welcome on Sup Forums therefore radiohead fans should leave

I thought people use this argument ironically

>death magnetic
>6/10

that was surprising

nope you just got memed on kid

pretty sure they don't

damn how can i recover from this

Wow. That's embarrassing.

you don't it's over kys

This website has the most annoying fucking users.

t. tumblrina

this post amuses me

idk it just feels like the verbose equivalent of "hehe" to me. Like it comes from the
"mere mortal, you've walked into my trap" school of internet debate, but everyone can feel free to use it if that's what theyre trying to communicate

But Metallica is better than Radiohead

t. non musician

>projecting

I don't think you know what projecting means

you was supposed to go back to tumblr

Is he /ourguy/?
scaruffi.com/politics/gays.html

>Personally, i think that banning polygamy is a ridiculous idea (i have not found a single study that shows any problem with an extended family raising children, whereas i found plenty of studies showing problems with single parents raising children), and i fail to see why a 17-year old can have sex with a 14-year old but a 19-year old goes to jail for the same act (and, for that matter, i would be much unhappier if my underage daughter or sister had sex with a teenage junkie than with a mature, responsible, clean and honest 30-year old man, or with a 70-year old Nobel Prize winner).

What did he mean by this?

>RTL - 8/10
>MOP - 7/10
>AJFA - 7.5/10

Fixed that for you

The rest I don't give a fuck about

He meant that "Personally, i think that banning polygamy is a ridiculous idea (i have not found a single study that shows any problem with an extended family raising children, whereas i found plenty of studies showing problems with single parents raising children), and i fail to see why a 17-year old can have sex with a 14-year old but a 19-year old goes to jail for the same act (and, for that matter, i would be much unhappier if my underage daughter or sister had sex with a teenage junkie than with a mature, responsible, clean and honest 30-year old man, or with a 70-year old Nobel Prize winner)."

Scaruffi rates albums that push the boundaries of rock music higher than albums that do not; if an album is more of the same of an album previous, it gets a lower score.

It's really weird to me that Sup Forums seems to purposefully misunderstand Scaruffi, his website, reviews, scores, etc. He has a very good guide to innovative music.

Does anyone have that list of Scruffy's "philosophical" quotes that makes him sound like a bigger retard that Jaden Smith?

scaruffi.com/quotes.html

>"Hunters should only be allowed to hunt hunters"

mind blown.

Scaruffi always gives debut albums 2-3 more points than they really deserve

(not true, by the way).

It's almost as if people have different opinions.

>Kill 'Em All
>Justice For All
really clever album titles

St Anger 4/10? this guy is a fucking hack. that album is worthless.

>Ok Computer has almost the same rating as Pablo Honey

god i love piero

Never been there, sorry.

You were supposed to know music theory before you commented on music.

>rating Pablo Honey higher than The Bends

>You were supposed to know music theory before you commented on music.

"No."

Why not?

This desu

On a completely practical level? Because you can't stop them.

Moving away from that, and in the case of Scaruffi, he's listened to a lot of music. His thing with rock is he rates things higher that push the boundaries of rock music. People take his ratings as some kind of indication of quality of recording, or quality of the music itself (whatever the FUCK that could possibly mean). It's simple: Higher number, more uniqueness. You don't need to play an instrument to recognize these facets. You don't need to know what a stave is to recognize these facets.

[citation needed]

Which part? The you can't stop them part? You can't.

When I first found scaruffi, I thought he was a joke because of his rating system, but once I started reading his reviews, I realized I mostly agreed with him. He doesn't rate music based entirely off of enjoyability and most people who criticize him don't realize that.

These albums are actually awful too

>taking scaruffi seriously

Indeed. Complacency in ignorance I guess.

Metallica is actually a pretty good band but Sup Forums is too elitist and contrarian to ever admit it

its true though?

kill em all, master of puppets and ride the lightning are their only good albums tho

i think he's pretty autistic but i agree with a fair amount of his ratings

christgau has the shittiest taste out of all the meme reviewers

dude it like makes me cringe like SUPER HARD dude!!!

>muahahaha your small mindedness amuses me

nothing makes me angrier than stupid fucking children typing embarrassing holier-than-thou garbage like this, i don't even know what you're mad about but i'm just going to assume you're wrong

They're really damn good albums though

Agreed, but they're in the U2 position where continued presence has made them annoying/stagnant. If they keep it up twenty years they'll arrive at the Stones position where everyone forgives them and just enjoys the peak stuff

It's objective for once