What's his denomination? He baptizes people by immersion, but he wears a clerical collar. I've never seen such a thing?

What's his denomination? He baptizes people by immersion, but he wears a clerical collar. I've never seen such a thing?

seems to be some sort of southern Baptist, when i was young and lived in the south I often saw a lot of pastors wearing the collar.

What are you the priest police? Fuck off

He's a preacher.

Whenever Tulip isn't on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "where's Tulip?"

Catholics also baptize through immersion in some places.

she stronk woman very beautiful ass for days

TV denomination? basically the writer just threw together something that looked Christiany
white small town Texas isn't terribly catholic though

Texas is actually 8th largest state in number of catholics.

It's probably just because Texas is a huge state. Isn't in #2 in population?

Does it matter why?

Well, if it's the second most populous state, of course it will have a lot of Catholics.

So you're saying it's not impossible for them to be catholic?

The church in the show seems pretty protestant. Probably the writers don't know much about theology and are just throwing in whatever they think Christianity is.

I was wondering if they might be Lutheran, since they seem pretty Catholic but clearly aren't. But they also might just be one of those non-specific protestant churches that pop up in small towns and seem to just pick whatever pieces they like.

I'm from texas and currently live there, and at least 80% of the population is protestant
not to mention that most people here have a strong dislike/mistrust of catholicism
besides, the u.s remains as a predominately protestant country

But Lutherans don't baptize by immersion, do they?

well, just look at who the producers and writers are...

I have no idea. It was more of an uneducated guess than anything. I was just trying to think of a protestant denomination that shares a lot with Catholicism.

Retards, there's a lot of Catholics in Texas because there's a high Latino population.
Retard it's because of the Mexicans

Episcopalian maybe?

oh, well I did qualify it with white. southerner here and most of us are baptist or methodist.

I cannot fucking believe Seth "OY VEY SMOKE WEED GOYIM HYUCK HYUCK" rogen was put in charge of this.

I know, but I'm enjoying the show so far.

it would be moderately enjoyable if they didn't call it Preacher

they've already fucked up nearly every character's already well written storylines

I'd never even heard of the comics so I don't care what they changed. I'm digging the show.

i don't really love it but i don't hate it either, can't be bothered to catch it on air but i watch it on amc.com and it is an okay way to kill 45 minutes