The japs make great music! Boris, Merzbow, The Pillows. The list goes on!

>the japs make great music! Boris, Merzbow, The Pillows. The list goes on!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NF4LQaWJRDg
youtube.com/watch?v=TdhQodzObcM
youtube.com/watch?v=ofKR80z2_S8
youtube.com/watch?v=YixAD9GIAuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that person named more japanese bands then i assume 90% of the us population can name.

>Asobi Seksu
They're not Japanese, just their singer.

I could give you some actual good japanese music that isn't that well known, unfortunately, I don't want it to be exposed to RYM hipsters or whathever teenagers who pretend to have good taste use this days, its painful enough to see what they did to Les Rallizes Dénudés and Fishmans, there are probably a couple of meme'd jap artists that I am missing too

fishmans, mass of the fermenting dregs, soichi terada

I want to hear them though user
(unless you're just saying that so you don't have to give an answer and are making some bullshit excuse to hide your ignorance)

That counts nitpicker

If other people talking about music you like pisses you off or diminishes the merit of an artist for you, I'm afraid you're the biggest hipster in that situation, and also a massive faggot.

Melt-banana

>they're good but they wouldn't be if the wrong people liked them, so i won't share

Okay, so what you're saying is they're complete shit, and you only like them because it makes you feel like some sort of fucking musical spelunker discovering ancient caves and re-sealing the entrances on your way out?

There is a difference between talking about an artist and spamming and memeing an artist just because they are obscure, look at what happened to fishmans, when hipsters started discovering them and started rating their albums highly on RYM they started becoming spammed and became ''obligatory I have better than you-core'', same with Les Rallizes Dénudes, they both are memes and they aren't taken seriously anymore

>"This is a good japanese band, bro, patrish shit"
>some sort of noise rock with out of pitch/excessively high pitched squeaking or emo screaming
>or experimental instrumentals

every time

youtube.com/watch?v=NF4LQaWJRDg

My favourite Japanese song

So you don't like music, you just like cultivating a pretentious image, same as the memers

I'm still wondering how this affects your enjoyment of the albums in any meaningful way. You'd have to be five feet up your own ass to actually give a shit. Maybe you should be happy that some of your favorite artists are getting more exposure.

Who gives a fuck what they think. What matters is what the music means to you. Fucking pathetic.

Someoen mind telling me what people hear in Akuma No Uta? Been spending time with it lately. The title track is horribly underdeveloped, Naky Kyoku could've been great if it kept on with its dreamy drone, but it doesn't. Anno Onna is whatever as fuck.

Kinoko Teikoku but mostly their first three releases

Suga Shikao is underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=TdhQodzObcM

>Boris

I prefer Melvins, thank you

Originally, people like him had a point. when songs went "mainstream" you heard them everywhere and got sick of them if you didn't wear earplugs 24/7 - it didn't sate your thirst for novelty and destroyed whatever value the songs might have had.

But if you live on the internet, you don't have to listen to anything. If something goes mainstream with internet hipsters you can still listen to it as you please instead of being bombarded with it. It doesn't lose any value unless you're more into saying "i like X" for meaningless social status among a niche group with no power (and listening to it at least once for believability) than actually liking X.

what's the difference

>J-"rock"

i prefer idols, thanks

number girl, supercar, tricot..
i can go on

>that resolution
do you really love your idol or are you just some poser

>ctrl f "toe"
>0 results

Smaller is cuter. Don't you know anything about the dark arts of kawaii?

Melvins in general are heavier in tone. Buzz is a riff-god, imo

Plus they got a sense of humor which is always a plus in my book

>not liking Melt Banana

Taj Mahal Travellers, Ground Zero, Fishmans, Les Rallizes Dénudes, YMO, Shinsei Kamattechan, Tricot, Zeni Geva, Masonna, Doom, Boredoms, Ruins, Abudarako, Toe, Zazen Boys, Lite, Shigeo Sekito, Midori, Boris, Acid Mother Temple, Yakiko Yano, The Gerogerigegege, Merzbow, Mono, Perfume, Melt Banana

The Pillows are really fucking good though, unlike those other meme artists. Every album they've ever put out was amazing.

Yeah I fucks with X
Free XXX

>No Fushitsusha
>No Tetsuo
>No Lost Aaraaff
>No Kaoru Abe
>No Keiji Haino

youtube.com/watch?v=ofKR80z2_S8

>Someoen mind telling me what people hear in Akuma No Uta? Been spending time with it lately. The title track is horribly underdeveloped, Naky Kyoku could've been great if it kept on with its dreamy drone, but it doesn't. Anno Onna is whatever as fuck.

Anyone?

youtube.com/watch?v=YixAD9GIAuY
>Taeko Ohnuki : 0 of 0

toe a shit

Malice Mizer
Mouse on the Keys
Jizue

>Merzbow
>a band
idiot

The Boredoms are out of this planet.

LITE