STAR TREK BEYOND

>yfw it becomes the surprise hit of the summer

I hope it's atleast more exciting than The Legend of Tarzan. God that film was a bore.

Oh boy, another JJTrek wherein Kirk learns how to be Captain, Spock learns how to feel emotion and a larger ship than the Enterprise attacks the Enterprise.

>We want the Speed Racer audience.

>For Anton

Woah someone has seen the RLM reviews

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>nazi Jewish

wew

Something wrong with that?

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD!

>Star Trek: The Fast and the Furious
>hit
Yeah no this will be shit

Is that a goddamn motorbike

This better be because I'm tired of capeshit. Thought Independence Day would save us, but it didn't.

I don't get Trek fans' quarrel with motorized vehicles. They also threw a fit over the red Mustang in the '09 film.

I really hope so. This has been a pretty mediocre year for big blockbusters it would be a nice surprise for this movie to be fun.

Justin Lin may have directed fast and furious, but at least he's a star trek fan, which is worth more imo

They are used to the sterile aesthetic of the old Star Trek where everything was futuristic, even things that didn't need to be.

News Flash we will still have people living in brick houses in 2350. We won't be living in Jetsons space condos

Why are there no axes on The Enterprise?

Lin's "Fast and Furious" movies are objectively entertaining action movies.

Exactly. Compared to JJTrek, the aesthetic of Beyond so far in the trailers is far more Star Trekky.

>dat new warp bubble effect
>dat futuristic utopian space colony
>proper lighting on the bridge with almost no lens flares
>return of an NX-class or similar to NX class ship for the climax
>plot involving being on a planet and some kind of moral dilemma
>Earth not in peril this time
>Colorful marketing - posters full of color, hope, optimism. Rihanna music video evokes TMP colors and warp effects and TOS references.

Compared to 09 and Into Boredom, it's pretty clear they've got someone who loved Star Trek at the helm this time, even if it turns out shit in the end.

>motorcycle bigger than the Enterprise
>motorcycle bigger than Spock
>motorcycle bigger than Scotty
>motorcycle bigger than Bones (by default because there is no Bones)

I think it looks good.

I think your and idiot.

Seriously, fuck RLM and fuck you. Shit seems the only source of reference for you lot of god damn stupid fucks

says the guy who doesn't know the difference between your and you're

yezplz