I'm a 32nd degree Scotish Rite Mason. AMA

I'm a 32nd degree Scotish Rite Mason. AMA

How does it feel to be such a giant sucker who willingly forks over his cash for a false sense of brotherhood?

Feels pretty good actually

Think you could take a 2nd Degree Black Belt?

Ever had an orgy in pools of blood while wearing animal masks?

How do I join the freemasons?

(op) Nope

Where can I sign up to steal the Declaration of Independence with Nick Cage?

How's 8th grade going?

Do you absolutely have to be successful to join? I'm a huge loser without any direction and I've been interested for a few years. I'm in Canada, if that helps.

Good evening, brother.

(op) If you have a belief in a supreme being and have nothing incriminating on your personal record you can become a mason, if you know one, ask if you can join, if not, try emailing a local lodge.

What do you actually do?

What, precisely, is the socio-economic utility of being a Mason?

How would becoming one be to my advantage, assuming I participate wholeheartedly?

no you dont have to be rich, id highly recommend doing it, you get to meet a lot of people!

(op) we pretend to be mysterious while actually doing nothing.

This is why I did - I emailed the lodge through their website.

Imagine a frat for adults, or basically just an Elks Lodge or the like, more high brow and with some moral/ethical lessons taught through symbolism involved.

there really is no advatage, other then making connections. If you want to join to become powerful then you are in the wrong place (op)

Thanks, I'll look into it.

For what purpose?

(op) that first reply wasnt me, the second reply is pretty accurate

How old were you when you finally told your parents you were gay?

How do you prove belief in a supreme being? Do you need to be in a religious organization?

(op) nope, have been happily married for 3 years

>(op) If you have a belief in a supreme being

Leaves me out

you dont really, its just word of mouth from my expeirence. (op)

What's your husband's name?

Nope. You just need to declare that you believe in *literally* any kind of supreme being. Your beliefs can be vague or unsure, as long as you believe that there is some divine influence. You just have to not be athiest.

Freemasonry uses religious symbolism, and Holy Writings as guidelines for understanding how to live a good and just life, but they don't hold members to any specific doctrines.

(op) ha, funny one

Sodomy is illegal, but how do you get around that?

What's the biggest animal you've taken up the butt?

I believe in the Q Continuum. Am I in?

(op) pretty much

Seriously though, which one of you takes it in the ass?

So Freemasons are actually just scientologists?

Could that supreme being be Beelzebub, Zeus, or Thor?

Do you believe that satanic worship is your final goal?

no, not even close from what i imagine (op)

Are you a cowan?

Essentially, yeah.
If you that's how you envision the creative force behind life, sure.

Scientology has a ton of doctrines. Freemasonry's are basically just:

>You should treat everyone fairly and equally
>You should try to help the less fortunate
>You should be productive and take care of yourself/family/friends/brother masons

Yes, actually.

No, freemasonry and satan worshiping do not mix (op)

How much David Icke have you seen/heard?

Numerous former members would disagree with you.

what i ment by that is free masons dont worship satan in there meetings (op)

must be that 33rd degree

Again, numerous former members strongly disagree with you.

Are you referring to the idea that "Light" in the Masonic context refers to Lucifer?

Maybe, probably not though, If i become a 33rd degree then maybe ill find out but that chaces of that happenign are very small as there are only a handful of them.
(op)

Biblical scholars would all agree that "light" does indeed refer solely to Lucifer.

I lean libertarian and really don't care if God exists or not. Could I be a mason?

Does it have to be a specific belief? Because I kinda have my own belief on God... It was formed more or less with Judeo-Christian influence, but my beliefs would get me tortured to death if this was say 1400's Europe...

Also, I actually have no criminal record to speak of... Though, I am on the very fortunate side on this issue...

Master Mason checking in from London. UK

It is very specifically involved in Satanism.

yeah you could, as long as you say that youhave a belife in a supreme being (op)

a belief in any supreme being will suffice

well I hope you don't soon anyway, heaven forbid wishing for someones death.

A lot of Masons seem to lean Libertarian, and be soft Deists.

That is fine. (I'm not op.)

Which Biblical scholars?

nice to have you here :) (op)

You must not be a high enough level for it yet.

There are no levels in masonry (op)

The blood of newborns rejuvenates their skin. Thus, they do not show their original reptilian form.

There are many levels, fuckhead

Is that any way to treat a brother

Master mason checking in from the Midwest, good to have you here brother!

Ah, ok. And I am majoring in computer science and plan to be any type of developer, preferably web. Could I benefit in this field as a mason?

Pics or it didn't happen

WIscy here

You can definitely make some connections, if you want to. A lot of professionals, well-to-do people are involved in the Lodge.

are you saying that as a mason, it will make you more sucsessful? then no.

what kind of gay stuff or "non gay" stuff do you have to do to join?

im glad youre here :) (op)

I was asking if it would get me to better paying jobs in the field, such as working for Apple as an example.

I don't know if this is necessarily true, I majored in comp sci and am a mason, it's good business connections but not the reason you should join.

There is not a whole lot you have to do to join. Have a belife in a supreme being, have nothing incrimination on your personal reccord and as to join, its as simple as that! :) (op)

What is the initiation ceremony like?

it might help you, but it shouldnt be the reason why you join (op)

.What was the reason you joined?

How much do you know? Or are you just a poser...

Wisconsin mason here, just blue lodge not scottish rite, I've used my connections to get jobs and make business deals, just don't screw over a brother.

shitposting fag

I'm was a mason too, you don't pay much of shit of anything, you're vetted in a thorough fashion sometimes background checked and at the lower levels it's mostly conservative intellectuals in a bowling league that doesn't bowl, focus is on history and education for the most part...lodges can be segregated which is noce and ironic simultaneously. End of day you'll have access to some sweet historical literature that most people don't know about and you'll meet lots of government pigs and politicians. The baseline blue lodge masonry is a pretentious history logical society but there are cop lodges that are very scary

I joined for the spirit of universal brotherhood (op)

Fellow WIscy bro?

I'm at UW.

I am the banker known as illuminati

cop lodges? please do tell more.

"some sweet historical literature" is right, the Scottish rite lodge I go to have like three libraries full of books that go back hundreds of years. It's mind blowing.

literally my first time posting on Sup Forums so not sure how to reply directly to comments, but yeah I started out in Milwaukee then went west then back east again lol

Sounds boring.

Wrong

thats the main reason why my parents joined masonry. (op)

>Even closer
Now these days its just used as a snowballing device and search for specific person types.

the membership fees for my lodges help support the building, pay for dinner or deserts we have before or after meetings and then charity

Good to have you here

If you're not into anthropology or history or not a science nerd the gains of joining are superficial. Maybe you'll meet a mayor or a police chief but you'll get nothing of it if you're not into libraries

Well, welcome then brother.

(You click on the number of the person's post)

I doubt that highly.

Did yeah see what I did there with the ol' cardinal directions

To each his own, I find it pretty interesting.

Dad???

>Data mined.
Nah I'll look elsewhere and continue contaminating records with my fellow reptillians