california kids
jacked up
LA girlz

LA girlz

Endless Bummer 2bh

Jacked Up, it's so goddamn addictive

Do you wanna get high no doubt. It has such a good feel to it

this

Definitely sounds most like classic Weezer, along with King of the World.

But I'm a sucker for Endless Bummer and its buildup to the solo.

That songs the cringiest on the album.

Dubs confirm.

this. even better live. Also really loved King of the World, California Kids, and Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori. 8.5/10 album. EWBAITE was better though.

Shit I might actually change my answer from Jacked Up to King of the World, I forgot how great that song is

Couldn't agree more. I remember when the album first came out a lot of people were saying it was one of the weakest songs, glad to see people coming around.

I also gotta say I think Do You Wanna Get High is disappointing. It has that Pinkerton sound, but the song itself is pretty dull IMO. Not that I hate it, but it ranks lower for me.

Jacked Up, King of the World, and Thank God For Girls almost make this entire album a steaming pile of shit. Jacked up especially pisses me off because not only is it a horrendous song, it completely ruins the flow of the album. Endless Bummer should come immediately after LA Girlz, but instead we get 3 minutes of ear rape in between.

The bridge on DYWGH is amazing

The title is cringe inducing. Luckily the song itself is the opposite.

weezer is fucking trash. Don't know why Sup Forums dickrides these fags so much

Has a band ever released a first single quite so misleading? Thank God for Girls was garbage but the majority of this album is amazing.

this, very reminiscent of blue

I think TGFG just needed some getting used to. After EWBAITE it surprised me, but it grew on me quite a bit. It's definitely unlike a lot of the other songs though.

I just hope they can finally release three great albums in a row.

>I just hope they can finally release three great albums in a row.

Blue/Pinkerton/Green
Hurley/EWBAITE/White

Not even joking. Hurley is really underrated. Songs like Hang On, Time Flies, Ruling Me and Memories are classic Weezer IMO. Smart Girls was a mistake though

(Girl We Got A) Good Thing
The bridge + solo on that song is the greatest thing they've done in 20 years.

Hurley is god awful

reallu hard to say, but I gotta give it to thank god for girls after seeing so much hate for that amazing song

It's Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori for me, and always was from first listen. When I first heard EWBAITE I remember reading about how it was supposed to be some return to the glory days, and some of the songs on that album seem to even reference that.

It's true, the album, relative to what had come before, was in that vain, and I did enjoy it, and felt like Weezer wasn't so shitty anymore.

But I didn't think they could top that.

When White came out, I just gave it a listen and was blown away...when it got to the double punch of Summer Elaine (the best song on the album imo) and L.A. Girlz, I was like... wow, they did it.

It's an album that stands WITH Blue and Pinkerton, a true and worthy successor.

It's a shame that the band has probably accrued so much bad blood now that a lot of fans will not be open to the idea anyway, but from a production, lyrical, and musical standpoint, this album kind of finishes the concept album premise they never got around to.

For what it's worth, I remember reading that Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori is also River's favorite song on this album.

Sorry m8. Green and Hurley are OK at best but not "great" like Blue or Pinkerton or even White. I agree Hurley gets too much shit though, people act like it's the same as Raditude and they couldn't be further apart.

For sure this. Everytime weezer make's and avalanche song, it just goes swimmingly