The Sup Forums civil war

Pick your side

strawpoll.me/12511923

Who has the best music? Who has the best aesthetic? Who has released the better albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/person/ariel-pink
metacritic.com/person/grimes
youtube.com/watch?v=fFwsom6cBjs
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
youtube.com/watch?v=UmaJTpJpUiU
youtube.com/watch?v=yuMufoHT4vQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your mom.

is there a need to make this poll?
grimes is meme'd on here as something terrible while her music is just as good as ariel's

I don't like either of them but I'm picking Ariel because Grimesfags are the cancer killing this board

>civil war
It's more like a Cold War if anything

ITT
>why did you make his bait thread
>gives opinion that keeps thread going

Does anyone seriously think Grimes is a better musician than Ariel Pink?

People have been saying this for years and it has never happened

Wait til this cesspool gets a few more replies.

me

I like both, but I like Ariel a lot more.

i wonder what james is doing

These are two completely different artists and shouldn't be compared. One was a natural born artist who crawled straight out of the dark underbelly of the musical underground and earn their way to the top through sheer love and devotion of music and songwriting.

and the other's just ariel pink

Test

scaruffi does

>Who has the best music? Who has the best aesthetic? Who has released the better albums?
GRIMES. GRIMES. GRIMES.

i wish i was scaruffi, but who doesn't

ariel pink no question about it
grimes is so untalented and annoying

Ariel Pink has had a massive influence on music. He is a pioneer. He can't sing worth a shit, but he's still listenable. That takes insanity and genius to figure out how to do that. And not only that, but he's a fantastic songwriter, too.

Grimes makes noises with synthesizers and puts ungodly amounts of reverb on her voice and calls it a day.

>grimes is meme'd on here as something terrible while her music is just as good as ariel's
It's not. Grimes is actually very respected. Just a bunch of contrarian autists try memeing that she's bad.

Of course. Not even a contest.

Grimes is like french kissing your dog

Ariel Pink is like giving your dog a red rocket

Ariel, BTFO.

Is that even a question? See for yourself:

metacritic.com/person/ariel-pink
metacritic.com/person/grimes

Sup Forums was never good

This. People are saying that x is killing moo (x being Death Grips, Kanye, Grimes, St. Vincent, you know the usual suspects - black artists, women) for years. Surprisingly this dumb board is still alive.

Grimes is very good but her music is too girly for me to listen to as much as music i really like. I gave Art Angels a couple listens, think it's really good and all that then moved on. Ariel Pink is /myguy/, i listen to his songs like a hundred times each sometimes. Met the dude's mom once at his concert she was running the merch booth. Spoke with her at length, but when i met Ariel himself i sperged out cause i was high and just said something like "I-I'm a huge fan of your music."

Average Ariel song
youtube.com/watch?v=fFwsom6cBjs

Average Grimes song
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

'nuff said

G R I M E S

B T F O ! !

That isn't an average Grimes song dude.

wait is that ariel pink? i would have thought shes a girl

>Average Grimes song
>Realiti
Dude, that's like the song of this decade. Much better than any Ariel nonsense.

BTW, the average Grimes song is actually Oblivion, which resembles the style of her first 3 albums + that EP.

>Grimes is very good but her music is too girly for me to listen to as much as music i really like.
Because of her cute voice, right? At least try her older albums too, they're different than Art Angels. Listen to Visions next.

>Dude, that's like the song of this decade.

Don't listen to a lot of music do you?

I had already been a big fan of Visions by the time AA came out, I actually think AA is 'better' but personally prefer the gloomy airy ethereal aesthetic of Visions. Like AA is what i imagine is playing in cuties' heads all the time desu

I listened to a lot of music. Post a better song than Realiti. If you can. Surprise me.

i wonder if he ever violated a hot dog and filmed it

youtube.com/watch?v=UmaJTpJpUiU

AA is a fun to listen album. Every album serves a certain mood and AA serves that euphoric yet bittersweet mood very well.

Fyi whoever loses this poll actually wins, because that's how contrarianism works.

here's just a random one from Grimes/D'eon that i think is better

youtube.com/watch?v=yuMufoHT4vQ

i don't even think this is the best song of the last decade, i just like it more. Still like Realiti though. It's all personal preference and i'm not saying you shouldn't like that song as much as you do. but it is by no means head and shoulders above a lot of other stuff

>listening to non-homoerotic music makes me feel ucomfortable

Like i said i do really like it, even more than Visions it's just not the kind of flavor i look for personally. If it were like food it'd be very sweet tasting

it doesn't make me uncomfortable it's just not the kind of sound i'm most into, like i said here i just prefer her moodier stuff

It sounds like the ordinary AnCo song. It's pleasant but I forgot about it as soon it ended. Kinda like elevator music. Realiti played in my head for a month after I listened to it, it's that well made.

right now or of all time?

I know that song and I like it. Grimes even featured on its music video. But better than Realiti? I highly doubt it.

it's all subjective my friend, and she isn't just in the music video she cowrote the album with D'eon. I figured i'd pick a song by/with her so you know i do really like Grimes i just don't think Realiti is 'song of the decade'

catchiness isn't the empirical metric for how good a song is. my favorite style of music is pop (which is why i like John Maus, Ariel Pink, Grimes) but there are many different appeals in music and songs. I don't even like the song that guy posted though lol

>i just prefer her moodier stuff
Okay. Fair enough. It's just that whenever I hear someone bring up the whole "too girly" thing in reference to certain artists' music I can't help but think of things like how ridiculous that sounds when you consider that open displays of clear gender differences are normally found as attractive.

You're right, it's all subjective.

There's no discussion here ariel is clearly superior

>troll logic

Lol delusional logic so none

G R I M E S B T F O

fucking neither thank you very much

>mfw there used to be like 50-60 Grimesfags
>mfw they're almost all gone

what happened

dude there are like seven Grimes threads up right now which are all highly populated, i fucking wish they were almost all gone

there were never that many grimesfags, grime autists are just obsessive

prove you've listened to an ariel pink album that isn't pom pom
>blue straw coming through

>Queen/King of /mu
user, who in their right mind would want one of their favorite artists to be associated with this place? I'm a big time Grimes fan. I'll let you reason out which way I voted.