Sup Forums's thoughts on Wes Anderson movies?

Sup Forums's thoughts on Wes Anderson movies?

Comfy, they have that same subtle humor of Coen Brothers movies.

The cinematography is always interesting and never gets stale.

>constant symmetry
What is his fucking problem?

I'm glad they exist?

I still have to watch them but I feel I'm in for some fine shit

Comfy kino

bottle rocket is comfy. Captured being a 20 something fuck up pretty nicely

i used to really like wes 10 years ago. his first several films are really good. for some reason the commercials to fantastic mr fox looked awful so i didnt see it, then when moonrise kingdom came out it just felt too wes anderson cliche, his films just haven't been great for me similar to tarantino, they do their style and it works but it gets old

for one, he is a douche with a derivative aesthetic that, although not seen often in mainstream cinema, is nothing new, original, or engaging. furthermore, he masks his stale tropes, plots, and dialogue with this trite aesthetic, hoping that his ignorant audiences will not catch on to his obviously disingenuous charade. as such, his films are the true litmus test for detecting plebs that think they have good taste in film, yet are really cinema cretins, groveling to a false a lord

second, the very aesthetic earlier criticized has not changed throughout the entirety of wes anderson's career, proving that this "visionary" filmmaker is nothing more than a hack, a one-trick pony who cannot step outside the box or take cinematic chances

third, wes anderson is clearly a pedo and pedo-enabler, making films that sexualize little children all so he can get him and his giant child loving ego off

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

Shut the fuck up you stupid faggot.

lmao shut up fag

Get some fucking taste you plebeians

i genuinely enjoy them

I found the letterboxd user.

pff i bet you enjoy the films of wes anderson

tenenbaums = fantastic mr fox > rushmore > darjeeling limited > the grand budapest hotel = moonrise kingdom = the life aquatic > bottle rocket

[note: > just means slightly better than - wes anderson does not make bad movies]

>good films that don't feel too wes anderson
bottle rocket
darjeeling limited
>good films that are just a bit too wes anderson
the life aquatic
royal tenenbaums
rushmore
>films that are way too "wes anderson" for me
moonrise kingdom
budapest hotel

didnt see mr fox

don't even bother watching mr fox, especially if you've already seen the rest of his movies. its nothing new

Is it a style or is it a formula?

He made a couple of good movies but then turned into a parody of himself, as it happens very often in life. Pretentious cocksucker.

The Life Aquatic is one of the least funny movies every made. Fucking hipster trash.

Grand Budapest is good though. Sometimes his humor is just so dogshit that only 16 year old girls who listen to french Bowie covers find interesting

No way is Darjeeling better than Budapest. Sorry man.

Don't listen to that guy, Mr. Fox is good.

What's the difference?

Hey, fuck you man.

style is formula
talent is practice.

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

Too many words to say nothing.

Shut up fag

mr fox was his best film

damn just checked out the grand budapest hotel cast. what the fuck, it couldnt be that bad even if its wes anderson tripe

Not sure I agree but I do enjoy it a fair deal.

That's because it's not bad. If you're looking for performances, you won't be disappointed with Fiennes.

I bet you enjoy the films of Paul WS Anderson

I liked Moonrise Kingdom but couldn't get through Budapest Hotel. I feel like once you see one Wes Anderson film you're not as wowed by the second

This.

My friends loved it but I just couldn't really get into it. Really enjoyed Moonrise and Mr. Fox.

literally tumblr: the director

Life Aquatic is in my personal top 10
the rest are ok i guess, if you compare them to regular mainstream flick trash, they have a certain charm

am i the only one who thinks life aquatic is his best by far?

best wes anderson film

Go to bed Wes.

>once you see one Wes Anderson film you're not as wowed by the second
100% agree. that's how people can say moonrise kingdom is the best

The ending to Rushmore always gets to me. Literally makes me cry everytime.

>I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

I fapped to that movie in the theater. Was sitting next to some old couple too and was kind of obvious but didn't care.

Rushmore is GOAT. The ending doesn't have quite the same emotional impact on me, but man, still love it.

Fuck all the Mr. Fox haters.

But I have to admit that there's a weird double standard for his movies. They really rely on the same techniques and feel like clones. But they're comfy enough that people overlook that and refer to that repetition as a certain flavor of film.

thanks for the recommendations, lad

dude 1960s england

I always confuse him with paul w.s. anderson

Wes Anderson power rankings:
Bottle Rocket
-POWER GAP-
Rushmore
Royal Tenenbaums
-POWER GAP-
Darjeeling Limited
Life Aquatic
-POWER GAP-