The Doors - The Doors

Why isn't this album discussed more often? There's so much that's excellent about this album, from the surreal lyrics to the brilliant keyboard work and drumming...

Whisky Bar is absolutely bizarre. Probably my favorite cut.

youtu.be/DX42_3ZKv8c

WH...WHAT'S YOURS??

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Song
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I never got why Sup Forums hated the doors so much, everyone says because of the lyrics but I really don't get why

nu males

People hate The Doors?

Its a great album, but I got burnt out on it when I was a teenager.

nu males dont like the doors ?
I mean I just know everyone here says their lyrics are "fake deep" and pretentious

How the hell they're remotely pretentious

Never been much of a fan. I don't dislike them but I've never had a desire to relisten to any of their albums.

I normally try to respect people's opinions on music but if you don't like the Doors gtfo

arguably the best record from '67, and that's saying something

It's massively popular, and it's been around for literally 50 years. What the fuck is there to say?

Talking about the actual music, not how popular it is or where it ranks in a chart. Ideal Sup Forums, desu

>show me the way
>To the next little girl
>Oh, don't ask why

What did he mean by this?

Might well be the best first album ever...

>3 okay songs

it's just alright

Literally the greatest album of all time

Don't ask why.

Girls are small
Girls are weak

It's just about the most watered down phsychedelic rock you can find

Holy shit Light my fire is so comfy

The perfect song to play on rainy evenings/mornings. You can just taste the cigarette ash and A1 sauce on that song.

think about how old this album is and how much people must have talked about it and listened to it.

Nobody cares anymore.

>Whisky Bar is absolutely bizarre. Probably my favorite cut.
It's Brecht you uncultured piece of shit.

it's Kurt Weil music though

It'Ita great album but it's only the 2nd best Doors album from that year

All fine and well but which one of you three can tell me exactly what musical/play that song was featured in?

google mf, do you use it?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Song

That's good advice to the people I was originally addressing. I hope they take you up on it new friend.

Was Jim punk?

>favorite song is a straight cover
Why even listen to the band then?

It's a cover

Favourite song is The End. I just feel like that's The Doors at their peak. I love Crystal Ship and Soul Kitchen also. End of the Night is an underrated one, has an awesome ambience.

I think I agree actually.

yep, it's a close call, but I think I'd also take Strange Days over s/t.

s/t is banger upon banger, which is incredible, Strange Days feels a bit more cohesive, it creares an atmosphere like you're walking at night through a weird shady carnival, which is at once disturbing and fascinating.

Also, When the Music's Over is my favourite Doors song.

Which ones?

>it creares an atmosphere like you're walking at night through a weird shady carnival
Perfect description

>
Omg are you me. Best song rankings here.

Its either this, or tvu&n. Although my personal favorite is patgod

>Only just realized that there is a poster behind my dad

the bowie version is interesting

an ex gf was obsessed with the doors/morrison, we used to have sex to this album a lot. its ok, but all of my memories of it were having sex with an ex so, yeah

dats sad desu
in an alternate reality, you get married with a church organ playing the organ solo in Light My Fire

1967 was truly a magical year

what'd you guys think of the movie starring val kilmer? did you know that was his own voice in most of the scenes?

>in an alternate reality, you get married with a church organ playing the organ solo in Light My Fire

i came during light my fire one time, shit was cash

How have I not heard it before? Destroys The Doors version.

im sorry