My Sup Forumsros with ADD and ADHD

My Sup Forumsros with ADD and ADHD
how do you guys get shit done aside from medication?
Also, how do you guys remember things?

Actively concentrate on keeping it in and don't eat much sugar.
Pot also helps.

I have adhd, never taken tablets...I have found that we're all different and deal with it different like me I have click pen I always keep with me and when I am trying t concentrate on one task or have a meaningful conversation I flick and click my pen.

At some point your responsibilities affect your life big time. When shit gets really important you will get your work done to keep yourself afloat.

Okay Boris.

Lists. So many lists.

Just start fucking up and you'll snap out of it real quick

i know but i tend to procrastinate so badly

i twirl my pencil but since i can only do it with my right hand and most of what i do requires my right hand i.e to do math
i cant smoke weed i need to be able to do math and weed fries me for like a week it pretty much makes me absent minded for days

Yeah diet goes a long way. Don't count out medications, especially stims if you can get them. Dexamthetamine will turn you into a productivity machine if you're lucky enough to get a prescription.

Also don't sit on nervous energy, burn it off before you start working on a task. Letting it simmer will just lead to distraction and frustration.

Don't force yourself to concentrate on a task when you feel your attention start to shift. I like to have a couple of things on the go, so when I'm losing focus on one task, I can switch it out for another instead of going straight to procrastination. The more something feels like a chore, the less likely you will return to it, so don't force yourself. This doesn't work so well for jobs and education if you're required to perform one task for prolonged periods of time.

Most importantly, go easy on yourself. Understand your limitations and work within them. If you want to exceed your limitations, it takes time, patience and professional help.

anyone else ever feel shit with their meds sometimes? Mine occasionally make me feel really down. On concerta XL

yea im on adderal at the moment and sometimes i feel a huge drawback mentally and physically but it just depends
what food in particular? keep in mind im a college student

dunno just try and not be the biggest fuck up i can be

When I take my concerta I just loss my appetite real bad to the point that I force myself to eat at points. Helped a lot for wrestling

yea ive taken my meds before eating before and stuggle to finish a very very small portion of food. I usually feel super uncomfortable afterwards

Do you find it hard to sleep when your on it, like trying to take naps and shit?

I used to lie to my doctor to get Adderall. I'd end up eating my whole script in a few days taking 300mg at a time. Now I have 0 motivation and my reward system seems fried. Gg me

>Also don't sit on nervous energy, burn it off before you start working on a task. Letting it simmer will just lead to distraction and frustration.

ur a boss

Ive gone at most 80 hours without sleep, but yea it kinda depends, if your awake and you take it and try to sleep. IT WILL NOT WORK. if you are waking up from an alarm and take it, you will have a super deep sleep if you fall asleep again. OR. you will feel fully awake within 30 min. but those are my experiences. Personally looking back, i have no idea how i have functioned without my meds. I was diagnosed at 22 although ive known for years i honestly wished i would have gotten on it sooner and seen a doctor frequently when i was younger. after listeninng to other people tell me about comon things that people with add or adhd have to deal with it makes a lot of things in my life make more sense.

I was diagnosed pretty early so it did loads for highschool and now for my last year in uni. I tend to use it for my alnighters like I'm doing tonight

yea he seems like he has full control for the most part, meanwhile it took years to convince my parents that i had it. It was only when i became a legal adult that i got to see a doctor and it took a diagnosis to convince my parents. Its not that my parents dont believe in add or adhd as a mental disorder but they just dont like to believe anything is wrong with anyone in my family until they are hospitalized. When i got my wisdom teeth taken out they didnt want me taking pain killers so i just handled the pain. I had to get the teeth cut in pieces then removed because they were coming out of the gums and getting mashed by the top teeth so they would come out and then get overlapd by the gums again.

same im studying for an engineering final and im procrastinating, the exam is at 9:30 and its 5am now -__-

Same got a Chem test at 12 and got barely anything done. Granted the professor gave little to study from. Do you take one in the morning after the alnighter?

what do you consider morning?

When I was about 8 or so, my siblings bullied me into depression, so I stayed secluded to my room or played PlayStation.

Adhd fixed.

something that opened my eyes was that people with adhd and add tend to dwell on their mistakes and now even though i know thta information it doesnt help much but its good to know the why.

Like for me if my test is an 8 am I take on at 8pm and another at like 6 am.

bonus: people with add and adhd have a high risk of suicide
and for me thats a daily thought and i just just try to distact my brain as best as i can

Adderall has fucked my memory

idk it depends on you, for me it takes 30 min to 1 hr before i can actually "use" the effects of the meds so i tend to time my shit accordingly but then again if im strapped for time and ive missed my window i tend to increase the dosage for the time being

i honestly used to have a great long term memory and a really shitty short term, but now its both. and hilariously enough i cant remember when it started

Same, I like timing it to get the full effects cause I noticed that after like 7-8 hours I can feel my concentration start to slip.

yea and turning up the dosage doesnt work as well as when you first started. It gets hit by diminishing returns hard. btw user what are you studying? is it bio or is that just a class for your degree?

I'm studying Environmental science with a concentration in quantitative chemical analysis. What about you?

Mechanical Engineering...with a history minor

i got sober and that has helped a lot actually

also i've started to accept that i have adhd and need to cope with it

and try to have routines for where i put things and never ever break them (because the second i do, i lose stuff)

still really hard, i get so anxious about things i haven't done, they seem impossible

and that anxiety about not completing things contributes to you not completing things ? am i right?

Cool I used to be a chemistry major and wanted to do chemical engineering as a masters but it wasn't what I wasn't looking for after awhile in the major

yeah of course, it makes my avoid the fuck out of them. but then at other times they'll seem trivially easy and straightforward. bizzare.

i feel ya, there were some days when i just want to drop out but its thanks to certain classes that reinvigorated me in the later years that really helped solidify my decision to stay with it.

Yea I had a class like that but it was what helped me know what to change to and love the field im in now