youtube.com/watch?v=0owN4NrEEdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Karl Sanders is a meme guitarist but Steve "3 fucken necks lol" Vai is legit
Man this general sucks

>steve vai is gay af edition
idk why but this made me laugh

seriously though look at this homo

could something bad happen if i put my guitar in a truck

Is Joe Satriani just Bald Vai, or is there more to him?

Bald Vai.

I seriously haven't heard anything in Satch's playing that Vai couldn't do better. Satch is a guitar player, Vai is a musician.

youtube.com/watch?v=x668-BgXDMM
how does one play like dave rawling
he's so fucking sublime

All of those virtuoso Ibanez playing guys are faggots and you're a piece of shit if you like them.

Who does Steve Vai think he is

>vai is gay
>posts link to vai guitar lesson

Fucking cuck. Also Vai>Satriani not even close

Joe Satriani plays 4 chords and wanks for 3-5 minutes. Steve Vai composes music and works in all sorts of clever playing styles and phrasing. It's apples and oranges.

In fact people comparing Vai and Satriani (or at least thinking they're extremely similar) is a great pleb filter.

>implying Vai isn't pure wankery

Lol fuck off m8

>turns on song
>no singing
>"man this intro is long"
>still no singing
>"Wtf?"
>guitar solo starts
>"He's just fucking wanking!"

>muh shit sandwich

>turns on song
>it's fucking shit
>"Wow what talent and artistry! What playing tecniques!!!"
>"I shall go on Sup Forums to validate my shit taste! I hope they accept me"

>another thread spent jacking off arguing about talent less has been guitarists

Neither Vai nor Satriani are worth talking about.

Grow the fuck up you dumb virgins.

>steve vai's output over the years
it doesn't get any better than this right guys?

I love Vai and this was fucking hysterical.

>Eddie's rhythm guitar was better than his lead

youtube.com/watch?v=C3u6WBBUZPE

>starts thread with a picture of steve vai
>literal shit is getting posted before the thread reaches 20 posts

I fucking hate you all

should i buy this?

>ibanez

No.

What's wrong with Ibanez?

Nothing. In case you haven't noticed, you're in the shitposting general

>he thinks anybody cares about validation from him

in fact please trip up so I never have to see your window licking-tier posts ever again

that lead pan from left to right was so fucking pointless

>tfw you accidentally admit you eat pieces of shit

badass LP

I like how all the Vai white knights disappeared as soon as it hit 12:00 on the west coast. That high school bedtime routine kicked in hard and they couldn't hold their eyes open anymore.

Imaging going to bed that asshurt. Sweet dreams, right?

Dude nobody wants to talk about steve fucking vai, shut up.

Hi,
I just bought a bass, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Are these normal looking/well set bass strings ?

I personally do not agree with the aesthetics of matte finish guitars, especially matte purple. It looks like it belongs to a Ninja Turtle

kek
>goodnight sweet prince

also should the E and G strings touch the head that way or is it bad design ? It just feels like they should go directly from the nut to the mechanic...

I might have to change the mechanics too, they feel weak and I have to tune the bass every ten minutes...

Does it have a nut?

Looks like you bought crap.

Well yes... don't all guitar have ?

IDK i think Satriani is just wanking with some violins underneath. It was painful to listen to some song about God he did, can't recall the name.

Eric Johnson will always be the supreme guitar player because his music is actually good and the guitar playing compliments it as opposed to just showing off.

>Ibanez

No.

I can't believe they get away with it in 2016. Trash guitars propped up by Satriani alone.

this. steve vai sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=c-jE_-L7vUQ&list=PL2obwDA89sQ0FRDj9DTEEMX_roSFFYiIH

Ironically his best album sold no copies and ended his major label deal.

do you know anything about instruments ?

I like this assblasted Vaifag, he's fun.

Was wondering cause of the funny string angle

Low E string on my acoustic electric is way louder than the other strings when I plug in. what do?

it has no problem. go play it and stay away from /gg/. this place is cancer

kek no wonder. that was fucking awful

Cool, I was worried that it went out of tune so quickly, but I figured it might be because the strings are new ?

THIS however doesn't feel right on a new instrument :/

I don't know *shrugs*

Oh, yeah that's fucked up, get it to back to the shop you bought it and have it set up for free

yeah guitars go out of tune
stretch the strings
look up stretching strings on youtube
get off /gg/
don't come back
for your own good

Vai is pretty cool, don't be a bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=cpf2IoJZhqI

ask me how I know you're a virgin

Try on a proper tuner, line six is shit for this.

>7:06
kek

I need your help /gg/. I'm trying to remember a multifx pedal I've heard of before. It had the ability to control multiple parameters at the same time bound to the expression pedal, a chord sustain feature, and really lousy distortion. I believe it was a fairly old pedal. It was a full size multifx, probably 4-8 footswitches plus the expression pedal. Anyone got any ideas on this?

I saw it in a video posted here a while back, maybe a year ago. Old video of a guy explaining why he used multifx pedals. Professionally filmed.

maybe you should fix pickup height

This?

It's a steaming pile of sonic diarrhea

>how I know you're a virgin

Because he posts on /gg/

I'm pretty sure that can do what I mentioned but I am thinking of an older pedal. I'm not sure if you can adjust more than one parameter simultaneously with the expression pedal on the GT-10 or not.

It might be an older boss one. I don't think old zoom pedals can do 2 parameters at once.

What stand and cables do you use, /gg/?

Maybe this?

Multi-effects pedals are an awful meme and you should avoid them like the plague

Vox ?

>steve vai
He's mastered his instrument to a degree that, frankly, embarrasses me. I am totally in awe of his ability to transfer the contents of his head to and through his guitar. It's astonishing really. Too bad there's nothing interesting going on in that head.

The fact that Vai has never looked out into his audience, thought "Holy fuck! I have dedicated my life to turning-on pubescent boys!", thrown his 'axe' to the floor and sworn never to play another note is somewhat telling I think.

Part 1

A high school bandmate got really, really into instrumental wank guitarists, he even bought a replica of Vai's Ibanez Gem to replace his Strat, much to all of our dismay. I've heard solid chunks of his career, but the only thing I can remember at the moment is "For The Love Of God" loses whatever "power" the guitar melody has as Vai goes into overly complicated lick after lick. It's the same thing that makes Jeff Beck's instrumental career such a colossal drag; the moments of actual brilliance are drowned out and neutered by suppressing the band for the sake of highlighting the guitar.

I saw Vai live too, last year. The, um, "Generation Axe Tour." Vai, Malmsteen, Nuno Bettencourt, Zakk Wylde, and Tobin Abasi from Animals As Leaders.

My former bandmate bought two tickets and asked me to go with him, and I figured there might be some moment where ridiculous instrumental prowess clicks and I "get" Vai and company. That didn't happen, but we were treated to the bizarre metalcore rhythms of Abasi, the 80's hard rock-hey-wait-this-isn't-terrible schtick of Bettencourt, and Zakk Wylde covering Sabbath and Thin Lizzy.

Abasi and Bettencourt had a duet of some Animals As Leaders tune that featured a riff I wished I could play - the only time that happened in the whole 3 hour event. Wylde, who I actually was looking forward to a little, was a total disappointment. I think he's had the best career of any of those dudes, but the Zakk Wylde we got was the pinch harmonic bullshit dude who's best left to solo on a Nickelback tune. "NIB" sounded cool until the solos, though.

Part 2

Then Yngwie Malmsteen came on.

I've never heard someone assault an audience with such reckless fervor of anti-music until that Norwegian took the stage. Half an hour of white noise would've at least inspired thought, contemplation; instead he just did run after run down the guitar neck, spun it, kicked a pick into the audience, throw it to the roadie, repeat with new guitar. I was angry, frustrated, bewildered. There was no where to go, the bar was serving $8 Bud Light (hellloooooo theatre gigs in Cincinnati!) and the bathroom wasn't nearly insulated enough to save me from the barrage emanating from the stage. If I am truly just a brain in vat only responding to electrical stimuli, the scientists must've been feeling particularly sadistic that evening.

So yeah, when Steve Vai came on - what with his stupid fan under the pedalboard, the snarky comment on how "it wasn't cool to know how to play guitar in the 90's," and tremolo arm animal noises - I was grateful Malmsteen was gone. Is there melody in Vai's playing? Sure, absolutely, it was the most of that entire night. But it's still a far cry from the classical composition it aspires to, it still reeked of ego, and it definitely did not rock.

Compare that Wes Montgomery, or Roy Buchanan, or Lonnie Mack, or any of the surf instrumentalists. They sound like they actually enjoy music, not the accolades you can pick up from making it.

>"it wasn't cool to know how to play guitar in the 90's,"

Lol it must torment him every day of his life that his one really successful solo album came out the year before Grunge/Alternative broke out.

Is Greg Sage one of the most underrated guitarists?

youtube.com/watch?v=0owN4NrEEdw

>inventing guitar styles 10 years before they got popular
>being a genius lyricist

>it invalidates you opinion if you say this tastes like shit

I bought it online :(

it does the same on my polytune :(

you might want to go ask your questions someplace that's not of full tilt retards man

yeah... you're probably right...
thanks

>388
>399

>Zappa desperate son and Steve Vai

Hack overload

>arguing against triptrips.

nice quints, shit opinion tho

That's Strat disquised as a LP

I know you guys like to meme on anyone playing the minor pentatonic blues scale BUT
Have you ever tried playing it without emphasizing the root of the chord underneath? And have you ever tried it in anything but the "standard" position where the root is index finger on E string? I'm thinking about shifting my hand down four frets so the root is the middle finger on the g string. In A you'd play in the first position which allows using open strings and puts all the bends (from minor 3rd, from 4th, from 6th and from 7th) on either the ring finger or extended pinky (5th fret) which could be interesting.

It's like you just started playing guitar last week

I've just neglected soloing a lot in the 15 years since I started. Yeah I'm shit. In any case, I'm trying to discuss playing the guitar here.

everyone plays this scale
everyone has beat this scale to death over the last 50 years
everyone has played this scale every conceivable way

>proceeds to post image that doesn't have the scale shape I'm talking about in it
>no major 6th
>no major 3rd
>root not on second finger on g string
You're one of those "special" kids huh?

steve vai = gay italian
joe satriani = straight italian

You were right in your earlier post. You are indeed shit.

So you've played it in this exact way then?

>vai listening party

R8

nothing really turns me on
id probably take the strat and spray paint it flat black though

Am I retarded for wanting to buy a 100 watt amp even though I'm not in a band and will only be playing with myself (ayyy) and occasional jamming with another guitarist and a drummer?

if its solid state, 100w is kind of low
if its a valve amp, yeah you're insane

Not retarded, but it sounds unnecessary. As someone who bought a 100 watt head and a cab I can say it's not even necessary if you're in a band and playing out. It just made loading my shit up that much harder.

Also, I got a Marshall and hated the tone so that may be another big factor into why I disliked the whole experience so much. But yeah, I'd say get a decent combo amp unless you find yourself in a situation where you feel a 100 watt amp is absolutely necessary.

>It just made loading my shit up that much harder.

Ahahah... *laugh vanishes as the back pain comes back*

Look up videos for doing a full setup

>Also, I got a Marshall

Dumbass