The demise of cool, fun actors

Why doesn't Hollywood make fun movies anymore? Kurt Russell, Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, all actors you knew you were going to have a good time watching. Tom Cruise is probably the last holdout. Hollywood doesn't seem to want these kind of actors anymore, why?

toxic masculinity

Because of the new age change as this thread describes

Did Kurt Russell discover Sup Forums recently? Why the fuck are there so many Snake Plissken threads lately?

well jokes on him, I've never seen the movie

Care to summarize?

Chris Pratt
Tom Hardy
Matt Damon
Ryan Reynolds
The Rock

You may not like them, but they are the modern evivalents

more like millennials discovered the awesomeness of the Escape from series.

it's too hard to because the thread has a lot of posts.

People on there said there has been a change in life recently that has caused the whole world to feel numb and it isn't as colorful and fun as it was few years ago.

What you said about Hollywood not making fun movies anymore summarizes it.

You grew old.
Now fuck off and die.

yeah but all of those actors have badly forced humor.

Humor back in the day wasn't forced.

Also, the Rock is a 90's/2000 actor legend so do not include him on the same list as Ryan and Pratt

I'll give you Chris Pratt.

I am not this user
don't speak like that

Most of those actors aren't from my generation, it's not an age thing

Red Letter Memeia did a video about Escape From New York.

alright famalam
I utterly despise the faggots on this website, but I'll give you a pass since you seem like a half decent human being.

He was talking to me famramrod

>yeah but all of those actors have badly forced humor.

>Humor back in the day wasn't forced.

They are just as successful, so obviously its your fucking opinion they are not as funny, and a lot of people find them funny, otherwise they would not be putting them in huge movies.

Live in the past or whatever, I dont give a fuck.

>Humor back in the day wasn't forced.
How can you honestly type this, goddammit

Chris Pratt ain't successful. He has only been in Jurassic World and GoTG - both Reddit tier shite

Look at how they keep having to trot out Harrison Ford, they're making another Indiana Jones for gods sake. He's in his 70's. Somethings clearly changed

Other than living in the Berenstain/stein universe + le illuminati xD

lol epin haha hoho wacky xD

Okey I'll tell you, Humor before
>Took its time, genuine, funny
Now
>Feels awkward being genuine, must be ironic and self-depreciating to not feel "cheesy"
>See Zoolander 1 vs the remake
Movies that were good for just being movies
>Family in a happy ideal place goes through so emotional and life changing moments, character develope, dramatic
Today
>Dark, Grim, traumatic, overdose, death, cold, only slight ray of light in the tunnel at the end of the movie

Sorry I failed, I'm not good at explaining. Anyway people can be genuine about something thats funny, it makes people feel exposed and awkward, so everything is ironic.

All other movies have to be extremely grimdark. Maybe the jews sets the mood, showing the brave SJW's, feminists, PoC that its dark now, but soon the evil white cis patriarchy will be destroyed, and movies will go back to being colourful and happy.

Because there hasn't been an actor as good as Harrison.

>humor back in the day wasn't forced
are you fucking retarded? action movies were full of campy one-liners. that's kind of a well-known staple of 80's action movies.

Where the fuck are you talking about

When are you going to kill yourself.

No one will miss you.

Die you fucking stain.

Die.

yeah but it flowed better compared to movies nowadays

there was no 12 year old sex jokes like Deadpool is

Go and watch American Pie and then go and watch a modern day comedy like Bad Neighbors

ENTIRELY DIFFERENT

>the world isn't as fun and colorful as it used to be

Fuck this depressing thread, that's the most real thing I've read in years.

Why do they keep having to do remakes? It's like Hollywood forgot how to have a good time. Zoolander, dumb and Dumber, people want another Austin Powers, it 's like they saying, damn we used to be good

>it turns out Snyder's Super hero movies are meant to reflect the world of today hence Man of Steel's color being drained out with us expecting to see a happy Superman but our depressing world doesn't allow us to have what we want
MIND BLOWN

It's never gonna happen. You cannot recreate the magic of the 90's or childhood, it not only would feel fabricated/synthetic/unreal, it doesnt fit the current mood.

People have to put up over-the top jokes filled with ironic, "self-awarness" etc rather then let things flow naturally. When was the last time you heard someone make a natural joke that was good on its own without obscene or shocking elements?

Sorry intellectual midget and roach, I'm not going anywhere.
After 9/11 the music of the world changed into a more cynical and concerned beat, silence of the people, feeling a looming threat from above.

Regardless if people knew it or not, they couldnt go back to the homely, positive, and friendly atmosphere. Those days were gone, now everything in cinema has to be grimdark.

Look at The Jungle Book for example. Borderline edgy.

If they made Teletubies The Movie today, it wouldn't be a happy movie, it would be grimdark and "A darkness has arrisen in the teletubby kingdom, we are going through true hardships, but remember, its darkest before dawn, and there is light at the end of the tunnel"

>TL:DR Comedy is afraid to feel, must be ironic. Everything else, must be grimdark. Movies changed after 9/11 and world events to something more cynical. The end

the answer is that you just don't like any of the modern day "cool, fun actors" because they are still popular today and you are a contrarian on Sup Forums. You probably find it hard to respect actors who are from the same generation as yourself (or younger) until they have absolutely "proven themselves" in a really great movie. This would be very hard for them to do because you probably won't watch (or allow yourself to like) very many modern movies in the first place

You don't think the style of action/comedy has changed? There are movies from the 60's to early 2000's that all fit that description in my opinion. It, 's extremely rare nowadays.

Jews. A movie has to make double what it cost to break even, not even including marketing. The cost of movies skyrocketted, again thanks to the jews, so they need to make more money.

Remove the jew and you get kino back.

Sounds like it might be a superhero movie problem. I imagine we would get better movies if they didn't have to churn out 100's of those with the exact same formula.

they don't make fun movies anymore because they need the chink audience and for some reasons films are far to expensive now (even adjusted for inflation) so they can't just make movies for males at this point.

I don't know why writing has gotten so bad. Everything seems like a first draft. Maybe all the good writers moved to television? Even Marvel's famous Quips are pretty bland and fall flat most of the time.

Go back to your 2 hour fap session faggot.

Probably the Rock...who would have been the next Arnold if films were still well made.

I was hoping Bradley Cooper would have been the next star but A-Team flopped and he turned into a douche

Chris Pratt?
Jurassic World was awful

Jews were always in hollywood.
It is the cost of films which is the problem.
Which is probably because of jews but mostly they are probably lying about film costs as a tax evasion

(seeing as even 200 million dollars don't look all that amazing..I just imagine they are syphoning the cash into their personal bank accounts)

>Humor back in the day wasn't forced

ayy lmao

Protip: it has something to do with the demise of cool, fun directors who were allowed to build their abilities over the course of a few low-to-mid budget movies before doing anything massive at the hands of shitty third-generation producers who inherited the money and station but no nose for talent or feel for making the strong small bets over the big ones.

That and full-time media coverage means keeping the unsavory aspects of persona under wraps is no longer quite what it was in the old days. Everybody's got a dark past now and you're not allowed to forget it.

The names Pliskin

What happened to the 20 million dollar action/comedy star? There's none anymore