Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo...

Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_nauseam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think everyone forgot total recall remake was a thing and roboremake while not as good as the first had enough going on in its own right to be enjoyable
Plus neither of them accused people of being bigots for not wanting to watch them

you have posted this exact same thread, word for word, every day for weeks. why are you doing this?

Robocop remake was tolerable

Total Recall remake was better than the nonsensical original, anyone who disagrees has been blinded by memes

>So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate?

Sup Forums is full of virgin neckbeards who release their pent up frustration agqinst women on a make believe film.

Its that simple.

>Robocop remake was tolerable

Get out.

Everyone shat on the very idea of their existence when they were first being advertised, but because the filmmakers didn't lash out at everyone and call them sexist for it the hubbub died down pretty quickly and the movies themselves launched with little fanfare and the people who'd already resigned themselves to not liking the movies either didn't see them or went to them and called them bad and then it was over.

Because these were just remakes. People didn't make political statements out of them. They didn't call you sexist for not liking them.

Robocop had 3 movies and a TV series. Total Recall is just Total Recall, nobody wanted a sequel or remake.

Ghostbusters 3 was teased for years. Now it cannot be made due to the death of one of the original ghostbusters. So what do they do? They remake it, with an all female cast as some sort of statement. They force the original actors into it as cameos or they risk legal action.

Robocop and Total Recall are nowhere near beloved as Ghostbusters is

>Hate is only coming from Sup Forums

Ok m8

Two reasons.

Firstly, this isn't just a money-grabbing remake, it's a money-grabbing remake that's also astoundingly shitty. Those two movies you named were watchable, Fembusters is replacing a labour of love written and performed by some very talented comedians with Feig's triumbirate: fart jokes, bodily fluids and shouting.

Secondly, the PR response to initial criticisms was so profoundly insecure. To say, essentially, that the only reason anyone could not like your film is because they're bigoted sexist shitlords and as a result their complaints are invalid so you're not even going to address them is completely arrogant and self-satisfied, people hate that shit. Maybe they were going for a policy of any publicity is good publicity, in which case - bravo, they succeeded. Let's see how it pans out for them. Keyword: pans.

Even if this is a rehash thread and bait, for the sake of anyone else who is reading this and don't know.

Both robocop and Total Recall got the same level of backlash as Ghostbusters. the difference is the producers of the movie and the marketers at Sony decided it was a good idea to frame paying to see the movie as some sort of political statement to cover up the fact they're peddling shit.

Even if Harold Ramus was not dead and they got all the original characters back, even Rick Morranis, if they used a script that's the same quality as the one they're using for this reboot, people would say it's dogshit and Aykroid was out of his mind for approving it.

People rightfully called out Robocop and Total Recall as unimaginative rehash cash grabs. It was only Ghostbusters where the there was actual push back from the producers since it was part of a marketing strategy to demonize what should have been their core demographic.

>this topic again

hello summerfag. There were shit tons of threads for both of these. robocop was surprisingly not terrible but total recall was an abomination that I'm more upset about than ghostbusters

I didn't watch them. I've never felt a need to watch these remakes, i'd much sooner just watch the original and be done with it.

I feel the same with Ghostbusters. Actually I kind of wanted to see that, I was hoping it would be decent fun but the way it's being marketed and seeing the trailers it's going to be quips and nostalgia bait.

I don't waste my time watching things for the sake of it like a lot of people. I haven't even bothered watching Avatar or Warcraft for example because I know they're low tier garbage.

Those franchises combined don't have half the fan base of Ghostbusters.

Stop replying to this spam, it's probably Sony compiling answers so they can refute them after their movie bombs

I made my objection known by never paying for either of these shit films. I didn't even pirate Total Recall. RoboCop was garbage a female RoboCop may have made it better.

Robocop was shat on. Redditors defended its pg13 rating. But it was bad.

But thats nit the point of this bait is it? The point is that we're supposed ti examine all remakes/relaunches/reimaginings in a vacuum. But that can't hapoen. If the movie-goer trend towards remakes has been to grow increasingly annoyed and bored by them, then Ghostbusters is just the next in queue. People will be just as annoyed and bored when Sony makes a third stupid Spiderman origins film.

Robocop actually tried.

Not very much, but it did try.

Because eventually other anons will eventually stop replying, having just got tired of easily refuting his pathetic argument, and he'll then claim he's won.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_nauseam