Currency redesign

I'm guessing you've all seen these
Personally, I love them
I wish someone made similar ones for the UK

The current US currencies look ridicolously dated and REALLY similar, they just have a different racist on each

Heritage is great, but celebrating innovation and problems being solved is more important?

By the way, I'm against the ridicolous PC thing too obv., the bills having racists on them is a ridiculous reason to change them (the reason stated by many blogs). I just love these new designs

why photos lol? that ruins the tradition, when everyone else is doing engravings

Fucking awful

horrid

Not a bad idea but shit choice of photos. Some good ideas would be
>Declaration of independence (Already on $2 bill but deserves a better place)
>Fort McHenry portrait of war of 1812
>Man on moon
>Reagan's "tear down this wall" speech
>US 7th fleet
>Monument valley or some other natural wonder

But the entire point of new banknotes would be to not have people on them. The one thing there were wise enough to avoid with Euro banknotes was having people on them. Instead we have them themed by architectural eras with typical features on one side and an exemplary bridge on the other.

what's up with the growing size btw?
isn't color coding (and perhaps braille) good enough?

It's not good enough.

Different sized notes is super fucking annoying desu

>le minimalistic triangles

They look like stock images

dollars are too iconic as they are
they will continue to modify them, but they'll never diverge from the theme

Look who's talking. Dollars are fucking impossible to tell apart all being the same size and green hue.

Eh they're not great. I like our new fiver tbqh.

Not for the blind.

The new £10 will made of the same material.

Our new fiver looks like the product of John Howard's brain on acid

looks shit

I like it besides the font on the left
It looks like a common word processor font

holy cow

they probably are

how will they even fit on the wallet? c'mon

Really hope they have charles darwin on a different note

Wallet is big enough for the biggest one, the other ones automatically fit.

>they just have a different racist on each

hahahahahah
faggot

I doubt it, he's had his turn and there's plenty of other people from British history they can still use. Maybe Alfred Russel Wallace? He was up there with Darwin.

Eurozone is a bunch of diverse nations. You can't put national achievements on them, so putting architecture is a good idea. But for a single country like the US, national achievements can be put on currency.
>But the entire point of new banknotes would be to not have people on them
No, the front will have the same presidents-- it'll just replace the buildings in Washington in the backside with national achievements

No need to be so triggered, it's just a quip
Just a funny way of making that point

I even included the post script because I knew some people are too politicised to function normally and would be upset by my rhetoric

Why does your dollar bill have e. Coli printed on it?

>ridicolously dated

Funny, our money actually still has an air of culturre about it unlike goddamn euro

Look at the fonts used on your bills

To find those today you go to the Cartoon - Wild West section on dafont.com

I wont deny that they're cultural and that they have significance in that way, but it's [current year], maybe they can have a cultural air about them in a musem exhibit

bump

too scientific
like half of the Americans dont even believe in evolution

Remove the margins and the design quality would improve 20%

They will look outdated pretty fast. Idk who's idea was to put 16yo instagram photo's on a currency that is supposed to be on a market in unchanged form for decades

It's a good idea for EU, imagine if Newton was on one of the notes and Brexit happened.

The UK never adopted the Euro to begin with.

I like the message that the science bills send. That said, the green is classic. I feel that American money should be green.

looks soulless

desu I wish we had our old ones back. All post modernist things, if it's architecture or if it's money, seem to look so sterile.