Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong...

Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.

Math has conclusively proven that God exists, so why do you foolishly choose disbelief?

How did math conclusively prove God exists?

By making you reply to this shit bait

What if you bet on the wrong God?

Rip

It didn't, it never will, it's bait and you know it. Now that the fucking elections are over, these shitty threads return on a daily basis.

Mr Spiderman, tear it down!

hide thread

problem solved

>Oh look... its Andy Suxx' log and jesus o'clock already.

This is completely stupid.
It is a binary opposition between "there is an afterlife" and 'afterlife exists, and if you followed these specific rules written in this specific book you go to heaven"
Why do you consider the traditional Abrahamic conception of the afterlife as the only other option ?
BTW Pascal was just an old man afraid of death.

I was a christian and prayed daily for 12 years. it took me all that time to realize that its fucking bullshit. I then became a giant furfag and i want to dominate sissy femboys

Masturbate

>>My own post number

Kill yourselves.

Pascal was wrong.

Kill yourself.

He was. You can't prove that he wasnt. And since I can't prove that you can't prove me right then I guess that means you're wrong and I'm right.

There are an infinite number of possible gods, so the chance that the god you believe in is the "right" one is miniscule. The benefit from choosing to believe in god is negligible.

I know it's bait but I'll indulge you.

If there is a deity or deities then I believe that I'll go to the nice death place if I'm a moral person in this life, even if I'm an atheist.

If not, that's ok too. At least I lived well.

Infinite includes zero.

How do you know which god to believe in out of all of the ones that have been worshiped?

Except that Spiderman didn't write the comic book now did he?

Check and mate.

What does that even mean?

Why would you think there's any place for you after death. You are a biological machine and there is absolutely no rational reason to believe that anything happens to your consciousness after that machine ceases to function.

I mean that an infinite number of possibilities includes the number zero.

Are you actually stupid? Infinity is a rate you shitstain.

You are the reason why the actor who played Bastian an hero.

No it isn't. You can't prove that.

Go back to school newfriend

all you fuckers are getting trolled by some fat fag that can't see hes own dick hahaha man do i love the fucking internet ha

Make me

Pacals Wager doesnt answer the question of which religion is the right religion, and it is religion that says God will punish you if you dont believe in him. You can believe in God but not have a specific religion, so at that point how does that solve anything since its specifically the religion that states these rules so God must want you to choose one of them, right?

Well, which fucking one?

Pascal's wager actually referenced Christianity specifically

Youve got me there, hows your day going my dude?

by this logic you should wear a helmet 24/7 because of random debris
it all comes down to, "how do you want to live your life?"

if you choose to say you believe in god because of pascals wager, without actually believing then theres no point as he is supposedly all knowing and all that shit so he will know you dont truly believe

Shitty. Thanks for asking user.

Well then its wrong from the start

I love how people on Sup Forums say

>A "philosopher" said it, so youre wrong!

Arguments from authority are a fallacy, just because someone held in high esteem or thought to be smart says something that doesnt mean theyre not utterly wrong

I can only hope it gets better. Have a good one.

Pascal's Wager assumes only a specific kind of 'god' exists though. It's hardly a valid argument to just assume whatever god exists cares about the reverence of humans.