Hey guys. Anyone who can talk about philosophy or recommend some good philosophy books about modern society

Hey guys. Anyone who can talk about philosophy or recommend some good philosophy books about modern society.

I am really sorry if there are any mistakes in my speach. Maybe even grammar nazi would be good sometimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=fLJBzhcSWTk
youtube.com/watch?v=lcIqoN9oRgo&index=5&list=PLtKNX4SfKpzXtJ6jtaOpT37Xc24xSB3OB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck speach-speech. Sorry....

Hope this helps you . Good luck user.

At least post some good memes man. But yeah, thx anyway.

>Wiki logical fallacies.
>Buy vodka
>Every time ya see one used on Sup Forums take a drink.
>Need liver transplant.

Come on , you know not gonna get your answers on Sup Forums we are just here for the pon , maybe try /his/ or /lit/.

I thought it might be worth a try. But, thank you kind sir.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory

This shit is interesting if nothing else. Puts an interesting perspective on a lot of what is happening now.

>books about modern society.
They all suck. Most of modern philosophy sucks dick because they're trying to either score good boy points from academia
or trying to impress their peers with their circumlocutory way of reasoning and convoluted terminology. Read the classics and work your way up from there, but take care to look at why they thought as they thought, rather than eating it all up or immediately criticizing it for seeming out of touch with reality.

I will, i am reading nietzsche now. Genealogy of morals. I am pretty much at the beginning. I just thought the fact how Richard Dawson said about the bad gene. How one person affects the many etc. Will do.

Allright. Gonna check that out. Thx man.

The good life by hackett

compilation of classic philosophers. not really about modern times but give good foundations of thinking to attain a good/happy life

well played user, checked

How much of your past defines who you really are? And can one actually change who they are?

you know i took philosophy 1 and 2 in my times in college. it was interesting and a mind opening experience. I don't think Sup Forums is the place to ask about that, i suggest you talk to a professor from humanity department. They are pretty chill about it.

I would say that your past has a good deal with who you are. But you can change, it probably wont be easy and it's not something you understand until it hits you in the face like a brick.

youtube.com/watch?v=fLJBzhcSWTk

youtube.com/watch?v=lcIqoN9oRgo&index=5&list=PLtKNX4SfKpzXtJ6jtaOpT37Xc24xSB3OB

These will be fun for you OP, taken an interest in this lately myself

I agree. What i am wonder is that if you go to great lengths to change yourself are you really changed or are you just pretending?

I believe that past is huge part of our grown. It's not as you can't change or anything. I think it's more about the way of thinking. As an example i will take my shitty life. This year was totally fucked from my pespective. Every new year i come in balance of what i did so far, look at myself in the mirror (I am ugly as shit) and reflect. Then try to start with new mind set and change things that were negative the year before. You have to be happy with yourself and shit like that. I can't really explain that. But, past is also part of you and it's a good teacher too. And just quick straight answer to the question if somebody can change who they are. Nope. You can change in many things, but not in the base of yourself.

Sorry if i wasn't much of a help there. But, what do you think? Are you only seeking the answers ?

Right on. Im seeking other perspectives perhaps. I have a shit i wanna change about myself, dont know if it will actually make me happy or not.

Not really. If we are forged certain way (By life and time) it will be a part of us no matter what we are trying to be.

You know. Change the perspective. That's pretty much all you can do. I can't really define what will make you happy or not. I know that sometimes we don't know the answer about ourselfs. I don't know why you want to change. Things are not black and white here. You just have to make decision on your own. Whenever you gonna tryto change or not has it's positives and negatives.