Well, all memes aside. How did it do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretty standard fantasy action film, not bad, not great

Worth your time when it's on TV on a boring Sunday afternoon

This.
Lot's of potential in the series, they just need better writers

It was fun, never expected it to be well written or exceptionally good so I certainly wasn't disappointed. Orc stuff was really cool, human stuff was trash

Paula Patton was so fucking bad in this movie. Terrible.

The magic scenes were great though.

Already being forgotten

Ben Foster and Vikings man were the only good humans. The rest were shit.

Orcs were much better.

Hopefully raked in enough Chinabux to make a sequel

Directors cut will be better, the biggest issue I had with it was as a non-wow player they seemed to rush bits of lore to fit it into 2 hours, but the animation and the action etc. was fine

CHYNA

Human stuff was pretty lame, orc stuff was pretty based. I know what they were going for by picking the first war but if Zowie wanted something to stand out he would have started with the Second or Third

Orc kino 10/10

Everything Orc-related was great, but the humans, minus Khadgar and Medivh, was pretty bad.
Pacing was completely fucked since the editor used a pair of hedge clippers.
Hopefully we get that extended edition because I know there was more Orc stuff that was removed.

Duncan confirmed that they will not be putting a directors cut out. Just some deleted scenes as bonus features.

The dream is dead

He was referring to the initial dvd release.
Apparently the higher-ups havent decided whether or not to release a directors cut.
If there is a new cut it will come later.

Did horribly in it's home country so it's not getting a sequel.

>b-but china
People forget that films that do well in China typical also have a domestic run above $300 million, justifying a sequel. See Transformers, Furious 7, etc

We better get an extended cut. If not then Duncan is the biggest pleb

Source?

The Box office for Pacific Rim was 411
The Box office for Warcraft was 412
Pacific rim 2 is in the works I'm confident if that gets a sequel Warcraft will aswell.

you mean aimlessly pace around, and cock my head to the side for no apparent reason guy? yeah he was great.

It takes significantly more time and money to do all cgi.

Pacific Rim made 411 milli
Warcraft raked in 412 milli and had $30k less production budget

It would be silly if Pacific Rim gets a sequel and Warcraft doesn't.

Yeah the scenes with Helscream and the rest of the chieftans felt weird because they had no lines :/

I think this movie would have been great if it focused on Khadgar finding out what fel was and where it came from like a murder mystery, and the war itself is just the backdrop.

They could have had the war go on for years, and Khadgar finally figures out who is summoning all these damn dindu orca into Azeroth.

It was the only part of the movie (besides the orcs) that was genuinely interesting to see on the big screen.

There was a sense of mystery and magic behind it all. It was a real missed opportunity.

Warcraft was 30mill less to make.

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8

Actor paychecks cut into that heavily. That's the major difference between the costs of the two movies. If Warcraft stepped up their game, it would cost a helluva lot more.

Really treads right down the middle. Not bad, not great. Some scenes will make you question what was going through the directors/story writers mind.
>orcs riding horses.
>showing the end boss as an end boss in the middle of the movie
Though the biggest turn off would probably be the forced love story. Yeah, it explains how, maybe not so much why, the big bad turned big bad, but other than that, it felt unneeded.The movie has pretty good action. Such as, there are a lot of deaths, some particularly gruesome and just horrendously horribly hilarious. I won't tell you much more, but you'll know when you see it. He just did it right in front of him, looking into his eyes the entire time and didn't even blink. Like everyone has said, the orcs are the highlight, even though the humans are supposed to be the good guys.

And no one in the Warcraft movie was a named actor.

Just because a movie is "in the works" doesn't mean it's going to get made.

Especially for Del Taco.

There's Toby Kebbell but he's the flop meister so far

>tfw he's in the Ben Hur remake

this movie was kind of like batman begins. forgettable. cinematographically excellent, technologically groundbreaking, and it was honestly nothing more than a way to introduce plebs and peasants to the world of warcraft universe. the illidan movie and the arthas movie will be unironically good, like lord of the rings good. this movie was honestly meh

His twitter when asked about it from a fan

It bombed in America. I don't see them putting out two different releases.

Too bad it's going to take fucking forever to get to the Illidian movie and the Arthas movie unless they condense the fuck out of everything.

pardon me while I nerd...
it's pretty fun and entertaining, but has some key flaws if you care about details. otherwise you can skip what I'm saying.

the costumes and stage props are embarassing. everything has these goofy plastic gems glued all over it. it looks like they attempted to get game of thrones level of detail in the fabric and leather costumes but didn't have the budget, so it just looks cheap. the plate armor does look killer, tho. the high-elves looked like cosplayers. especially the chick with her tits pushed up to her neck. I kek everytime.

for being an origin story, they skipped a ton a canon lore, like gul'dan contacting the Burning Legion(source of the fel magic). that would have been really cool to see. they thought the audience was too stupid for this plot point and gave us a bunch of "ebic" action scenes instead.

because they needed to focus so much on making the orcs seem real, the human side of the cast was completely starved of talent, direction and script. I feel like they actually made the orcs a little too relatable, they should have been a bit more tribal/barbaric. king llane sleepily wanders through all of his scenes lacking any kind of passion a king of an entire kingdom should have when threatened by a new enemy.

after being in the works for 8 years, this movie should have been much better and it doesn't feel like it deserves a sequel. but there definitely will be, and the lore only gets richer and more interesting from here. they fucked up the introduction, let's hope they get it right with the other stories.

it was cool meeting the orcs, but seeing other races in action like the night elves, trolls and tauren will be really, really exciting and will further separate warcraft from other "orc vs human" stories.

How would they even make a Scourge story if skellys and ghosts are no go with the chinks?

I mean Hell Boy 1,2
Blade 1,2
his track record is pretty good with atleast getting a second one.

that's a damn good point. does China get stuff like game of thrones? maybe that rule only applies to video games?

this is important

Orcs were near perfect. Everything else was like watching a filmed larp meet-up.