The age old question

The age old question

Aliens. The original is boring.

Two completely different movies. Not even comparable.

I prefer Alien because I like the thriller / horror aspect, the dialogue, the directing. When I was younger I preferred Aliens because it had a faster pace and more action. I still like both but for different reasons.

Aaaaaaand that's how you spot the pleb.

Alien. Godlike art, set and costume designs, tension, atmosphere. A truly unique take on scifi. Will always be better than Vietnam soldiers in space.

? In the first movie literally nothing of consequence happens for the first half hour. 30 minutes wasted.

Alien
>patrician

Aliens
>reddit

Why does something of consequence HAVE to happen in the first 30 minutes? Why can't a film take the time to build a world, atmosphere, and it's characters first before jumping right into the plot?

One is a pretty much a pure horror movie. The other is an action thriller with horror elements. Not fair to compare them but people always will.

I prefer Aliens out of the two.

I like Alien more but both movies are great.

Original is good, but 2 really expanded a lot.

Alien is a slower paced hallway horror with creepy and disturbing imagery. It's got a believable sci-fi world that draws you in by showing, not telling.

Aliens is a balls to the wall, no fucks given, rude crude space marines versus killer aliens. It's fire and bullets and intensity. How could you not love Bill Pullman in this?

1 didn't have the annoying kid.

The first 30 minutes if Alien are the best part, so fucking comfy

*Bill Paxton

I didn't realize there was a debate, Aliens is a fun action flick, Alien is probably the best horror film ever made and one of the most influential sci-fi films ever made.

Alien 3

Oops my mistake.

Alien is great, but it pales in comparison to other Ridley Scott films, and other suspenseful horror films of that era.

Aliens is the second best James Cameron film behind Terminator, and is maybe one of the best films of all time. The acting is great. The use of practical special effects is great. Cameron's low budget and editing are brilliant. Don't forget that Alien's operation budget was incredibly low, and yet the film was incredibly successful and is still absolutely loved to this very day.

For those reasons...Aliens is the better of the two films in one trilogy.

Can We Talk About the Bonus Situation?

you've got info?

Alien = Patrician

Aliens = Plebeian

Not terminator 2???
Retard.
T2>>>>Terminator

The middle of Aliens is dragged out and boring

They are two separate movies that could stand on their own. If either came out without the other, there would be no regrets. That's how good each were

Aliens stands the test of time better

This. Also they are 2 movies with entirely different genres; 1 is horror the other is action adventure. You cannot compare them

How does Alien not?

Easy, Alien is better.

Alien no question

>boring
Literally what someone says when they have no opinion because their brain is switched off

The special effects haven't aged well. The queen alien and facehuggers look fine, but the rest of the creature effects look cheap compared to the rest of the series.

Aliens

I was always more of a boners situation kinda guy

>ywn smell Ripley's armpits after 10 months of hypersleep