I really want to start working out but I hate public gyms. How do I get the motivation to start working out?

I really want to start working out but I hate public gyms. How do I get the motivation to start working out?

Also, general workout tread

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/5x5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit in your hands and rub it on your chest

Have any equipment at home? Barbells/dumbbells/etc.

Ask the Googles about bodyweight home workout routines

Bodyweight is better anyways, just do different variations of push ups, a few dips, let raises, planks and pull ups. Add some variations of squats and you're set.
As for motivation try caffeine pills you can buy at a drug store. If done with the intention of working out on them they give you a lot of drive and energy.

Don't start buying shit that will "totally have you ripped in like 5 minutes brah! just look at this guy! all he used was this (what ever they are selling)

If you want to work out you can for free or almost free. Run places, plan a path or just head off don't listen to music! 1) someone will stab you for your player 2) you wont hear that truck that will kill you 3) you wont hear the niggers/Mexicans/teens saying . yaaaa yoo lets jack that guy lol
If you're scared of the outside world - run up and down stairs,

buy a 5 gallon water , make sure its cheap as shit water but with a good handle, you now have a weight.

just don't buy into spending money to change your self, it never works.

What the fuck do googles know about working out?
>They would just rob yo ass.
> Does this guy not know that googles = niggers now?

If you have space, try saving up for a nice olympic barbell set, there are decent ones for around $300, a cheap power rack, i got mine for $250(with a pull up bar attached), and an adjustable bench. It's a worthy investment considering gym membership prices can be ridiculous. Plus you'll be able to keep the equipment forever and workout how you want.

Start out with body weight workouts at home. Push ups squats burpees

>go to gym
>trainer tries to sell me a membership for 20 minutes
>entire place is packed
>don't know how to use any equipment
>go home
and that's why i bought some weights off amazon

With this equipment you'll be able to do key compound movements:
-Bench
-Deadlift
-Squat
-Pull ups
-Rows
-Overhead press
(anons add some if im missing any)

and use the barbell for accessory stuff if you wish.

Motivation comes and goes, it works some days and fails you others. You don't want to rely on motivation because it's shit

discipline is what you want to develop.

"i hate public gyms"

why?

Better yet, start cruising craigslist right now and post a wanted ad as well.

I have bought dozens of olympic sets, cages, benches, bars. Hundreds of dumbells, kettleballs, you name it for practically pennies on the dollar.

The best times to buy are around july to september. Later than that and prives go up from people buying as gifts or for their new years resolution.

Make an offer that youll be willing to pay. If they counter too high, flat out tell them its too high for you but to keep your contact information if it doesnt sell and they can go lower.

I buy shit just to have it and give away as gifts to people I help train and lose weight.

I used to feel the same when I first started but you get over it once you put the earphones in and focus on your workout (and the occasional cutie walking in)
Also - you can YouTube all kinds of workouts that really help

At home in room or basement
20 - deep squats
20 Lunges per side
20 sit ups
20 crunches
20 burpees
20 pushups
20 judo pushups
20 tricept dips off bed
20 shoulder bridges per side
*practice neck bridges. Tyson and wrestlers use this to strwngthen and bulk up the neck.

Jog + walk on trails in forest. I suggest jog up hills and walk down hills. Easier on joints. Find a thick tree branch Thats low and do chinups to failure. Final 5 try negatives. Then do pullups to failure. Final 5 negatives. When you walk back to car. Your final 100-200 feet. Sprint full tilt to the car as fast as you can. Explosive

This rotine is basic and free. Nothing required. You will get in above average shape on this regime. This is a common, typical regime an athlete would use outside of sports...especially boxers wrestlers etc

Their reps are much higher tho.

/bodyweight routines/

yes exactly, sites like craigslist, kijiji etc are perfect.

Get a bar. Get some weights. Do a fuckload of curls. Do push ups. Do pull ups. Sit ups. Lunges. Find a building, run the stairs. You don't need a gym at all. They reek and are full of disease and douchebags.

that's all your own fault. should've looked online about how to do the exercises. how to use the equipment.

just join a public gym. walk to the squat rack. do 5x5. 35 minutes. then youre out

stronglifts.com/5x5/

you gotta get yoda and just do or do not. motivation will never come so you need to make the concious decision or not. it will always be a challenge and that is the secret.

Start working out at home. Up and down steps. Lunges with weights. Push ups. Obviously you're limited in exercises and maximum gains, but that's when you pay for the gym.

gyms aren't bad if you go super early or almost near closing. That helps you get used to the atmosphere to the point were a crowded gym during peak time isn't so bad.

Jumping rope is a great option!

>start working out

What goals do you have? Can't get motivated without a goal.

I stopped eating as much skipped a meal or two and once I started to loose weight it got me motivated to actually do some exercise

dont skip meal, just change what and how much youre eating.

To be honest I would only skip when ever I just didn't feel to hungry

not true. i have zero goals and i still motivate myself to work out because i feel lousy if i miss a day. unless you count "not feeling like shit today" as a goal

to the other guy, you are your own motivation. i exercise alone in the darkness early morning every day, then i crawl back into bed until i go to work. it's all i have. fun life.

>unless you count "not feeling like shit today" as a goal

Yeah, that's a goal--not missing a day. That one doesn't work for a lot of people, but it does for some, particularly after you've been at it a while.

8 years and counting bro. in my 30s now, can't stop and never going back

>8 years and counting
Good.

What you might tell OP is how you stayed motivated at the beginning. That's the difficult time, when you don't know why yet.