Anyone else hate these Burger-tier albums?

Anyone else hate these Burger-tier albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Krautrock/comments/5whrkl/king_gizzard_the_lizard_wizard_open_water/)
youtube.com/watch?v=OileUSR5esQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dude psych lmao
fuck them

me. Don't get me started on how much I fucking hated this album and every faggot who keeps on shilling it and saying AOTY and shit. Fucking garbage. Melting is kinda nice though.

Are you guys finally not afraid to admit that King Gizzard sucks

Can this be a Tame Impala hate thread? I can't fucking stand people or the one retard who keeps saying they're like the best band on Earth or better than The Beatles. I mean, really, how stupid can you be to post something like that and expect people to agree?

Well I mean I really love Currents....

Tame Impala are good and I like them. They're way better than all these shit bands but you know, some people on here will shit on them and praise King Shit

>calls anything burgershit but likes tame impala

hmmm

>Melting is kinda nice though.
holy kek
that's (easily) the worst song of the album

yeah of course it's better than a fucking 7 minute song with nothing said but Rattlesnake Rattlesnake Rattlesnake without any interesting melodic progression whatsoever

>repetition makes a song bad

It's a krautrock song faggot

they're the best psych band currently. Of course they're not the best of all time but they're better than all these shit bands that get dick sucked on Sup Forums, like King Gizzard

listen to Neu! then nigger. I listen to krautrock and this is not good by any means.

but psych do you mean psych rock

because the 00's brought so many variations of neo psychedelia you could be talking about animal collective or early ariel pink here too know what I'm sayin

Define "Burgertier"

yeah, 2010s psych rock. I don't like AnCo but I love Ariel Pink. It's just currently really no one is doing it better than Kevin Parker no matter how much you try to prove me wrong because normally you'll say King Gizzard or Ty Segall who in my opinion suck. Ty is actually good but I didn't like his new album which wasn't psych rock even

>krautrock
>not from Germany
shut up faggot

Krautrock my ass
You obviously don't know what krautrock is

You were criticizing it for the qualities that literally made it a krautrock song, and are common on many other krautrock songs.

b8 or retarded, can't tell

I'm sorry, it's a krautrock song. Just because you listened to Tago Mago once doesn't mean you know what krautrock is you literal degenerate.

Explain what makes it krautrock then you big retard

dude repetition lmao

A huge linking factor between a lot of krautrock bands is the "motorik" beat aka a 4/4 consistent unfaltering drum pattern which the other instruments jam over. KGATWL use this A LOT, especially on certain cuts off FMB such as Rattlesnake. Furthermore, they eschew traditional melodies and distance their music from the rhythm and blues roots of rock music, all further things that defined the krautrock movement.

>They use 4/4 like every other band
>Distances itself from rhythm and blues roots (which is what psychedelic rock does anyway not just specific to krautrock)

First of all it's not fucking krautrock. They are trying so fucking so hard to sound like Neu! and they can't pull it off. Just because a song is repititive doesn't mean it's krautrock lmao. Also I know a lot of songs that are repititive and I really enjoy, this is just fucking garbage to fill an album out of 5 albums they want to release in one year like it's fucking McDonald's

I hate ty and his fans t b h they remind me of Demarco fans

just started listening to these guys. they're alright. fun to listen to but nothing groundbreaking or anything.

ITT: tasteless faggots

King Gizzard are quite boring I have to admit.

>They use 4/4 like every other band

Reading comprehension. While many bands use 4/4 few use motorik rhythm. Every motorik rhythm is 4/4 but not every 4/4 rhythm is motorik.

>Distances itself from rhythm and blues roots (which is what psychedelic rock does anyway not just specific to krautrock)

Jimi Hendrix was hugely influenced by rhythm and blues

if having taste means liking half-assed bands then I really don't want to have one

>psychedelic music = jimi hendrix
He might have but the majority of psychedelic music didn't rely on blues roots

I'm not a HUGE fan but I like some of his stuff. Check out Emotional Mugger if you haven't. It's good.

see Also pic related under genres
are you still in denial?

see Just admit that it's krautrock you braindead faggot.

this board sucks fuck me

Hold a second

did you really just use wikipedia to source your music genres? lol idiot

Does this help you at all?

checkmate m8

ITT: faggots arguing over the genre classification of an album. What a shit thread showing exactly what's wrong with Sup Forums

see You may have used an edit but i didn't
>Also the band has been discussed on the krautrock subreddit (reddit.com/r/Krautrock/comments/5whrkl/king_gizzard_the_lizard_wizard_open_water/)

>Also they use many techniques popularized by krautrock such as they motorik rhythm

Your delusional to say they arent krautrock

Turns out it may have had some african roots too

KING GIZZARD SUCK LET'S ALL AGREE ABOUT THAT.

>"if RYM says so, it must be true!"
retard

Why listen to King Gizzard when you can Listen to Iron Butterfly

Wow, what an insightful and prescient observation. If only everyone else on this board was as brilliant and intelligent as you, then surely this board would be a utopia for high-minded discussion and discerning taste!

You are clearly in denial. Just admit when you've been beat.

>no textural experimentation
>literally one guitar vamp
>dude microtonal music lmao
>bro this is krautrock

Stop championing them as some kind of experimental, envelope pushing, super-project, because all they've done is capitalize off of "indie" trends and people's general lack of musical knowledge. They've contributed more to contemporary cultural scenes than they have to any form of musicality whatsoever.

At the same time, they are very, very good performers and their shows are ridiculously fun.

I'm in Your Mind Fuzz was pretty gud, but everything else is a shitty gimmick, that ends up sounding pretty much the same as I'm in Your Mind Fuzz.

>Stop championing them as some kind of experimental, envelope pushing, super-project, because all they've done is capitalize off of "indie" trends and people's general lack of musical knowledge.

I literally haven't done this. All I've done is said that they are krautrock (which they are).

>They've contributed more to contemporary cultural scenes than they have to any form of musicality whatsoever.

I agree

Literally my only point of contention is that they make krautrock music and people seem to be taking issue with this for some reason.

>using krautrock subreddit to back his argument
kys king faggot

will they ever top it?

Right sorry, this has just been bugging me lately- every guitar performance major at my uni has been jizzing their pants over this album.

While I agree that they're """"krautrock-ish"""", genres in general- especially ones like 'krautrock' kind of miss the point. Krautrock is krautrock because the West German arts and DIY scenes of the 70's and 80's developed this form of music as a creative reaction against society in East Germany. To label something as "Krautrock" today would be inherently incorrect. Also while traditional "Krautrock" is characterized by the motorik beat, it's also characterized by vast textural experimentation, which king gizzard doesn't really seem to have down, unless running a feedback loop through a wah box is considered groundbreaking these days.

>inb4 angry response

just my 2 cents. :^/

>the sound of the music matters less than the location
how dumb

>implying I'm referring to location exclusively

Have you ever heard the words "culture" or "scene" before?

Float Along - Fill Your Lungs > Nonagon Infinity > Oddments > Flying Microtonal Banana > I'm In Your Mind Fuzz = Paper Mache Dream Balloon (just because they're last doesn't mean they aren't great)

I haven't listened to the rest enough to properly rank them.

krautrock just means repetitive/motorik psych now, everyone knows it comes from the art scene in germany you pretentious fucker

It isnt a krautrock
Krautrock isnt a genre, it was a psychodelic rock movement from Gremany in late 60ties/early 70ties. It is impossible to create krautrock today.

THANK YOU, holy shit. This is easily my favorite from them, just wish they'd make more like it. FMB was the most gimmicky album I've ever heard, i wish they would focus on writing more complex songs rather than putting 5 albums in a year or some shit. Even a 3 or 4 song EP combining everything from FMB would have been good. It's just soooo repetitive

>[insert genre] just means [insert musical buzzwords] now, you pretentious fucker

Sorry to drag you away from your pre-post-meta-conceptual-poststructuralist-determinist-dialectical thought process there, I'll go back to recording my neo-nu-postjazz-artpop-krautrock-progressive-conceptual-neonoir-rock project now.

You do understand that record labels slap whatever genre they want on any given record just to increase it's exchange value as a commodity, right? It's an excuse so that projects like KGATLW can release one steaming pile of shit after another and still generate value. The term "genre" is less than meaningless today.

>im in denial because i dont think a site filled with redditors is a legitimate source for genre categorization
youre a fucking loser, dude. its not kraut, its pseudo kraut, ie Burger tier

not who you're responding to but

>you're a fucking loser, dude
>getting mad on a korean hentai imageboard

im not mad, i dont like it when people use RYM and wikipedia as credible sources, because theyre unwilling or too lazy to actually source what they are talkig about, in this case, whether or not flying banana is krautrock

>the best psych band currently
Wew lad

if it's not from 70s germany it's by definition no kraturock

who's better then? enlighten us

They're literally just another Mac Demarco tier fad that will run dry after people realize that using a 12 string guitar doesn't make you a genius.

the fuck does that even mean?

Anyway, considering that that's AOTYSF, i'd say no.

you still didn't name a single artist or band doing it better

Thee Oh Sees

people like you make me sick

>literally vamping a C7b6 scale the entire album
>bro we're experimental because we sparingly use microtonal notes as a proof of concept
>best psych band today

Holy Wave
Thee Oh Sees
The Babe Rainbow

To be honest it gets really repetitive towards the end, and the fact that they're just going to be shilling out 4 more of them kinda rustles my jimmies. There really hasn't been much better released this year so far, imo, so its still my aotysf.

>actually has pepes saved on his computer

good. i'm glad my presence upsets you.

okay, I'll give them a chance. Any certain album you'd recommend I start with?

I'm talking about Tame Impala retard. I fucking hate King Gizzard

>this whole thread

so to be clear: we hate king gizzard, tame impala, and other neo psych bands?

This.

Bad thread tbqh

Thee Oh Sees have never made an album as great as I'm In Your Mind Fuzz, Paper Mache Dream Balloon or Flying Microtonal Banana. But aside from that, their discography is very consistent.

Yes, the majority of Sup Forums hates them. I'm not in the majority, as I do think they have a few good albums, but microtonal bananna is just shit.

>bro if I just put a shitload of reverb on my voice in ableton I don't even have to sing

If anything, this thread should be proof that if you DON'T like them you're a faggot.

>Holy Wave

stopped reading there. If you really think Holy Wave made anything better than Innerspeaker and Lonerism you're a dumb fuck

Floating Coffin, The Master's Bedroom and Help are good records

I dropped acid and listened to Nonagon Infinity the other day and it was great tripping music. I didn't like Banana but I'm not understanding the intense hatred for these guys on here.

Fuck off pleb

>DIY project from Texas doesn't have enough money to spend hundreds of hours in professional studios mastering every track to perfection
>implying Tame Impala are better instrumentalists than Holy Wave

What exactly do you think is good music?

Help is one of their worst, don't listen to . Although the other 2 albums he listed are very good.

Carrion Crawler/The Dream is the ideal starting point for them. then Master's Bedroom.

This thread gave me cancer

drop acid and listen to Lonerism, way bettr

youtube.com/watch?v=OileUSR5esQ

alright, I'll check them out and see. Thank you guys

Help is a great record. Rainbow and Meat Step Lively are some of their best songs.

You know what fuck you you fucking prick

King Gizzard may have done a pretty decent krautrock attempt but we need to remmember whos the queen of modern Krautrock

women cant understand psychedelia lol

seriously fuck you you LITTLE FUCKING BITCH

This is great. Thanks my man. Any other recommendations?

i have two