twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BEAR WITNESS

AS I EXERCISE MY EXORCISM

BANG
YOUR
MOTHER
FUCKING
HEAD

this album is so good. i've never listened to their second album but i'm sure it's a disappointment in comparison.

Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you miss it.

Yeah most of the other stuff is underwhelming with a few song exceptions

has some crap songs but also has a couple of classics:
youtube.com/watch?v=aQRSXt5l9aw

youtube.com/watch?v=B_cNbuH33B4

youtube.com/watch?v=rDoqVmPeTqM

similar album and also great

Fuck yeah, one of my favourite hiphop albums

BCC is underrated, all albums on the first wave are dope

Great albums

Looks like mortal kombat

I know it was bait but I honestly don't think the two are comparable. There's more underground hp hop, specifically from Memphis that has a darker, more "industrial" tone to it. Gravediggaz tried to capture that spirit, but I don't think they quite had it down. Sure their sound was heavier than most others at that time, but Death Grips is in a whole different ballpark.

The best Memphis rap album of all time was made by a white kid in his basement and there's nothing you can do to change that fact.

not true. Pic related is 100 times better.

>durr, hurr respect your elders

Fuck off, MTI is a thousand times more nuanced, hard-hitting and varied.

That's entry level, I'm talkin' Riverside Click
youtube.com/watch?v=bYpf5EY2x8o

this is another one of those break da law offshoots, which Three 6 Mafia didn't even start

>better flows
>better production
>darker atmosphere
> various different personalities on the mic
Mystic stylez is better

Why would I want to change that fact?

>entry level
still one the best memphis rap albums of all-time.

They got cleaned up and polished real quick though, didn't they? It's not that I don't respect Mystic Stylez but they're so far from that now that it's not even the same Three Six Mafia. They lost their grit and their edge in favor of a polished and clean sound. totally commercialized.

>better flows

Not really, Memphis rap isn't really know for its technicality. I'd say ugly manes downpitched vocals are way more engaging.

>better production

That's just simply wrong. It's low-fi as hell I'll give you that but it's not nearly as varied as the production on MTI

>darker atmosphere

I'll give you that.

> various different personalities on the mic

MTI has a bunch of features.

Look, I really like Mystic styles but MTI had the advantage of coming out way past the genre's prime. LUM is an obsessive music nerd who probably dissected and deconstructed the entire genre for years before making MTI. It can be considered somewhat of an homage to the genre but is strong enough to stand on its own entirely.

Just tell me this song isn't straight killer:

youtube.com/watch?v=rwLDTEechPU

"Hard Out There For A Pimp" was the worst

this

nah LUM wish he could go has hard as the worst Memphis rappers sorry. even his lyrics fail when compared to lil noid and dj sound.

IVE BEEN EXAMINED EVER SINCE I WAS SEMEN>

THEY TOOK A SONOGRAM AND SAW THE IMAGE OF A DEMON.

SEMEN DEMON CONFIRMED

It sounds more like ICP than Death Grips

good record,but not near as aggressive GD is on the beats.

ICP is a cornier three-6 mafia

I legitimately can't get this ICP song out of my head

youtube.com/watch?v=1erjP1P8FCY

I listened to it a couple times because it's funny how much better Brown is than them but the fucking stock Casio keyboard instrumental with circus sounds thrown in won't leave me alone