Amerifucks, is it true that when you turn 18...

Amerifucks, is it true that when you turn 18, you're required by law and under threat of imprisonment to sign the Selective Service:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System

... and that, if there's a moment of "national crisis" you could be called up by the Draft that was supposed to be swept away after the giant fucking bed-shit that was the Vietnam War?

The Draft!

The fucking DRAFT!!!!

HA HA HA HA!

HAAAAAA HA HA HA!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

We used to joke about this but sweet merciful FUCK, you Americans are well and truly literally fucking KEKOLDED! Not figuratively, not metaphorically but LITERALLY! By your own GOVERNMENT!

HAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4
nytimes.com/2016/06/15/us/politics/congress-women-military-draft.html?_r=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i dont understand, tf do it say and mean?

You have to sign up to go to college or even get a job.

I didn't do it yet and i'm 22, and no one has come after me yet.

Yea, when us men turn 18 we are required to sign up to defend our country if the shit really hits the fan. Be jeaulous, probable euro-fag

This is a shitty fucking troll. OP what shit country do you come from

All american males get their dicks mutilated to show loyalty for their jew masters and with selective service they sign up to die for their kike masters

Hah, Pres. Carter dumped the requirement, next Pres turned it back on.

I didn't have to register.....we haven't had a war worth fighting since Korea, anyhow.....except Afghanistan from dropping bombs to driving bin Laden out and into Pakistan.

lol are you cut like a jew wannabe

i didn't either but apparently if you dont select by a certain time you are just auto enrolled toward whichever branch

I learned this when i applied for a position at the VA.

I was born in the US and i'm uncut. Does that mean the jews aren't my masters?

So what pussy OP? Go fly kite.

Whatever. I'm a dual citizen and i'll just revoke my american citizenship and move if it comes to that.

no they still rule every aspect of your life and will draft yo ass if they need bodies for war

Do you feel in charge, plebfuck murricunt?

I'm too old and don't care. I hope all you menials die in service of the country.

100% true.
Being a fat fuck aint so bad.
They cant take you if you cant pass basic.

Americans

But i'm a dual citizen and i can move and revoke my american one

This is pretty true for soldiers in most countries.
Most are never deployed and have a chill fucking job with plenty of free time to jerk around like teenagers who've never had a real job before.

They are more of an investment. If shit hits the fan, you can be assured they will have to face the toughest and most nightmarish job there is.

Yes. And funny thing: If there was a draft under Trumps presidency, many people would believe they are being sent to die for Trump corporate assets, since Trump will do nothing to untangle himself from such conflicts.

So if you get drafted some day and get sent to some hell hole that's only resource is having a Trump tower, just known you died to make Trumps wallet great again

Many European countries have forced conscription, not even selective surface. Finland and Switzerland are two places all citizens are forced to join the military. SKorea also forces citizens to join the military

At least the US just signs you up for an emergency draft rather than force all adults to spend a year or more in the military or go to jail.

If you fail to sign up by a certain age, you can never claim state or federal benefits. No medicare, no social security, no housing or foodstamps. Not that the US will have any of those a year from now.

Hahaha, it's funny that you think that.

yes, if you are a male and are of age 18 you must sign up for selective service. It really doesn't bother me because we are not pussies like in other countries. If the need arises we are ready to fuck you up.

>If you fail to sign up by a certain age, you can never claim state or federal benefits. No medicare, no social security, no housing or foodstamps. Not that the US will have any of those a year from now.

This is the mentality of most who join the military...they are losers who want to live their entire lives on state handouts

i didnt and im not going

I didn't know this was a YLYL thread

Won't happen while trump is prez. Most the country will tell him to fuck off and actively resist. Only the low end of the gene pool that voted for him would respond.

relax, it will be no worse than a 6 mile wide comet strike

Yeah, but it ends when you turn 25, recieve crippling injury, enlist in the military proper, or being convicted of a felony.

There are certain conditions under which you are ineligible for the draft (and enlistment).
Mental illness
Physical handicap
Gay
Having a vagina
Being born outside Murica

This comment would be 1000x better if it were posted one post earlier, but yes, that's too true.

i dont know where your from but in canada there is the war measures act. you have no choice. the government can come tell you that your going off to war. no sign up required.

im pretty sure the uk has this as well.

ya seriously, the premise of this whole thread is bullshit.
I'm 36, never signed up for selective service.

I won't be able to get a gov't job or be a politician, but no one's coming after me for it...
it's not punishable by law.
read the fine print before posting horseshit OP...

I had to for financial aid for college, but idk if you have to when you turn 18 now.

>Yes all men have to sign up
>It is being expanded that women have to sign up too (equal rights bitches)
>failing to sign up is grounds to be denied financial aid for school
>failing to sign up can keep you out of some government related jobs
>technically prison time is possible, but it isn't worth the expense to the government.

Having an all volunteer military is more cost effective, and provides a higher quality of service members.

>The mentality of most who join the military is that they are men and women that are willing to commit themselves to supporting the security of society while gaining training and/or education benefits to improve their lives.

fixed

>Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Bull shit. I never handed in my card during highschool, graduated and had no problem getting into CalPoly.

It should be an acceptable consequence that anytime US soil, or national soil, is under threat all able-bodied men should stand up to defend it.

wouldn't it be easier to have manned land drones mounted with an automatic weapon, enough ammunition for multiple reloads and a self destruct option?

>The tree of liberty must occasional be watered with the blood of patriots

Be thankful you live in a time when U.S. Military service is a choice.

I'll defend the soil on and surrounding my community, thank you very much. I'll gladly join a militia with friends, family and people I've met, thank you very much. I'll fight to the death alongside them if need be, defending what we as a community have helped to build, thank you very much.

I will NOT join a standing army controlled by faceless, old men in grey suits for interests of which I'm uncertain, fighting and dying alongside people I don't know who could well be legitimately retarded psychopaths.

THANK YOU VERY FUCKING MUCH.

They tell me I should sign up. But... Well, I don't think I'll survive to the war.

Yes, but I still think that a draft is a necessary action of any country should it be facing destruction.
I don't like it, but it's a necessity in my mind.

No.
You need to sign up if you want any sort of interaction with government assistance. This includes any government, state, federal, local jobs (but none by private employers), your FAFSA form for student aid (including government-provided student loans) that most colleges expect you to submit and may require a special form to be filled out if you don't want to submit your FAFSA. You need to have filled it out and submitted in a timely manner if you ever want to serve in the military, police, EMT, first responders, public-funded firefighter group, any job in any public school, any job for any local state or federal anything related to government. Section 8, food stamps, government-funded vocational rehab, medicaid, etc all require you to be signed up to it.

So the short answer is "basically yes", but if you feel like jumping through hoops and never receiving a second of the government's time or consideration for anything at all, you can not sign up, although this becomes murky water in legal proceedings if you dodge a draft thereafter.

You can also sign up as an informed peaceful dissenter / peace corps member, which excludes you from drafts, but also bars you from all military / federal+state+local law enforcement jobs.

Good for you. That way you can fall one by one in an unorganized heap of inability as your country is taken and your women raped and your land destroyed.

>manned land drones
????
manned or drone... pick one

Do you mean remote operated drones?
>can be cut off with jammers
>cannot multi-task

Yeah, all males once they turn 18 have to register for selective service for the US Military, usually you could get fined for it, but there are occasions where they'll send you to jail and hold you until you register. Most people can get out of it relatively easily if it comes down to a draft being initiated, any kind of chronic illness, mental disorder, or even flat feet or chronic bodily pain or injury can get you out of it.

Indeed. That is our choice and we know we didn't die needlessly for Jewish bankers using us as pawns in their crooked, little game.

Thanks for the fish, you overtly-nationalistic kumquat. Here's some Doug Stanhope to tell you why you're a complete and utter moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4

signing up does not guarantee service... Remember that the military ha standards just being too fat will keep you out of the service

I'm not a nationalist. I dislike authoritarianism, and would consider myself a libertarian. But one of my firm beliefs is that it is the duty of the country to first and foremost protect itself, and that a draft is a neccesity of that. I think it should be limited to if US soil is attacked, but I think it is something that is needed. If you'd like to sit and be the one protected along with the other woman, so be it, but don't claim that it is because of your own intelligence or some sort of enlightenment. It's from fear and a rebellious streak.

Duty of a country to protect it's people*. That was a typing error on my part.

okay, how about ironman like bullet proof, blast proof suits for the infantry?

I'm high and bored.

So you're saying that if a nations standing army is stretched so thin that it can't protect its shores you'd trust the same nations government to arm you and use you as something more than a bullet magnet?

I expect to be used as a bullet magnet, but as I've said it is first and foremost the duty of the nation to protect it's people, and if it comes to the point where enemy troops were landing on American soil I'd be willing do die fighting for some minuscule amount of hope. And there is more hope in a united from than there is in small groups guarding communities.
It's an unfortunate aspect that someones got to be on the front lines, but I refuse to let someone else die in my stead if its in defense of my land.
I also refuse to buy into this anti-genetic bullshit. It's an unfortunate truth that men were made to be disposable.

honestly, they are being developed.
> Yes the armored trooper has a lot of value.
save lives
save money by not having to train so many new troops
save money by not needing to deploy as many troops

also, think of all the private sector jobs that could benefit, from the companies that make the armor down to the civilian and first responder uses for the same tech as it trickles down

Well sonny, you just go tell those folks up there in charge to maybe fix a few schools and roads and what-not, oh and don't forget the mental health system so we don't have schizophrenic bums gladly informing us that "Hitler actually won the war and Germany developed advanced mind-control methods to convince us otherwise so we won't revolt", oh and uh, fix the aged care system as well so ol' Gramps who has Alzheimer's actually gets some food more than once every four days because, you know, "everyone's gotta share the load" while Finkel Finkelstein up there in Washington D.C. can eat once every four seconds if he wishes because he's skimming off the top, oh and uh, maybe a nice public education system that doesn't teach Common Core? Yeah, that'd be nice.

You just tell those fellas up there to fix all those things so we have an America worth fighting for. Meanwhile, I'll stick right here in my community, ready to bear arms and shoot me some fuckin' invaders.

Oh say, can you see. You fucking idiot.

the only thing that will happen is that you will be denied all forms of federal financial aid if you dont register

also, you probably automatically registered if you got a drivers license without checking 'no' that you wanted to not be in the draft

What in the fuck is your point? You are just rambling incoherently about nothing. All I said is that the draft is a acceptable consequence of a country. I don't think those fucks are going to fix anything, thus why I tend to like smaller regional government, but there are things that need to be federal, and the military is one of them.

So if you're already willing to die in said situation whats the point of signing up for a draft? If it came down to you could show up at any recruitment center and be on a bus to boot camp by the end of the day.

the bigger joke is if woman really wanted to be treated equal to men they'd demand they had to sign up too.

>36
>on Sup Forums

pls go
your time is up here

Do you understand the point of a draft? I feel like I'm talking to a bunch if illiterate fucks who think it's just there to send people to Vietnam.

nytimes.com/2016/06/15/us/politics/congress-women-military-draft.html?_r=0
welcome to equal rights

Yah! Get out of our special club!

>the bigger joke is if woman really wanted to be treated equal to men they'd demand they had to sign up too.
all of my this

an adult, fully functional in society, should not waste their time in an intellectually deleterous place like Sup Forums

im thinking about u, not me

I don't think civilians should be allowed to use that type of technology.
Imagine a crazed gunman in one of those things, the police would have be issued M855 and ar 15s

the only women who want to be equal are the ones that do not protest, and instead work for it

So what's the problem
isn't this a good thing

that's just men in congress saying "Hmm, yeah that seems fair" and voting for it.

I'm talking about actual regular female citizens going out there and DEMANDING either that we do away with selective service, or that women must sign up too.

Yes, I do. But I'm saying that in this () situation there would be no point in a draft as your shores would already be invaded so of course you'd be defending it.

The shitty thing about this entire thing is this current generation is too big of pussies to grab a gun. I signed up on my 18th birthday and am glad I did it. I have no problem shooting some sand nigger if they fuck with me. Any faggot who does not sign up does not deserve to live in the greatest country in the world. Now that we have the honorable Trump as president, the pussies will get out of the way and go cry in their safe spaces and let the men get back to work.

who "demands" anything these days, much less anything of one of the most easily ignored of US social institutions?

what if you're ordered to shoot serbs instead

Burgers getting cucked? Not surprised, really.

there is little room for morality in war

t. cuck

When i renewed my license after turning 18 it was required and part of the form. Draft or not drafted i cannot serve in the military because of cannabis drug charges. Nor can i be part of a jury.

yep, males aged 18 must sign up for the draft
sucks
but it's ok cause I can have my therapist sign a letter saying I'm a tranny and i get auto-excluded
feelsgoodman
but every day feelsbadman
I'm also a pacifist

It would be like the AR15
M16 / M4 assault rifle issued to military
AR15 sporting rifle cheaper and without burst or automatic fire options
Military powered armor with integrated mil-spec, air filtration, communications hardware, and battle field tech
civilian powered exoskeletons, with optional flame resistance, for police, fire, and construction

It mattered that they were sand niggers, but now you admit that you don't care who the states goes to war with, even if it's the poor serbs again.

never said it was a problem. I served with women in the military

Part of being in the military is to follow orders. If that is what I am asked to do, I will do it. With Russia becoming an ally now that Tilerson will Secretary of State and the Baltic States refusing to tempt America again, hence dissolving of Yugoslavia, I think our 2 countries would be all right.

No you don't. I didn't.

That was someone else, I am 219

Soo....Americucks it is?

if you go to war, there must be a valid reason to go to war

granted, killing civilians is unacceptable, but you cannot spare an enemy combatant that wants you dead because of 'morals'

t. faggot

>... and that, if there's a moment of "national crisis" you could be called up by the Draft that was supposed to be swept away after the giant fucking bed-shit that was the Vietnam War?

Infiltrated communist politicians ruined Vietnam- refused to allow the US to win, did the same thing during the Korean war. Just made them meat grinders for us.

Politicians should never be allowed to run a war.

Its illegal to draft, but we still have to sight up for. Its just something we forgot to take out and alot of people dont know its still there. We have too many willing people anyways it doesnt mattet either way. Im sighed up.

Many European countries require military service which them if a draft happens you're fucked.

I signed up quite willing, still carry my draft card even in my 30s. Its the law, and to be honest, I can't imagine a situation where it could be bad enough for them to start calling folks up were I wouldn't have already volunteered (for one side or the other).

There MUST be morality in war. That is why there are Laws of War both nationally and internationally.

When we choose to to be amoral we are no longer civilized humans, but monsters

>no u
excellent arguementation

Not sure about medicare, but I do know that SS is actually has a surplus currently, and will be able to give full benefits till like 2035 and 85%benefits after that for the forseeable future. Although, the Republicans actually just started pushing a new bill that would cut it.

there is always an evil side to war, and if they will not be moral, how can you be moral and expect to win

morality only applies to non-combatants or surrendering troops

Taught to criticize the dominant culture

This is as good as it gets for some countries